The south will rise again!! 1 12.50%
We need a neutral ground in the center. 4 50.00%
mmm... How abaout this Game Room in Bricktown. 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 31st, 2007, 09:18 PM

sjscaper is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
NJ Tourney in August

Welcome to this months installment of:

Why can't we ever get a common place to play that won't make one of us spend half the day getting there. :P

Ah well, sometimes the trip is half the fun. Anyway:
Quote:
All ~ This thread now has five pages of banter interspersed among the pertinent information -- Therfore: Is it time to begin a NEW thread to discuss the NEXT event (as to where and when, etc.)??? And also, are there any new ideas as to where & when??? The Game Room Store in Bricktown said we could use there tables on Sat or Sun (and there's a Pizza Place right across the street), but during August all of you who are NOT familiar with the area are going to discover what REAL weekend shore traffic is like and why we local-yokels hate the Bennies.
Shall we travel north this time? If we do get together this month, anything but the third weekend for me.

Old July 31st, 2007, 09:47 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Alright I get my liscence on August 24th, pending my mom's approval I may be able to go if it is later than that. With that said I am in Morris County, so a North Jersey tournament would be much better.

Old August 1st, 2007, 08:06 AM

jesse10581 has disabled reputation
Hi, HiHiHi...., I think after Aug 24 might work just fine. I know that I can't do the 18th because of my brothers bday. I voted for central jersey because of course I would prefer not to have to drive too far, but if it does end up being in north jersey, I'm still in.

If you don't pay up, pizza's gonna send out for YOU!
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:07 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
SJscaper ~ THANKS for starting this new thread and for including a Poll to gather some useful feedback.

Jesse## ~ I'm with you in that, I voted for a "Central 'Neutral' (hehe) Site" but I am willing to go either way North, South, West, even East maybe ONCE a month or so, as long as it's NOT *too* far, considering the cost of gas and necessary tolls, etc. Also: I hope you are getting your brother a HeroScape MS for his B-day.

Hi1x4 ~ Morris County, huh!? That's WAY up there. I've got friends in Dennville and my wife's cousin, whom we visit occassionally lives at Lake Hopatcong. Are you anywhere near either of those locations?

All (& all y'all down south jersey) ~ C'ya. ~ John G.
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:58 PM

So far sounds like the center of the state. Wherever we end up, if we do this after I should have an exclusive to put on the table for the tourney winner. Is there anyone living close to the center of the state that knows of a good place to game?

Old August 1st, 2007, 01:47 PM

Since FLGS'es usually don't evencarry HS because they can't make any profit and therefore won't encourage it's continuance for their own ecconomic survival, I was wondering IF just maybe one of the Big-Box stores would let us set up tables and terrain maps for our unofficial tournaments, because it would serve as a Demo and Attention Getter for their customers??? I know that my local K-Marts(4), Wal-Marts(3), and Targets(2) are VERY congested with merchandise everywhere...BUT my Toys-R-Us's(x4: Eatontown, Hazlet, Freehold, & East Brunswick) have some usuable space near the front, and they may be more accomodating anyway because they specialize in kids stuff like this board game. What does everyone else think about playing inside a big store instead of a smaller hobby shop?
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That's cool with me. I talked to my mom and she was fine with me going to a New Jersey tournament, thought it was a great idea. She even said that if it was held in South Jersey I could possibly go. That said I am away for 10 days starting next Saturday, so couldn't make a tournament then. Anytime after that in August would be cool.

Johngee - I'm in Randolph, it's not to far from Denville. We go to the Denville Dairy all the time for ice cream, good stuff. :P

Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:08 AM

Azalyth has disabled reputation
Hey guys, glad to see we got another Jersey tournament in the works and a central Jersey location would be great and I think fair for everyone (even though I voted for The Game Room, that's just fair for me and two others, but I digress, lol).

So the weekends in August have kinda filled up on me, but regardless, I will make an effort to go to this one, whenever or wherever it may be. Happy Scaping everyone.

~A

"Spring follows winter"
-Elvish expression meaning "all things pass"
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
We go to the Denville Dairy all the time for ice cream, good stuff. :P
That sounds like a GREAT place to hold the next tourney during these dog-gone, dazed-dog, dog-days of a Jersey summer. Do they have a couple tables that we can borrow for a day (all day) to set up our terrain models and game on? ~LOL<jj;-G
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:27 AM

Currently looking for central Jersey locations (new brunswick and surrounding). Haven't found anything yet.

Old August 4th, 2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
We go to the Denville Dairy all the time for ice cream, good stuff. :P
That sounds like a GREAT place to hold the next tourney during these dog-gone, dazed-dog, dog-days of a Jersey summer. Do they have a couple tables that we can borrow for a day (all day) to set up our terrain models and game on? ~LOL<jj;-G
I don't think so, its a very small ice cream shop and it gets so crowded that they one of those take a number systems in place.
Old August 6th, 2007, 02:54 PM

hix4 ~
I've got two Ice Cream shops within walking distance from my house: #1 is nice and clean, brightly lighted, and well A/C'ed, but they only have these little tiny round tables about 18" in diameter, NOT suited to a HS terrain, unless we went straight up with a spiral staircase around a tower; #2. does NOT even let customers inside, yet there is always a lot people standing in long lines to place their orders at the two windows, they do have a couple of those old wooden picnic tables outside on the lawn which are big enough for a HS game, but the throng of onlookers might be very distracting and we'd be vulnerable to changing weather conditions.

Y'all ~
This may seem a bit off-topic ("Finding a suitable site in Central Jersey for our next unofficial tournament") . . . BUT, this banter is intended as a Mind-Storming session. Hopefully my random thoughts will spark a fresh idea in someone else, which when shared can be embellished and/or modified until we have a workable sollution. BTW: I am NOT against having you guys over to my house some time for a day's worth of gaming, but the Beach & Race Track traffic congestion around GSP Exit #105 on August weekends is so horrendous I don't want to put you through it; AND then September is NOT good for me because of a couple of birthdays and a planned vacation trip to Arizona. Soooo, F.Y.I. -- I am considering hosting an event in early October. ~JJG

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events