Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old March 30th, 2012, 11:12 AM

Jungle Acolyte is surprisingly tart
CONFRONTATION: Age of Re-interest

Hello fellow 'Scapers,

Partly because of C3V using them in upcoming waves and partly because they're sheer awesomeness, I've been starting to collect a bunch of the Confrontation:Age of Rag'narok figures from Rackham. I cruised through the forums here on HS and found just a few people talking about the game... a couple years ago—curse my poor judgment, always collecting games that are out of print!

Because the game is out of print (and was kind of in French in the first place anyway), it's impossible to find any resources for it online, and the game manual is a bit inscrutable in spots. I'm starting this thread as a litmus test to see how many people are actually still interested in it and might be able to help me figure out a few questions that I have. Maybe if enough people are interested we can make this an unofficially official Confrontation thread.

I'm gonna go ahead and post my first question: when you're constructing your activation sequence, do the cards for your Incarnates go into the sequence as well, or do they sit out for reference and you do only activate your Incarnates along with the unit to which they're attached?
Old March 30th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
Re: CONFRONTATION: Age of Re-interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Acolyte View Post
Hello fellow 'Scapers,

Partly because of C3V using them in upcoming waves and partly because they're sheer awesomeness, I've been starting to collect a bunch of the Confrontation:Age of Rag'narok figures from Rackham. I cruised through the forums here on HS and found just a few people talking about the game... a couple years ago—curse my poor judgment, always collecting games that are out of print!

Because the game is out of print (and was kind of in French in the first place anyway), it's impossible to find any resources for it online, and the game manual is a bit inscrutable in spots. I'm starting this thread as a litmus test to see how many people are actually still interested in it and might be able to help me figure out a few questions that I have. Maybe if enough people are interested we can make this an unofficially official Confrontation thread.

I'm gonna go ahead and post my first question: when you're constructing your activation sequence, do the cards for your Incarnates go into the sequence as well, or do they sit out for reference and you do only activate your Incarnates along with the unit to which they're attached?
Confrontation is coming back under a new company.

I've heard its going to be closer to Confrontation v.3 IIRC. Age of Ragnarok was when Rakham merged its Skirmish game Confrontation with it's squad game, Ragnarok. I think they are going back to regular Confrontation rules, so it's probably different from what you're familiar with (although I'm sure Age of Ragnarok must have carried over elements from Confrontation)
Old March 31st, 2012, 02:18 PM

Jungle Acolyte is surprisingly tart

Gah. Too bad I've got all these figures. Hopefully I'll still be able to use them... Do you happen to know the name of the new company?
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

http://www.confrontation-thegame.com...hp?rub=battles

For anyone who is interested.
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Acolyte View Post
Gah. Too bad I've got all these figures. Hopefully I'll still be able to use them... Do you happen to know the name of the new company?
Company is Cyanide Studio, produced by Legacy Miniatures, and distributed by CoolminiorNot.

Looks like it will be called Confrontation: Phoenix Edition, at least initially or for now. Will be a review and reworking of Version 3-3.5 of the original Confrontation, and use Resin and Metal minis.

They expect to use old minis at first, will release new minis down the line, but said they won't be re-releasing the really old ones, like when the game first started back around 2000

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures