Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 4th, 2022, 03:30 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airballshooter View Post
Scrap this thread. we have official scape again!! WOOOP WOOP
hahaha...yeah, I guess we'll find out.
As SoV is meat do be "semi-official", compatible with all the existing C3V and official units, how does this announcement will change your way of working? May SoV proposition may still here in association with Hasbro for putting approved design in future release? (like zombicide map creations?) Or will you continue that way and add a pass like Unified Fanscape review with Hasbro?

I know it's certainy a little early to answer this question
Old August 4th, 2022, 09:51 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I don’t want to speak for the SoV folks but I don’t think VC has any kind of statement at the moment. We’re discussing.
Old August 4th, 2022, 10:47 AM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

Huge fan here that just doesn't get to play this great game enough

I am still debating whether or not I will be collecting unpainted Heroscape as the appearance is important to me and I don't have time to paint.

I hope that this doesn't open the door for official C3V or SoV that are unpainted.

I know that I could always choose not to buy, but I have every C3V so far, and nearly every SoV (just not the wave 9 Kyrie repaint or skull demon)
I would hate to lose that level of completeness
Old August 4th, 2022, 11:32 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

You could always get things painted by someone who does painting commissions, just consider it part of your overall cost to buy in for such units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Keller View Post
Huge fan here that just doesn't get to play this great game enough

I am still debating whether or not I will be collecting unpainted Heroscape as the appearance is important to me and I don't have time to paint.

I hope that this doesn't open the door for official C3V or SoV that are unpainted.

I know that I could always choose not to buy, but I have every C3V so far, and nearly every SoV (just not the wave 9 Kyrie repaint or skull demon)
I would hate to lose that level of completeness

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 4th, 2022, 12:51 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Keller View Post
I can't speak officially for VC, but if official figures come unpainted it will be hard to turn away SoV submitters for doing the same.
Old August 4th, 2022, 12:54 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yeah, I have the same feeling. If this opens the door to VC using unpainted minis it’ll be the biggest shot in the arm it’s ever received.
Old August 4th, 2022, 07:30 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that allowing unpainted SoV submissions could only be positive. There's an abundance of suitably scaled miniatures these days that lack paint, and sculpts from genres other than fantasy seem vastly more common in such form.
Old August 4th, 2022, 09:07 PM

Absolutely. The Reaper Bones line alone is astonishingly wide. OF course it focuses on fantasy but there's a huge number of sci fi figures and an entire line of mechwarrior-esque robots for Soulborgs.

EDIT: I mean C3V opening to unpainted minis as well, but that's another thread.
Old August 5th, 2022, 09:04 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Could we run the SoV judge process on the new official releases and see if they make the cut, just for fun?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 5th, 2022, 10:09 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

As I just posted elsewhere, the new minis will not be raw gray. They will be in a color scheme associated with their generals.

We were only just a few minutes ago given permission to say so but you should know.

On a related note, I do not see this as a green light for us to change our own standards. That is a separate conversation and I urge you to be patient with all of us in the C3V and the SoV as we hash this out.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 5th, 2022, 10:28 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Could we run the SoV judge process on the new official releases and see if they make the cut, just for fun?
That would be an interesting exercise; not even all of the original HS units would have gotten SoV approval. Though it would be a lot of work for literally nothing.
Old August 8th, 2022, 08:11 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, in spite of some recent large news, I would like to nominate my very first submission to the SOV, Diorite Defender. I've received some very good feedback already and I am very happy with this version.

Bio: Long has Aquilla wondered why the Granite Guardians joined her cause. Was it her connection to nature? Some noble cause? Or something much worse? The Diorite Defender shambles forward, calling its brethren steadfastly onward. They are of one mind, and with one goal: to cover the world in stone.

Balance: Diorite Defender is sturdy, as it needs to be to fulfill its cheerleading roll as a combination Raelin/Taelord. But its slow movement and small aura limits the mobility of any potential invincible pods, making it vulnerable to a melee rush with a ranged pod or to kiting with a melee screen.

Playability: Rock Pillars is fairly straightforward, as is Gain Higher Ground. The wording is simple and fits naturally into the Heroscape card language. The figure looks great among the Granite Guardians and fits nicely on a DWK9000 base.

Theme: The leader of the Granite Guardians, Diorite Defender is ready to lead them and any Elementars into battle. Under the flag of Aquilla, this living rock is a natural extension of the mountains of Feldspar.

Creativity: I like the creative balance of this unit. On the one hand, Rock Pillars is a completely new ability that opens the door for a lot of interesting, tactically subtle combinations while still feeling like a Heroscape ability. On the other hand, Gain Higher Ground is a natural improvement of the Gain High Ground ability, much like Improved Cyberclaw.

Availability: This figure is the Elemental Wall #06 from DnD War Drums. I've found about 70 across the web. I had to search pretty deep to find the last dozen or so, but about 50 are really findable, including 20 on eBay. The C3V has also used the War Drums line in the past, so it's possible that there are more that could surface.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs