Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Notices

Old September 1st, 2016, 07:33 PM

Beta464 is surprisingly tart
Arenascape! The Perfect Blend Of Games!

Arenascape follows many of the same basic rules as Heroscape and Arena of the Planeswalkers, but for the sake of mixing the two games together, I've invented some new rules for a more fluid gameplay experience.

Rules:
Spoiler Alert!

Errata List
Spoiler Alert!

Color and General Alignment:
Spoiler Alert!

All other rules remain the same Comment questions and if you feel something needs to be corrected!

"My life for Peryite."

Last edited by Beta464; September 6th, 2016 at 11:46 PM.
Old September 1st, 2016, 10:43 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Arenascape! The Perfect Blend Of Games!

Cool ideas here!

For Enchant Squads - all of the current AotP squads are "Unique" and spells only affect "Uniques." Are you going to allow spells to affect common squads?
Old September 2nd, 2016, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Cool ideas here!

For Enchant Squads - all of the current AotP squads are "Unique" and spells only affect "Uniques." Are you going to allow spells to affect common squads?
Yes, but 1 enchantment can only effect up to 3 members of a squad at one time

"My life for Peryite."
Old September 2nd, 2016, 06:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

So would the Planeswalkers then summon Heroscape figures?

How many games have you played with these rules?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 2nd, 2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
So would the Planeswalkers then summon Heroscape figures?

How many games have you played with these rules?
They would remain in the reserve until summoned, a Planeswalker may still summon up to 2 units during it's turn. The first round, you'll generally want to place your turn 1 maker on your Planeswalker, and turn 2 and 3 on units it's summoned. I've played a few games and, it actually plays very well, it mixes perfectly.

"My life for Peryite."
Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:43 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What kind of maps?

It seems like summoning someone like the Krav to high ground on a Heroscape map could be extremely brutal. Heck, you could summon Krav and Raelin for instant pod power.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 3rd, 2016, 09:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What kind of maps?

It seems like summoning someone like the Krav to high ground on a Heroscape map could be extremely brutal. Heck, you could summon Krav and Raelin for instant pod power.
:nods:

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 3rd, 2016, 10:21 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
What kind of maps?

You would need a Blue/White planeswalker (Agents = Blue, 'good' Kyrie = White) but that would be a solid combo.

With some Heroscape units being well tested at A/A+ there are certain combos here that might be broken .. but I like the creativity @Beta464 . The 'blending' of these two games needs some playtesting and pioneers so thanks for sharing.

I would suggest more Order Marker flexibility. Always having your OM 1 on a Planeswalker can hurt the flow of a game. Maybe you don't get to draw a card or play spells unless there is at least 1 OM on the Planeswalker.

And not 'auto-killings' planeswalkers is a nice balance but an advantage to already powerful units (though Wo-Sa-Ga coil crushing the multi-life squaddies sounds fun).
Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
What kind of maps?

You would need a Blue/White planeswalker (Agents = Blue, 'good' Kyrie = White) but that would be a solid combo.

With some Heroscape units being well tested at A/A+ there are certain combos here that might be broken .. but I like the creativity @Beta464 . The 'blending' of these two games needs some playtesting and pioneers so thanks for sharing.

I would suggest more Order Marker flexibility. Always having your OM 1 on a Planeswalker can hurt the flow of a game. Maybe you don't get to draw a card or play spells unless there is at least 1 OM on the Planeswalker.

And not 'auto-killings' planeswalkers is a nice balance but an advantage to already powerful units (though Wo-Sa-Ga coil crushing the multi-life squaddies sounds fun).
You don't have to order mark 1 your walker every round, only on the first round lol, because otherwise, you couldn't do anything on your first turn, as Planeswalkers have to summon units

"My life for Peryite."
Old September 21st, 2016, 03:51 PM

SinCollector has disabled reputation

What if, instead of making Planeswalkers immune to auto-kill effects, you instead allow the Planeswalker's owner to choose one model from their army to suffer the effect instead? If no models are available, the Planeswalker takes one damage.
Old November 16th, 2016, 09:19 PM

Zilla Woo who?

What colors are the Orcs or they being referenced as Hob Goblins?

Last edited by Zilla; November 27th, 2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old December 10th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Seems pretty cool. I'll have to try it sometime.

The only thing that really jumped out to me in your color assignments was making Air Elementals and White Wyrmlings White. Typically in magic, all water/air/frost things are in Blue. Likewise, the Blue Wyrmlings should also be Red, since they breathe lightning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender