Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old September 28th, 2019, 07:44 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dilmir: A Tale of Feylund

Keeping up, although I continue to bounce back and forth between my hedged bets on where the story's going. Right now I think the Dark Elves are clearly not evil at this point, but I still think Eltuthar is gonna turn out to be bad. The council--however antagonistic towards our hero--doesn't have enough named characters to house a main villain right now. If age = power in this universe, Eltuthar's gonna be pretty darned strong if he gets his limiter removed. And then he'll turn out to be an a-hole or something.

Also there's a weird typo in Ch. 19:
Quote:
In just four days, he had begun drawing all attention back to himself2036, until he had nearly killed Aldir.
Perhaps it's a skim-check to see if the reader's really reading

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 28th, 2019, 09:00 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Keeping up, although I continue to bounce back and forth between my hedged bets on where the story's going. Right now I think the Dark Elves are clearly not evil at this point, but I still think Eltuthar is gonna turn out to be bad. The council--however antagonistic towards our hero--doesn't have enough named characters to house a main villain right now. If age = power in this universe, Eltuthar's gonna be pretty darned strong if he gets his limiter removed. And then he'll turn out to be an a-hole or something.

Also there's a weird typo in Ch. 19:
Quote:
In just four days, he had begun drawing all attention back to himself2036, until he had nearly killed Aldir.
Perhaps it's a skim-check to see if the reader's really reading

~TAF
Pretty strange. It was in the Word document too. Fixed now, thanks.

As for the rest of it:

~TGRF.
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:47 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Chapter Twenty-Four - Assault on the Mountain is now live! I'll leave you to fill in an appropriate one-liner.

~TGRF.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:09 PM

Chapter Twenty-Five - Through Flame and Spell is now live!

~TGRF.
Old October 1st, 2019, 04:16 PM

Chapter Twenty-Six - The Teachings of Eltuthar is now live! The climax will arrive tomorrow!

~TGRF.
Old October 1st, 2019, 06:10 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't remember from my first reading what you ended up doing with Eltuthar but I always felt he was pretty sympathetic.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 2nd, 2019, 03:43 PM

Chapter Thirty-Seven - Plots in Eld'rin is now live! The tale of Dilmir and Eltuthar comes a close. Following are two short chapters, wrapping things up. Through a Tangle of Roots and the Epilogue conclude Dilmir's adventures.

Be sure to let me know your thoughts on the story as a whole!

~TGRF.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 04:30 PM

For a long time, the tale of Dilmir looked a lot different than the version I've presented. Dilmir was a character from LBV, the fan fiction directly following the Quest for Valhalla. There, Dilmir was introduced as just another character who joined Dan on his quest to ultimately defeat Utgar. The introduction for Dilmir, which, following the pattern of LBV, took place on his home world of Feylund, caught my interest though. Hence this fan fiction.

Because of Dilmir's origins, the tale originally included a trip to Valhalla. I did try to write it several times, but eventually had to concede that Valhalla really had nothing to do with the tale. As far as I can tell from my ancient records though, this was the general sequence of events on Valhalla (spoilers for LBV):
Spoiler Alert!

The rest of the story followed the same general lines as this version, except for the end. For a long time, from the very beginning, I had a really strange ending in my head. Only when I got close to writing it, did I begin to realize that it didn't make any sense compared to the rest of the story. However, I'll relate it here. Mainly because TAF called it. So if you hate it, blame him. (Spoilers for this tale)
Spoiler Alert!

So that was the how the original tale of Dilmir went, which I have never before shared. Do you think the changes I made were good ones? Why or why not? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

~TGRF.

P.S. Also, concerning Astia, for a very long time, I had in my head a scene for a fan fiction, or maybe just a contest entry. (spoilers for LBV)
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 2nd, 2019, 07:35 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend
The rest of the story followed the same general lines as this version, except for the end. For a long time, from the very beginning, I had a really strange ending in my head. Only when I got close to writing it, did I begin to realize that it didn't make any sense compared to the rest of the story. However, I'll relate it here. Mainly because TAF called it. So if you hate it, blame him.
Hey; don't blame me! I do prefer the changes we got, although it's interesting to think how easily the story could've gone with Alfimir being good and Eltuthar being evil as opposed to vise versa.

Anyhow, another few chapters read and I'm all caught up, although there seems to be 10+ chapters missing between Chapter 26 and Chapter 37. Oh well. Here are my thoughts:

Spoiler Alert!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 2nd, 2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend
The rest of the story followed the same general lines as this version, except for the end. For a long time, from the very beginning, I had a really strange ending in my head. Only when I got close to writing it, did I begin to realize that it didn't make any sense compared to the rest of the story. However, I'll relate it here. Mainly because TAF called it. So if you hate it, blame him.
Hey; don't blame me! I do prefer the changes we got, although it's interesting to think how easily the story could've gone with Alfimir being good and Eltuthar being evil as opposed to vise versa.

Anyhow, another few chapters read and I'm all caught up, although there seems to be 10+ chapters missing between Chapter 26 and Chapter 37. Oh well. Here are my thoughts:

Spoiler Alert!

~TAF
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.

Last edited by Dysole; July 10th, 2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old January 17th, 2022, 03:02 PM

I was recently possessed by a desire to reread the sequels to Dilmir, just to double-check the theme and see if there was any chance of reposting. The answer is that the sequels still probably won't be posted. The only way they would be reposted is either after heavy revisions, or a total rewrite. Neither of which I will say are out of the realm of possibility, though both are currently unlikely.

However, both of the sequels relied on a map - my interpretation of the world of Feylund. Like the map of Eld'rin for this story, that map was hand-drawn, and re-reading the first sequel, it occurred to me how easy it would be to recreate it in Wonderdraft - the software I use to make maps these days. So I took a morning and did that, and am quite pleased with the way it turned out. So here it is:

~TGRF.
Old January 17th, 2022, 11:13 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yay! I love maps

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction