Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 14th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Omni-Man ~~ Waiting on ERB/Initial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Not real happy with these tests. At first he was dominating the Heavy hitter tests, so I dropped his SA down to 5 dice instead of 6, and tested against some more powerful people, and he seemed more balanced. But his SA is really not that good. He has to be so close to use it, so that if he sets up for it, it's REALLY easy for an opponent to just move someone next to him to stop it. I think a cost of 430-440 would be good if we change the move for the SA to 6.

LP, when his move for his special was 4, he was easily worth 450+ based on HH and squad tests. I mean melee only units just don't own those squads like OM did, they just don't, or shouldn't.

For his army tests, well the first test looked like he had some of the crappiest luck around to take so many wounds from BW and Shield Agents. He could have easily taken out BW, but seems to have had a terrible attack against her. A couple attacks of 8 should have taken her out. And the difference from here and the squad tests is likely that you spread OM's around and he didn't have the same chance to tear things up, so maybe if he were more of a shark, he could have done better. Though against an Agent army like this, I like to get some other units involved to tie up the Agents or at least occupy them and then send a HH (like OM, though have used Red Tornado to do this when he was the main HH in an army) to go and take on Fury to force him to fight instead of one of his Agent heroes and take him out. Getting 4 activations (SHIELD/Agent) per turn from Fury is huge for them, so when Fury goes down, it's a lot easier to manage the rest of them.

For army test 2, I couldn't tell if you moved Shocker with a LCS as a bonding turn or if they were two separate turns, but Shocker isn't a Criminal, he's a Thief, so he shouldn't have bonded in that case. At any rate, the LCS are at their best when they have a bunch of Criminals to work with because it gives them OM flex which is huge. As a 2 figure squad without that massive OM flex and proper Criminal support, they aren't nearly worth their cost, especially against a tough all hero army. So to me, OM certainly did his part and much more by taking out Cap and Thor, I mean that's a lot more than 450 points worth, but the rest of his army wasn't really made up for supporting him as best as possible because there were 2 lower end heroes and 2 squads of LCS that were not worth their cost going into this particular matchup.

I'm not ragging on your tests LP, not at all. I'm just point out how I don't think that 420-430 evaluation is fair based on the entire tests and the situations in the army tests. HH and squads puts him at a minimum at 450 and the one army tests verifies that as well based on his performance vs. Cap and Thor. The first army test may have been more of a learning curve with how best to work him with other units and share OM's. So the tests were great, but I think 450 still holds up, especially if you are going to raise the special attack move to 6. I mean you are making him better not worse with that, so his cost shouldn't go down.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 14th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well I'm pretty sure he originally had the attack at 6 for the special attack, and he moved it down to 5, whereas the move for the special attack was 4 in all of the tests, and he's talking about moving that up to 6.

Why not just leave things at attack 5, move 4, and remove the unengaged at the start of the turn requirement? Then run a few more tests at 440-450 and see how he goes?

That'd be my suggestion, at least.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 14th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I know that.

He had started HH's with special attack of 6 and then the next set of HH's he did with special attack of 5. At least that's what I got from reading it. Then it seems like everything else was with special attack of 5 and move for it at 4. So when I said he's making OM better not worse, I was not referring to the SP, but to what I believed he changed him to be (lowering special attack to 5) for all the tests after the first set of HH's at special attack of 6. So from what I got, he was improving improving the tested version of OM by raising the special move to 6, and thus not warranting IMO a significant point drop based on the test results using special attack of 5 with move of 4 for the special attack.

And as far as your suggestion, that seems a solid direction in that it eliminates the issue of him getting messed up by getting engaged. I don't think more HH or squad tests are needed since he did them with special attack of 5 and the move restriction. So removing the restriction wouldn't really matter in HH tests and he crushed squads with the restriction, so removing it would only help and make him crush them more. But the army tests seem to be the concern he had, though the second one was more a function of poor supporting army because OM taking out Cap and Thor is certainly huge and the "unengaged" change would have done nothing but make him even huger and if he's going to be taking out 600+ points and getting improved upon, then that's even scarier. The only time it seemed the "unengaged" issue came up was in the first army test.

Last edited by Hahma; July 14th, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old July 14th, 2012, 11:01 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, I think I was confused, actually, as it looks like he didn't have the restriction in the SP already. So if that's what was tested, my suggestion obviously is moot.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 14th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Prickly Cactus

Well... it is still early for you, as you are probably just rolling out of bed.

