Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 5th, 2012, 10:44 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!
How many of each set were printed worldwide?

Here is a question that has been bugging me. How many of each set/wave were printed overall? How many Orm's roam the planet? How many Aquilla's Alliance hide in the shadows of closets?

I couldn't even take a wild guess as to how many of each rolled out of the factory. With the amount of Targets, Walmarts and TRUs on the planet getting a good amount of the sets, how many saw a store shelf?

With piles and piles of Wave 1 out there still even being sold but people tripping over themselves to get to Flag Bearers and Aquilla's Alliance, are numbers for Wave one in the tens of thousands and only hundreds for AA and FBs?

What do you think?

PM me about any custom scenery
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:46 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: How many of each set were printed worldwide?

A googolplex.
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:17 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Good question. I was just wondering about the distribution of RtFF/OR. Initially it was packed 1 Terrain: 2 Heroes, thanks to the "Dragon Lady." When TJ/AA was printed they went with a ratio of 2 terrain: 1 Heroes. When RtFF/OR was reprinted it was also 2T:1H. But somehow retailers were able to order OR by itsself from the distributors. Too bad AA wasn't like that too.
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:07 AM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

I would LOVE to see the production numbers for all the sets. Just thought it would be really interesting to see how much of what went where. I remember some people saying that Aubriens/Gladiatrons was primarily seen only at K-Mart (I always thought this was really weird). And I never saw Aquilla's Alliance in any store when it was released but the Jungle was not TOO hard to find (kicking myself for not buying like 4 of them..lol).

But Sherman could be right, a GOOGOLPLEX!!!

Old February 6th, 2012, 11:09 AM

Nostradouglas Woo who?

The only place I ever saw terrain was my local game store. I only saw Master sets and small expansions at Target and Walmart. And Marvel sets... so many Marvel sets at Target, I know Marvel would be more popular to the masses, but soooo many Marvel sets.

I too would be intrested to know the numbers of wave 1 to wave 2/6 to wave 8 to the DnD sets.

Also, has it ever been brought up as to why commons and uniques were packaged in a 1:1 ratio? I know they came in cases of 4, but why not make cases of 6, 2 different uniques and 2 of each of the common squads or something similar. I appologize if this has been brought up before.

Last edited by Nostradouglas; February 6th, 2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Wanted to say more.
Old February 6th, 2012, 11:39 AM

THAT is a good point! Why WERE heroes 1:1 with commons!? That just doesn't make sense. That never dawned on me. It is funny that the heroes of a Wave are more common, than the commons! Logically, the Heroes of each wave should be the rare item and commons should be plentiful. Kinda the point of the things
I don't think they thought that one through very well.

Old February 6th, 2012, 12:03 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

That's the big question that has been brought here many times. How could Hasbro screw up the distribution (the 1:1 common/unique) to that degree?

I don't claim to know the inner workings, and maybe that was the only way they could do it and make it work financially, but it sure seems like there was a better way.

-insert signature here-
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thats how toy companies package most things..with the exception of superheroes figures.

For example....There is usually only 1 or 2 of the villains in a Spiderman or Ironman figure case and the other 10 or 11 are various incarnations of the hero
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

For whatever reason they overprinted wave 8. Its been avaliable since it was released. It started to dry up soon after it came out but a second run was printed and we're still swimming in them.
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
Here is a question that has been bugging me. How many of each set/wave were printed overall? How many Orm's roam the planet? How many Aquilla's Alliance hide in the shadows of closets?

I couldn't even take a wild guess as to how many of each rolled out of the factory. With the amount of Targets, Walmarts and TRUs on the planet getting a good amount of the sets, how many saw a store shelf?

With piles and piles of Wave 1 out there still even being sold but people tripping over themselves to get to Flag Bearers and Aquilla's Alliance, are numbers for Wave one in the tens of thousands and only hundreds for AA and FBs?

What do you think?
There was a time when you couldn't find any Wave 1 anywhere and Romans were going for crazy prices. Then they did a reprint of wave 1 sometime after wave 8 (and I think right before wave 9) but didn't hardly ship any of them to the stores. At that point Target and others had dropped Heroscape and Walmart had their shelves restocked with more Wave 8, then wave 9 without ever getting the Wave 1 in. So all that Wave 1 reprint went to online retailers and FLAGS only. I'm amazed that is is still around, it must have been a rather large order for the reprint.
Old February 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

I'm going to guess it a toss up between wave 1 and wave 5. There was a time in 2007 when all you could find was wave 5. I remember going to Targets, Toys r Us, and Walmarts, and seeing nothing but endless boxes of wave 5. I even went on a trip to Indiana and Ohio that year and wave 5 was still all I could find.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:29 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation

I think the only thing that exposing real sales numbers would do is further bolster the ebay fiends. I think that they kept the numbers up and popularity went down, hence all the extra Wave 5 stuff. Their target audience was kids, and 5 waves in less than 3 years is hard on the wallet, let alone a kid with an allowance. After WotC got in there, there was probably a move towards seeing if the FLGS market could support Heroscape...that's your Aquilla stuff and Wave 9 and above.

Even if we knew such numbers, I'm not sure what we could do with the info...other than shop it to another game company.

My prediction (and yes, I'll check back in five years): Heroscape gets picked up by Fantasy Flight before 2015. The game is just way too good to let sit, and FFG knows it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion