Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 2nd, 2019, 04:50 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Ultron Drones - Public Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Movie set.
Its model number and name are #007 / Ultron Sentry.
While we are waiting for tests, does anyone have this figure to take photos for me?
Old October 2nd, 2019, 08:25 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Movie set.
Its model number and name are #007 / Ultron Sentry.
While we are waiting for tests, does anyone have this figure to take photos for me?
No, but I'm placing an order soon, I'll throw some generic Ultrons in there.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 09:00 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Cool would hate to have this held up by a lack of photos.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 09:55 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I have the real old Ultron figure. It’s a good looking figure for drones in my opinion, if you need a backup.
Old October 5th, 2019, 02:08 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I've built my armies, now just need to choose a map and delve in. Built 2 larger point value games, 1 with Ultron, and with Brainiac 13 and mad Thinker to see how they fair in each.
Old October 5th, 2019, 03:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

Awesome, looking forward to the results of those.
Old October 6th, 2019, 08:10 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Ultron (Drones)

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 90-100
- Give a brief overview. This was a pretty back and forth game. The one time Program Transmission got used I rolled a 1. I started this match by using Gizmo and the Constructs to tie down the other team. Then once they started falling like flies I sent in 2 Drones who stemmed the tide some and when the fell I sent Ultron and a single Drone at a time in using gizmo to heal the drones and Ultron and respawn Constructs and deal auto wounds. It seemed pretty effective and like Ultron might turn things around right up until Raiden entered the game and stole the win in a few short rounds.
Map: Road Rampage
Units: 4xDrones, 4xConstructs, Gizmo, Ultron (1400) Vs Iron Patriot, Commander Rogers, Baron Helmut, Hawkeye II, Weather, Raiden (1400)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 100
- Give a brief overview. This was an intense match. First it was solidly in the favor of Brainiac and his allies, then Cloak absorbed Brainiac into the Dimension of Shadows and the tide began to turn towards the other side but then Brainiac fell. The heroes managed to give him enough wounds to fall but Brainiac replaced a drone and then slowly whittled down the opponent’s team for the win.
Map: Road Rampage
Units: 2xDrones, Mad Thinker, Brainiac 13, Angel (1200) Vs Daredevil I, Cloak, Dagger, Shang-Chi, Conan, Black Widow (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: After my first test, I was feeling like they could come down slightly, but after the second game I feel like they really earned their points. I liked them

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: They are fun, and I liked playing them front and center, but I do see how leaving them in the rear and sending Ultron out to play by himself would be the more competitive play. It does concern me a little that it is a lot easier for Brainiac to use them as a replacement than it is for Ultron to do so. I think a lot of that is that Brainiac’s is a reactionary thing and Ultron’s is an active choice. Also Brainiac’s roll is significantly lower for just 70 points more, plus Brainiac gets a huge discount on it by nature of the Drones being Androids. I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing the Ultron imperative roll going back up.
Old October 7th, 2019, 10:36 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

The problem with the transmission bonus with them is that it encourages them to hide. It's the bonus isn't HUGE, I'm still trying to transmit to an opponent's character for the auto-kill.

Personally I'm not worried about the Brainiac thing. They have other synergy with Ultron to make them good drafts with him!
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Tickle Pickle

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Ultron Drones

Army Test
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: 9x Ultron Drone and Ultron (1580) vs Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Thing, Jocasta and Silver Sulfer (1580)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Brainiac 13, Ultron Drones x4 and Forge (1320) vs Green Lanterns: Hal, Guy, John and Kilowog (1320)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: They felt pretty good at 100 points. Brainiac dominated the second game, but any random Android would have done the same thing the Drones did there.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: They were pretty fun. I was a bit concerned when I played 9 of them in the first match and kept one in the SZ the whole game and placed all the OMs on that card, but for Ultron to use his Program Transmission he needs OMs too so you still have to balance that out.

Last edited by tcglkn; October 10th, 2019 at 02:20 AM.
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Tickle Pickle

This is where I am thinking of starting them for testing. It's been a while so any feedback on my army choices would be appreciated.
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Seems solid. They'll be longer games at those point totals, but since we're testing an uncommon addition to event heroes it makes sense here to go a little bigger and push the boundaries a bit. Have fun!
Old October 9th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Those look pretty good. I did like using them with Gizmo and his Constructs though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library