Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 18th, 2022, 10:09 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Ranking the Roman Bonding Heroes

The Roman Legionnaires' incredibly generic Warlord Bonding gives them ten bonding heroes across Classic and SoV/C3V Scape, more than any other unit in the game. They're probably only going to get more as other factions like Armocs and Sacred Band get more help.

Many of these were not intended for Legionnaires, but some still function quite nicely as bonding options. But not all of them are equally good. Which ones are the best? Let's find out.

(this is an in-general question, not just 500-point armies on small map)

Ne-Gok-Sa: Ne-Gok-Sa doesn't necessarily pair with the Romans that well, but he's just such a solid hero across the board. He is extremely tanky and among the more inexpensive options, and while he wastes time engaged and attempting Mindshackles the Romans can continue fighting other objectives. I have no qualms putting him in A, knowing my severe bias towards him as my favorite unit in the game.

Marcus: Marcus gives Romans +1 Move as well as +1 Attack to adjacent soldiers. It's friendly soldiers as well, making him pretty great in team games should your partner have Minutemen or 10th Reg. Putting him in anything but S would be silly.

Venoc Warlord: Neither of Venoc's abilities benefit the Romans at all, and he's just a smidge too fast for them as well. Maybe in a bigger game you could have some Venocs in the army as well to make the most of it, but otherwise he's not great. 120 Points doesn't help much either. E

Me-Bruq-Sa: MBS doesn't necessarily aid the Romans directly, but he's fast, cheap, and Ranged Bonding heroes don't come often. He lets the Romans attack two different objectives at the same time. A

Valguard: He's very tanky, much like NGS, though he gets bogged down somewhat easily despite his many strengths. I personally don't find myself taking him that often. C

Parmenio: He's a Sacred Band hero. Shockingly bad for the Legionnaires despite the species/general alignment. The Romans' hero works well for the SB, but unfortunately the reverse does not hold true. F

Mogrimm: Mogrimm is just solid all-around with both Dwarves and Romans. He's tough, gives a free Initiative boost, and can still hit opponents at distance through Commander's Strike. He also has 4 Attack. He's probably the reason I don't take Valguard often. A

Zogross: Uh, he's tanky. And Opportunity Strike is strong. D

Azurite: He's like Valguard, a bit less tanky but he hits way harder (and more importantly whenever you want). His only flaw to me is a slightly awkward point value, the 5 obviously intended to slot in with the Armocs. A high B

Ashara: I've never played her. Swapping figures seems good, but hell, 200 Points? I guess I've got to put her in C simply because I have no actual experience using her.

Tell me your rankings.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 19th, 2022, 05:30 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Ranking the Roman Bonding Heroes

NGS: B
MDG: S
Mittens: F
MBS: S
Valguard: C
Parmenio: F
Mogrimm: A
Zogross: D
Azurite: A
Arashara: C

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion