Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 20th, 2021, 04:29 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Black Tom Cassidy - Playtesting

Thanks, he's not done yet though.
Old December 1st, 2021, 12:25 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Black Tom Cassidy
Version Tested
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
Map:
Units:
Army 1 (me) 1,000pts: Black Tom Cassidy 160pts, Juggernaut 340pts, Songbird 180pts, Luke Cage 190pts, Firestar 120pts, Skrull Infiltrator 10pts.
Army 2 (toy) 1,000pts: OG Fantastic Four.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map:
Units:
Army 1 (me) 1,100pts: Black Tom Cassidy 160pts, Juggernaut 340pts, Doctor Octopus (Six) 250pts, Wizard 140pts, Firefly 120pts, Clock King 90pts.
Army 2 (toy) 1,100pts: Professor X 220pts, Jean Grey 180pts, Cyclops 190pts, Iceman 150pts, Angel 90pts, Wolverine (Avengers) 270pts.

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Partners In Crime is the draw, but didn’t see a whole lot of use before one or both of them got taken out, still it’s a strong enough early game start and I feel he got some bad matchups against wounders like Torch and Jean Grey.
Rough And Tumble didn’t see any use because of the powers of those mentioned above and he just wasn’t in the way of any special attacks. I’d like to see it come into play at some point.
Thermokinetic Blast did some damage the second game and would’ve done more if not for bloody Charles! The first game FF were just too packed on Defense.
5 Life, 4 Defense is a nice spot for him, there were two points where having 5 instead of 4 life saved him so I definitely wouldn’t lower it.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I like the class crossover options he opens up, and whether it be Criminal, Outcast, Pirate, Horseman, or whatever none of it feels out of place. I think he played for points the second game and got hammered the first. Overall he’s probably at cost or just over it, in which case we could bump him in some minor way. I’d like to see more tests and see if anyone can cause any more mayhem with this guy.

Quote:
TOYHANDLE’S THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Tom Cassidy Is one of those fun designs that makes brand new teams possible. Hard to think of all the possibilities he opens up. We tested Juggernaut with the Thunderbolts and as a member of Sinister Six. I’m sure there’s some crazy Outcast/Criminal combinations you can use with Black Tom and Magneto (II).
Game 1, he didn’t have any trees/bush to boost his special attack, and the FF didn’t have any special attacks to use on him. He charged out pretty early with Juggernaut and stood a little too close to Juggy, allowing Torch a couple double flame-ons, which ended him and Juggernaut pretty early.
Game 2, he again charged out early, and went down fast. Although I would have liked to see him play, he really put my team in a bad spot, and I couldn’t risk having him around. He was giving the Sinister Six a whole extra turn per round, and there were trees/bush everywhere for him to stand next to, and my closely bunched up mutants were basically always surrounding a tree/bush that could be targeted for his special. He would have done well against the variety of special attacks the Mutants have, but luckily Jean/Wolverine took him down fast.

His stats aren’t too crazy, and costing will probably come down to figuring out if there’s some insane draft that makes his class change way more valuable than 160. Feels pretty where he’s at so far.

edit: Tom's special targeted a tree, and affected Jean, Wolverine, Angel, and put all of them + Xavier at risk of a falling tree. This made me X out the attack, even though it was only 2 or 3 skulls. Didn't want to risk all those wounds, and didn't want Juggernaut to take a turn. This allowed Juggernaut to take a turn on Ock's OM reveal, and go right for a vulnerable Xavier, which is probably where I lost the game. Might have been better off just defending against the special.

Last edited by Splash; December 1st, 2021 at 12:42 AM.
Old December 1st, 2021, 01:25 PM

Quick note after last night.
Looking good so far, I'm thinking it'd be good to see him run with the Outcasts and maybe a game pulling Blob into some Criminal pools for anyone thinking of testing next.
Old December 8th, 2021, 12:14 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: BLACK TOM
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: City Park
Units: Black Tom (160), Blob (165), Grim Reaper (260), Doctor Octopus (215) (800) vs Captain America (240), Winter Soldier (Team Up) (240), Mockingbird (130), Falcon (MCU) (190) (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 8th, 2021, 12:22 AM

Cool, thanks Bats!
I guess there's no major need for any changes, so we're clear for the last PT.
Old December 31st, 2021, 05:01 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Here we go. Two tough losses, but he looked pretty fine in the other PTs. I think he's at 5-4 in games across all PTs.

Quote:

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT : BLACK TOM CASSIDY

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map : SONG OF THE WALRUS (No Glyphs)
Units :
Black Tom Cassidy (160), Demona (270), Multiplex (140), Duploids (100), Final Ruin (10)
= 700

VS.

Cyclops *II* (240), Havok (190), Beast (170), Dazzler (100)
= 700

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map : ISLAND PLANE CRASH (No Glyphs)
Units :
Black Tom Cassidy (160), Magneto II (375), Lex Luthor III (185), Deathstroke I (280)
= 1000

VS.

Wonder Woman *JL* (310), Hawkwoman (260), Green Arrow *JL* (210), Black Canary *JL* (220)
= 1000

Spoiler Alert!

General Thoughts on the Tested Unit : Not the hottest performances for Tom. In a vaccuum I’d say his price could come down by like, 20 points. However, I think both teams didn’t really let Tom shine (wasn’t much grouping for an AoE special attack, didn’t defend any special attacks) so thats on me. Even with an optimal setup, he doesn’t seem like he’d be too scary though. Making a Mutant a Criminal is definitely his biggest strength.

Looking at the other PTs, seems like everyone else thought he felt fine. So my games were probably outliers. Fine with him at 160.
Old December 31st, 2021, 05:05 PM

Awesome! Thanks Fresh!
Old December 31st, 2021, 05:19 PM

Well that's the last test, I'll encourage any further thoughts from anyone, otherwise..
I propose we move to Final Editing at 160 points.
@Arch-vile @Dr. Jekyll @Lord Pyre @LordVenoc @MrNobody @tcglkn
Old December 31st, 2021, 05:34 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Black Tom Cassidy - VOTE for Final Editing

Not sure if taking a turn with Black Tom before the chosen Hero cuts off the chosen Hero's turn.

Quote:
PARTNERS IN CRIME
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Hero in your army that shares a class with Black Tom Cassidy. For the rest of the game, both Black Tom Cassidy and the chosen Hero have the class of Criminal in addition to what is listed on their cards. After revealing an Order Marker on the chosen Hero, before taking a turn with that Hero, you may take a turn with Black Tom Cassidy. If you do, you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control other than the chosen Hero.
I believe you should be able to remove the 4 here and it would read the same.

Quote:
THERMOKINETIC BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. If Black Tom Cassidy is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by this special attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures.
Old December 31st, 2021, 05:41 PM

Thanks Jekyll, I cut the extraneous 4. Will wait for more input on the no additional turns confusion.
Old December 31st, 2021, 05:42 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Thanks Jekyll, I cut the extraneous 4. Will wait for more input on the no additional turns confusion.
Sound logic!
Old December 31st, 2021, 06:30 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library