Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 8th, 2015, 12:15 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker
Mooresville, IN Tournament 6/13/15

It's time for another event at White Flag Games!

This time around, we will be hosting a "Highlander" tournament.
Build a 400 point team with the following guidelines:
-limited to 16 spaces
-no marvel or custom
-you must have one unique hero whose cost is between 75 and 150 points. This hero is your highlander and can only be killed by your opponents highlander or environmental damage (lava, falling, etc). If the highlander is killed by another unit, he immediately re-spawns back in his starting area.

Swiss-style tournament. $5 entry, there will be prizes!!!
1 PM start time on Saturday, June 13th.
Hope to see you all there!!!!
Joe
White Flag Games
410 N Monroe St Suite 26
Mooresville, IN 46158
317-483-3400
www.whiteflaggames.com

I'm just sayin.
Old May 18th, 2015, 03:59 AM

Irish Brigade is surprisingly tart
Re: Mooresville, IN Tournament 6/13/15

MAAAAAAAAN couldn't you make it 430. 4x Macdirks + Alistair. Epic.

Hoping to make this one. What kind of turnout do you usually get for your events?

Approximate Tournament Record to Date:
29-14
Old May 18th, 2015, 11:08 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Here I was thinking I would be seeing you next at GenCon.
Old May 19th, 2015, 11:35 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Brigade View Post
MAAAAAAAAN couldn't you make it 430. 4x Macdirks + Alistair. Epic.

Hoping to make this one. What kind of turnout do you usually get for your events?
I think the last 2 tournaments we had 12-16 players.

I am all in.
Old May 19th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What happens if I destroy the enemy highlander with mine? Do I automatically win?

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:29 PM

You would have to; since no one else on the board could touch you. The only reason I can see for continuing is points. Which, in a tourney setting, is actually a pretty compelling reason. So it could be that the first part of ranking is win loss which would be pretty straight forward. But the second ranking would be points which, depending on the matchup, could get very messed up.

29-14
Old May 19th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My curiosity is piqued, though I am unlikely to make the five hour drive:

Are you only allowed a single hero (your highlander)?
What happens if the highlander dies due to an ability on their card (ex. Eltahale)?

~Aldin, fascinatedly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 19th, 2015, 04:52 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

The match is relatively the same as a normal game of scape, but for this event, the only way to kill the opponents designated highlander is with yours. This is not necessarily an instant win. You only have one highlander on the team. If he is killed by the other teams highlander, you can still win by points (for example, killing their highlander multiple times). If time runs out for the round and you have more points, you win. If all of your guys are eliminated before the time runs out, you lose. I was hoping with this scenario that we could see some new angles of strategy for our beloved game! ��

I'm just sayin.
Old May 19th, 2015, 04:55 PM

Aldin, you can have more than one unique hero, just one designated highlander. The only way they can die is from environmental damage or from the other highlander. Card abilities can't kill the highlander unless it's a card ability on the opponents highlander.

I'm just sayin.
Old May 19th, 2015, 04:56 PM

I can't really speak to this definitely as this is worldsenemy's baby and I don't mean to threadjack, but I would have to say that conceptually, according to the series:

A) A Highlander cannot kill themself as Connor Macleod tried many times. But a Highlander can injure themself. Just can't land the killing blow.
B) A Highlander must be killed in Melee combat due to the fact that their head must "Come away from their shoulders"
C) A Highlander can be injured (But not Killed) by ranged weapons as Zachary Blaine keeps a gun to slow down his enemies.
D) A Highlander must be killed by another Highlander without interference as it is a one on one duel. Therefore it seems to me to be that you can have another hero, but when fighting the other Highlander you cannot receive any buffs from the other heroes as it is a duel.
E) Since this is in the context of a war the other troops in combat can inflict damage to the Highlander but not a death blow (Conor Macleod was shot by a nazi officer, but not killed). Therefore the opposing Highlander must be killed by a melee stroke from the Highlander without buffs.
F) Many Highlanders do possess unnatural skills so you can injure/kill an opposing highlander with a special attack, but again it must be done from an adjacent space as it must be a melee blow.

Addendum: You could also say that a Highlander could kill themself in order to keep a player from "Gaming the System" by doing a power without penalty

Disclaimer: These are just my ideas as I look at it conceptually. In the end you will have to ask worldsenemy. And again, not trying to threadjack, I just really enjoy the Highlander movie and Heroscape...

29-14
Old May 20th, 2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Brigade View Post
I can't really speak to this definitely as this is worldsenemy's baby and I don't mean to threadjack, but I would have to say that conceptually, according to the series:

A) A Highlander cannot kill themself as Connor Macleod tried many times. But a Highlander can injure themself. Just can't land the killing blow.
B) A Highlander must be killed in Melee combat due to the fact that their head must "Come away from their shoulders"
C) A Highlander can be injured (But not Killed) by ranged weapons as Zachary Blaine keeps a gun to slow down his enemies.
D) A Highlander must be killed by another Highlander without interference as it is a one on one duel. Therefore it seems to me to be that you can have another hero, but when fighting the other Highlander you cannot receive any buffs from the other heroes as it is a duel.
E) Since this is in the context of a war the other troops in combat can inflict damage to the Highlander but not a death blow (Conor Macleod was shot by a nazi officer, but not killed). Therefore the opposing Highlander must be killed by a melee stroke from the Highlander without buffs.
F) Many Highlanders do possess unnatural skills so you can injure/kill an opposing highlander with a special attack, but again it must be done from an adjacent space as it must be a melee blow.

Addendum: You could also say that a Highlander could kill themself in order to keep a player from "Gaming the System" by doing a power without penalty

Disclaimer: These are just my ideas as I look at it conceptually. In the end you will have to ask worldsenemy. And again, not trying to threadjack, I just really enjoy the Highlander movie and Heroscape...
I apparently should've consulted the expert! LOL!

I think we will keep the rules basic so as not to confuse. See my above post. Some additional clarification to the above, the highlander can be killed by ranged, melee, and/or special attack from other highlander. If a highlander wounds himself to the point of death aregardless of wether the other highlander landed a hit, the highlander will respawn in their starting area with fresh health, however, the opponent still gains the points for the kill as if a non-highlander killed it. This way, if someone is trying to scam the system, they will lose points to their opponent for doing so.

I'm just sayin.
Old May 20th, 2015, 03:26 PM

Good Point. I was actually typing up my longwinded reply while you posted yours so I didn't see it. Simpler is usually better. I think this is a great take on the Heroscape theme.

29-14

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events