Yeah, I think he was more concerned with OM needing to get pretty close to an enemy to set up the special, and the enemy was able to engage him with maybe a squaddie and force him to attack that squaddie/s or leave engagement/s. So perhaps the boost to 6 spaces for the special will help, but regardless I don't see how he comes in at less than 450 based on those tests.

Old July 14th, 2012, 11:25 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Well... it is still early for you, as you are probably just rolling out of bed.

Yeah, I think he was more concerned with OM needing to get pretty close to an enemy to set up the special, and the enemy was able to engage him with maybe a squaddie and force him to attack that squaddie/s or leave engagement/s. So perhaps the boost to 6 spaces for the special will help, but regardless I don't see how he comes in at less than 450 based on those tests.
Sorry for any confusion it caused. This paragraph here is what I was thinking. I only got of Omni-Assaults like 4 times total in both games, and two were against Captain America which did no damage both times. It's just really easy to prevent him from using it, when it's kind of supposed to be his main attack. Removing the unengaged clause would just make him even nastier in heavy hitter tests.

The reason he did better in some of the HH tests was because he could disengage to try to set up his Assault, while in army tests with squads, it's not worth taking 2+ leaving engagement attacks when your opponent swarms him.

We could leave it as is, but obviously his army was crushed both times, so he seemed very lackluster.

And I haven't played with Spider-Man's rogues very often yet. I always thought Shocker was a Criminal.
Old July 14th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Prickly Cactus

Regarding the army tests. To be fair LP, that was a tough match-up for OM's army in the first test. Fury's army had more activations at their disposal and huge OM flex. Mockingbird is nasty against AIM and SHIELD are nasty as well with 3 normal attacks being able to bypass Environmental Suit. There really wasn't any specials that AIM could use their suits against, so they were sitting ducks vs. Mockingbird and SHIELD. So while that was a bad loss for OM's team, it was a tough match-up for them too and really should have had a tough time even having a chance against them.

The second test showed him really kick the crap out of Cap and Thor. So that's not lackluster on his part, but his supporting army was lackluster and not really optimized based on the LCS powers and their cost. But OM seemed to do great. I don't usually just look at points killed by a tested unit, but he did his part for sure and it seemed not that he was hogging all the glory at the expense of his teammates, but rather his teammates got crushed and he had to do what he had to do.

Old July 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM

OK, LP, I'm confused ... here's what his special attack says in the SP:

OMNI-ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1, Attack 5.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Omni-Man, you may move Omni-Man up to 4 spaces. At any point during or after the movement, Omni-Man may attack with his Omni-Assault Special Attack up to 3 times.

Is this the current version that you're testing with or no?

Old July 14th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

I believe that's what he was using Bats, I think he just wants it to be that instead of moving 4 spaces with the special attack, he can move up to 6 spaces with the special attack so that he can be further away from an opponent when triggering it, instead of being closer needed with 4 spaces.

I don't know why swarms would mess that up too much since he can get 3 attacks of 5 to kill the swarming squaddies. He doesn't have to actually move any spaces, so he can have like Whirlwind against up to 3 adjacent figures or attack one figure 3 times with attacks of 5. If he's rolling poorly with 5 attack dice, that's just some bad luck, I mean who wouldn't like to have 3 attacks of 5?

Old July 14th, 2012, 02:26 PM

Well here's why I'm confused:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
I only got of Omni-Assaults like 4 times total in both games, and two were against Captain America which did no damage both times. It's just really easy to prevent him from using it, when it's kind of supposed to be his main attack. Removing the unengaged clause would just make him even nastier in heavy hitter tests.
The bolded makes me think it's not already removed ... and since it's removed in the SP, that would mean he was testing with something other than what's in the SP. Meaning I'm not sure what's being tested with or what the current version under consideration is.

Also, if we're not talking about it with an unengaged clause in it, then I'm not sure how he could be prevented from using it. He certainly could be limited in the number of figures he could attack with it, but he couldn't be prevented from using it unless everyone's just starting out too far from him. But if he's going up against figures with less than a range of 6, that seems unlikely to be the case most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
The reason he did better in some of the HH tests was because he could disengage to try to set up his Assault, while in army tests with squads, it's not worth taking 2+ leaving engagement attacks when your opponent swarms him.
Again, this sounds like it's got an unengaged requirement in it, otherwise what's he setting up?

Old July 14th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hmmm....now I'm confused.

Old July 14th, 2012, 03:35 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it should still be in there. I re-read the SP like 3 times, and somehow thought it was there. I don't even remember removing it. Sorry!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library