Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 13th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Mister Sinister - Design Phase

Well we'd be introducing "last name" as an official term. I guess that's pretty universally understood, though ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 13th, 2014, 10:45 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I haven't seen the 1st power before and it is super scary if he lasts long enough. (Test him with Jocasta & Bizarro.)
Yeah, he's built to last too. The intent is to be a bit super scary, though. It's why it requires so much to make it happen (fairly high D20 rolls and lots of placement - and placing smaller numbers first!).

If it ends up being too rough, we can always bump the markers down to like 6 (1-6) instead.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 13th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

He's interesting, that's for sure. Definitely treading new ground - not any more than some marker designs we've done, though. And the language is so well done that it just FEELS official.

Could go either way on the second power.
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Choose wisely. You could use the first four markers to take over a figure and get it with Range 1, Move 4, Attack 3, and Defense 2, or play the odds that Mister Sinister (and the affected figure) will survive long enough to take over that figure with Move 6, Range 5, Attack 8, and Defense 7, but understand that the figure gets to use those modified numbers until it is taken over.

And you have to sacrifice your attack to even attempt it.
14+ for a mutant (35%^4=1.5% chance you get the four numbers replaced on the first attempt for each)
16+ for a non-mutant (25%^4 < 0.4% chance you get the four numbers replaced on the first attempt for each)

Lots of ways to counter it (move away, throw, destroy your figure before the 4th marker placed, etc.)

Or you could boost your own figures' numbers.....

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

For the mini, are you thinking Ultimates 090 or Chaos War 047 (minus the DNA tank)?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:21 AM

Yeah, he definitely brings about a lot of interesting strategies! I think the best way to use him as currently constructed might be to use the 1 and 2 to nerf enemy cards, then use the rest to build yourself a monster (either on your own side or an enemy you'll take over).

That said, I think being able to so easily put Superman's attack or defense down to 1 is probably too powerful. So I think I want to limit this to six markers from the get-go and go with 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. I'm less worried about building the mega-powerful unit, because it takes too long. It's the one roll stat nerf for a heavy hitter that will break this guy.

I also need to get some language in the power (I realized last night) to stop you from stacking markers on markers. I think it works better if you're forced to alter a stat that hasn't been altered before (as this should keep any mega-powerful units somewhat in check, since one or two of their stats won't be all that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
For the mini, are you thinking Ultimates 090 or Chaos War 047 (minus the DNA tank)?
Definitely Ultimates 090, since I have that one and can take a picture when I'm back in NY. Thanks for the reminder. Hadn't gotten to that part yet!

Old January 14th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you don't want to nerf Superman and other non-Mutants, you could up the roll needed and increase the bonus for Mutants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 14th, 2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
If you don't want to nerf Superman and other non-Mutants, you could up the roll needed and increase the bonus for Mutants.
Yeah, I think I might do that as well (18 and +4?). I don't want him to be toooo niche, though (but I suppose he can bring his own Mutant army to avoid this).

That said, I think going to 6 markers is a good idea regardless. Giving someone a 1 or 2 for their move number is just too cruel.

Old January 14th, 2014, 07:56 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I think I might do that as well (18 and +4?). I don't want him to be toooo niche, though (but I suppose he can bring his own Mutant army to avoid this).

That said, I think going to 6 markers is a good idea regardless. Giving someone a 1 or 2 for their move number is just too cruel.
Yeah, I seem to remember you wouldn't even consider it for Professor X.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old January 14th, 2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

Yeah, I seem to remember you wouldn't even consider it for Professor X.
As his starting move? No. Too difficult to use him.

That said, not like I ever play him without Angel anyway.

Old January 14th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Dropping the 1 and 2 definitely make it harder for him to nerf units, which was going to be one of my biggest worries. There will be units he can boost right at the start now (Merlyn and Zsasz would love him, off the top of my head), but it shouldn't be too strong. Should he be able to affect Range? I wonder if there aren't any potential mechanical issues from that, but I'm too tired right now to think of any.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:09 PM

Back when I was considering 0 for one of the markers, that would have been a problem from Range. But I can't think of any now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library