Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 11th, 2016, 04:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Cheshire

The Book of Cheshire

C3G DC WAVE 26
WOMEN OF WONDER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Unleashed set.
Its model number and name are #031-033 / Cheshire.
Its model number and name are #211 / Jade.

Character Bio - Cheshire is often recognized as one of the world's greatest and most ruthless assassins and an enemy of the Teen Titans, often working as a deadly international terrorist. Her skills include mastery over physical combat, various weaponry, and she is an expert on exotic poisons. In the past she has had multiple romantic relationships and given birth to two children with different fathers, Lian Harper with Arsenal and Thomas Blake, Jr. with Catman. She has been a member of the Ravens, Tartarus, Injustice League, the Secret Six and Titans Villains for Hire.

Cheshire was created by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez,

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:15 PM. Reason: png
Old October 11th, 2016, 04:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Cheshire - Breathing Period

NAME = CHESHIRE

SECRET IDENTITY = JADE NGUYEN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

RUTHLESS SEDUCTION 13
If an opponent's figure engaged with Cheshire targets any figure for an attack and Cheshire is not engaged with any other figures, you may roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 3 from your roll if that figure has the Valiant personality. If you roll 13 or higher, either inflict one unblockable wound on that figure or, if that figure is a Unique Hero, immediately end that figure's turn.

POISON TIPPED CLAWS 13

After attacking a Unique Hero with Cheshire's normal attack, if Cheshire rolled at least 1 skull, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the defending figure immediately receives one wound. Androids, Constructs, and Undead are not affected by Poison Tipped Claws. You may roll for Poison Tipped Claws even if Cheshire is destroyed in the attack.

STEALTH DODGE
When Cheshire rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; April 19th, 2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Updated R.S with Ronins wording.
Old October 11th, 2016, 04:28 PM
A Man of Taste

comic
Spoiler Alert!

Mini
Spoiler Alert!

Background
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by japes; April 16th, 2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old October 11th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, she's got a lot of chances to autowound, and she's also going to be a lot harder to kill than most 4/4 figures, but a lot of her potential relies on the D20, so I don't think anything is too strong right now. I like the design overall.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old October 11th, 2016, 10:12 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Well, she's got a lot of chances to autowound, and she's also going to be a lot harder to kill than most 4/4 figures, but a lot of her potential relies on the D20, so I don't think anything is too strong right now. I like the design overall.
She has two D20 powers that can be tweaked to keep her under control. It's part of the reason I asked the question that may have been overlooked so I will copy here...

Is deadly poison a reuse power and if not should we add a number to it...Deadly Poison 13 or such?

Old October 11th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh, yeah, I'd add a number on that.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old October 12th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

As far as I know, Deadly Poisons is not a reused power. I would add a number on to the end of both that one and Ruthless Seduction though.

Also, Ruthless Seduction isn't very clear right now. I'm assuming the intent is that it only triggers if she is only engaged to the moving figure (or in other words, was unengaged until that figure moved next to her), but I think it could easily be misread. It should also have the "may only be targeted" line like other Engagement Strike type powers have. So something like:

Quote:
If an opponent's figure moves adjacent to Cheshire and she is not engaged to any other figures, you may roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 5 from your roll if that figure has the Valiant personality. If you roll 13 or higher, that figure receives one wound and its turn immediately ends. Figures may be targeted only as they move into engagement with Cheshire.
That said, you could also go more the Pheromone Distraction route with the wound tossed in, which I think would be a little cleaner.

Deadly Poisons is perfect.

Not a huge fan of Combat Agility personally, since it really just makes her a four power card with two powers combined into one (which is something we've certainly done in the past but I prefer we avoid when we can). And with only 4 life and no disengage or range, I just don't see her getting much use out of the "attack while moving" bit. I think you could cut it back down to basic old Stealth Dodge and have a very nice design.

My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 12th, 2016, 02:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post

Not a huge fan of Combat Agility personally, since it really just makes her a four power card with two powers combined into one (which is something we've certainly done in the past but I prefer we avoid when we can). And with only 4 life and no disengage or range, I just don't see her getting much use out of the "attack while moving" bit. I think you could cut it back down to basic old Stealth Dodge and have a very nice design.

My .
Good point. When I saw the power I immediately started thinking about a ranged attack figure that it could work for. It can also work for a melee figure but without disengage you are hoping for a kill shot if you want to continue moving.
Old October 12th, 2016, 03:33 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
As far as I know, Deadly Poisons is not a reused power. I would add a number on to the end of both that one and Ruthless Seduction though.

Also, Ruthless Seduction isn't very clear right now. I'm assuming the intent is that it only triggers if she is only engaged to the moving figure (or in other words, was unengaged until that figure moved next to her), but I think it could easily be misread. It should also have the "may only be targeted" line like other Engagement Strike type powers have. So something like:

Quote:
If an opponent's figure moves adjacent to Cheshire and she is not engaged to any other figures, you may roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 5 from your roll if that figure has the Valiant personality. If you roll 13 or higher, that figure receives one wound and its turn immediately ends. Figures may be targeted only as they move into engagement with Cheshire.
That said, you could also go more the Pheromone Distraction route with the wound tossed in, which I think would be a little cleaner.

Deadly Poisons is perfect.

My .
I'm fine with what you have above for the Seduction power.

As to the third power. Yeah disengage was an oversight but adding that in would make it a three power card and might as well go back to one of the Acrobat powers...

ACROBATIC MOVEMENT
Cheshire never takes falling damage and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After rolling attack dice for a normal attack or after rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Cheshire one space up to 6 levels up or down.

This is the least abusive version for her as she would still take damage but she can leap away to set up another Seduction strike after attacking or defending.

ACROBATIC MANEUVER
When Cheshire rolls defense dice against an opponent's attack, one shield will block all damage. For each shield rolled, you may immediately move Cheshire one space up to 6 levels up or down. When Cheshire moves using Acrobatic Maneuver, she will not take any falling damage or leaving engagement attacks.

This one could be more annoying. While it does only triggers on Defense and with no Range it means that if she wants to use Seduction she won't be able to attack on the next turn and will have to wait to be attacked. It does mean however that if you do avoid the Seduction swipe and attack her and she blocks you and moves away you have to risk Seduction again on the next turn.

I prefer Acrobatic Movement and that is the direction I favor. I know there was a discussion about the annoyance of the acrobat powers but since I went back and reviewed it seems like the person that was the most outspoken on the subject actually didn't have an issue with it on Cheshire so unless there is a reason that convinces me, after the breathing period I intend to change the third power to Acrobatic Movement. She loses the range help but if needed her Defense can be increased.

Old October 12th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the combo of Ruthless Seduction and Stealth Dodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 13th, 2016, 10:19 PM
A Man of Taste

Dang it...you make a good point. Too hard to hit from Range but risk the Seduction when you come in. The only issue is that once you are in or get two figures next to her she's going to go down pretty quickly.

Old October 14th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Not really a fan of giving her Acrobatic Maneuver. I'd be fine with Acrobatic Movement, but Stealth Dodge is still my favorite pick.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library