Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 8th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
The Sad State of Our Society

I know that this is a repetitive refrain, but "What is going on in our country?"

http://www.wftv.com/news/15817394/detail.html

How did we devolve to the point where the parent's response is:

"They weren't really involved, I don't know. I'm just overwhelmed by all of it. I don't know why the girls have them involved," said Debbie Shumaker, Stephen's mother.

and not:

"I am so gonna whip his @$$ when he gets home."

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old April 8th, 2008, 12:58 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Because everyones problems are always someone elses fault.

Old April 8th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Sadly this kind of thing happens more often than we'd think. I remember some hazing incidents that were pretty brutal that got caught on video.

If my kid was involved in that crap, I'd be afraid of what I'd do to them.

Parents really need to pay attention to what their kids are doing and who they hang out with. It's not easy and you may not be their buddy (no pun intended), but at least they'd have a better chance of never getting involved in an incident like this one.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Man...

people are stupid.

"Let's commit violent crimes and record them! What could possibly go wrong?"
Old April 8th, 2008, 03:09 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
I blame television for constantly dumbing down and softening our society with hip-hop culture and liberal politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old April 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
I blame television for constantly dumbing down and softening our society with hip-hop culture and liberal politics.
What about video games? Surely we can blame them somehow.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 8th, 2008, 03:48 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
What about video games? Surely we can blame them somehow.
Wile there are a lot of things in video games and role playing games that detract from society, there are several things in them that make the player a better person. Because society today is so dangerous (a child raper around every corner) our children can't go out and learn from the world. Video games can simulate some of the experiences needed in order to function in a normal society. All in all, I would rate video games as having a neutral impact on our society.

I long for the days when I could safely walk downtown to the grocery store when I was five because I wanted a pack of gum. These days, that's risky even for a strong and healthy man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old April 8th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Sad State of Our Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee
I thought you don't hit your kids there? Are parents allowed? Or is that just limited to a verbal reaction?

Anyways, they should have been properly whooped when they were young. Cut down their "I can get away with anything" horns.

That's some sad news man.

Old April 8th, 2008, 04:21 PM

Re: The Sad State of Our Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee
I thought you don't hit your kids there? Are parents allowed? Or is that just limited to a verbal reaction?

That's some sad news man.
Parents are always allowed to hit their children, regardless of what the law dictates. In fact, they should be encouraged to hit their children. The fathers of this once-great nation we call the United States of America were all hit as children. They turned out fine, nay, they turned out more than fine.

I also long for the days when a parent would carry their three year old out to the car, from the diner for throwing a tantrum and crying about not getting to eat ice cream for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old April 8th, 2008, 04:58 PM

John Smith has disabled reputation
Maybe the age for jail time should be lowered to 15 or so. Maybe these girls should never be allowed to go to college due to their stupidity. Maybe they should be sent overseas or out of state away from their friends and family doing volunteer work and see how the real world operates.

Anyone ever see Idiocracy? Good movie that shows where our society is headed...

"It'll hurt if i do"
Old April 8th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Cane 'em

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 8th, 2008, 06:24 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
Maybe the age for jail time should be lowered to 15 or so. Maybe these girls should never be allowed to go to college due to their stupidity. Maybe they should be sent overseas or out of state away from their friends and family doing volunteer work and see how the real world operates.

Anyone ever see Idiocracy? Good movie that shows where our society is headed...
The problem with taking away education though is that they're even more likely to commit more crimes (progressively worse) with out it.

IMO, get rid of the whole "cruel and unusual punishment" BS, you commit the crime you have it come back at you.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General