Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 10th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker
My 2 Armies- Critique appriciated

I'd much appriciate critique on these armies, because they both destroyed in a casual game.

Utgar Horde-
Stingers 2x- 120
Hive- 280
Torin- 400
Raelin- 480
Ne-Gok-Sa- 570
Marro Warriors- 620
--------------
(Note: I only own 1 MS2, otherwise bye-bye Ne-Gok-Sa, and I'd use Stingers 3x)
Torrin is surrounded by stingers and warriors, who are almost never shot at, because Raelin gives them 5 defence. She also gives the hive 4 defence. The warriors and Ne-Gok-Sa march foreword if nesesary to block opponent's troops from hurting the hive.
(Note#2 this is an odd point total, so in a tournament it would work best w/out Ne-Gok-Sa and he Warriors, but with stingers 4x. It's then 600 points)

Hydra On A Leash
Hydra 3x- 360
Wyvern- 460
Kelda- 560
-----------
(Note: If you don't have enogh hydras model magic proxies work well )
Hydras attack, Wyverns move figures 1 space away from Hydras, who basically are forced to move with the wyvern (thus the "leash"). Kelda heals everybody.

Oh, also, just for fun:
Zombies 8x- 480
-----------
I'm guessing this has been thought of before, but how well does it work? Anybody know from expirience?

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:45 AM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: My 2 Armies- Critique appriciated

the zombie horde works very well. my cousin uses it all the time
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:56 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
I'd much appriciate critique on these armies, because they both destroyed in a casual game.

Utgar Horde-
Stingers 2x- 120
Hive- 280
Torin- 400
Raelin- 480
Ne-Gok-Sa- 570
Marro Warriors- 620
--------------
(Note: I only own 1 MS2, otherwise bye-bye Ne-Gok-Sa, and I'd use Stingers 3x)
Torrin is surrounded by stingers and warriors, who are almost never shot at, because Raelin gives them 5 defence. She also gives the hive 4 defence. The warriors and Ne-Gok-Sa march foreword if nesesary to block opponent's troops from hurting the hive.
(Note#2 this is an odd point total, so in a tournament it would work best w/out Ne-Gok-Sa and he Warriors, but with stingers 4x. It's then 600 points)

Hydra On A Leash
Hydra 3x- 360
Wyvern- 460
Kelda- 560
-----------
(Note: If you don't have enogh hydras model magic proxies work well )
Hydras attack, Wyverns move figures 1 space away from Hydras, who basically are forced to move with the wyvern (thus the "leash"). Kelda heals everybody.

Oh, also, just for fun:
Zombies 8x- 480
-----------
I'm guessing this has been thought of before, but how well does it work? Anybody know from expirience?
I really like Hydra x 2 armies.

240 Hydra x 2
80 Kelda
80 Raelin
100 KMA
500 points
or replace Q9 for Raelin and KMA.

I like the idea of Hydra x 3, but I wouldn't go with the Wyvern. I hate to be boring, but for 100 points, I would much prefer the KMA to the Wyvern in this army. To keep this at 500 points, put in Marro Warriors/Isamu, rats/Marcu, or Zetacron.
360 Hydra x 3
80 Kelda
50 Marro Warriors
10 Isamu
500 points
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:30 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

In your first army, the Marro Hive is doing absolutely nothing except wasting 160 Points. For it to earn its Points back, you would have to rebirth 8 Stingers. That isn't going to happen, especially when you only have 2 squads of them. If you want to play Stingers, get rid of the Hive and take 2 more squads of them (borrow them) or add Su-Bak-Na or Major Q10 or something. I like the 2x extra Stingers though, since Torin can protect them. You also save 40 Points.

In the second army, I don't really think the Wyvern is the best choice. It's a lot harder than you think to go get figures and carry them around. I'd replace the Wyvern with something else. Ornak comes to mind as a possibility, allowing you to activate 2 Hydras on the first turn of each round.

For the third army, the Zombie horde probably works pretty well, but I like Krav+Raelin+Zombies x5 a lot better. The Zombies need some range to pull in the enemy, and also some extra staying power once they reach the front lines, so that you can move up Zombies from the back and attack with the ones in the front. That has Raelin+Krav written all over it.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Actually, in my game, I used the stingers to engage to block the hive, so it rebirthed about a dozen...

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:56 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Actually, in my game, I used the stingers to engage to block the hive, so it rebirthed about a dozen...
Really? That's twice your total force of Stingers. Seems unlikely, unless you're facing one-attack heroes.
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:29 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

He did say casual games. Around here when I play casual games, I usualy play against single attack heroes. 12 rebirths would take a lot if luck to do though. I have been lucky before so I believe it.
Old April 11th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've found the hive to be very effective with stingers. I do agree to use Su-Bak-Na with the hive though. Not only does it increase odds of rebirthing, it makes stinger drain an actual useable skill. Though you still only would want to use it if the defender gets more dice than you.
I played stingerx3, SBN, and Hive in my first NHSD tourny and took 3rd place with a 4-1 record. To top that my one loss was the only game that was over on time and could of gone either way, all the others I won by complete elimination
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:24 AM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Utgar Horde-
Stingers 2x- 120
Hive- 280
Torin- 400
Raelin- 480
Ne-Gok-Sa- 570
Marro Warriors- 620
As others have said, I'm not sure of the value of the Hive in this match. An astue opponent should kill Raelin first (she gets no bonus from Torin), then there is less to fear from the counterstrike. As well, I've found "marching them forward" only works if your opponent lets you. There is not bonding, so you have to move Stingers. Then Torin. Then Raeling. Lot's of OM's used just to keep the pod together. Your opponent should send out a kamikaze force to kill the first set of troops you advance, then your pod is broken. As well, dodging around the pod to take the Hive is a good strategy.

This does not appear to be a dominating army. And it will depend on what you are facing. Special Ranged Attacks would hurt as there is no counterstrike (I'm waiting for the Roman Archers to come to the fore again, especially with Torin around).

Quote:
Hydra On A Leash
Hydra 3x- 360
Wyvern- 460
Kelda- 560
I only played the Hydra once, and he was so feared he died by the end of the first turn. You will have some OM issues with this army. But it looks interesting. I don't think it would do well against a ranged squad-based army. But it looks like fun.

Quote:
Zombies 8x- 480
BRAIINNSSS. Zombies are slow to move. But lot's of them move. All Zombie armies are not particularly strategic - so if you enjoy the planning part of the game - they're not a lot of fun. But they are fun once, cause you get to say BRAAINNNS a lot.

For competition, as others have said, add some ranged troops to force the enemy to come to you.

BRRAIIIINNSSS
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
In your first army, the Marro Hive is doing absolutely nothing except wasting 160 Points. For it to earn its Points back, you would have to rebirth 8 Stingers. That isn't going to happen, especially when you only have 2 squads of them. If you want to play Stingers, get rid of the Hive and take 2 more squads of them (borrow them) or add Su-Bak-Na or Major Q10 or something. I like the 2x extra Stingers though, since Torin can protect them. You also save 40 Points.
Me, being a self-proclaimed marro fan, I think you should go with
3x drones 150
2x stingers 270
De Hive 430
Torin 550
Ray Ray 630
I know it's ten over just let your oppent have isuma, but it will be more effective. Use the drones like a melee screen and if, nesscary, swarm your foes' defenses. Then, move torin into postition then move up the stingers adjecent to torin, all the while reviving stingers/drones. A fun half-competive army.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion