Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 11th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Question Dump / Advice Column: Ask your questions he

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
Quote:
Quote:
When Mister Mxyzptlk is attacked and no skulls are rolled, does he still have to roll defense dice? I know what the answer will be, but I have to check.
Yes.
you make me sad Mega. Though I expected as much.
Counterstrike is most deadly when 0 skulls are rolled.
Yep I just hoped that in the absence of a counterstrike ability I had a choice...

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
When Mister Mxyzptlk is attacked and no skulls are rolled, does he still have to roll defense dice? I know what the answer will be, but I have to check.
Yes.
you make me sad Mega. Though I expected as much.
Counterstrike is most deadly when 0 skulls are rolled.
Yep I just hoped that in the absence of a counterstrike ability I had a choice...
Scatter is also a pain in the rear whether or not the Rat survives...
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, generally if there is no effect based on rolling defense dice vs. 0 skulls from the attack, there's no need to roll defense. But as pointed out by Megasliver, Counterstrike is one of the nastier things to whiff an attack roll against as you must roll defense and all shields are wounds for the attacker. Of course that is for normal attacks and a whiff from special attacks wouldn't matter in that case.

As far as Mxy is concerned, even though he can't be destroyed as a result of rolling defense, in his case, you still have to roll for KLTPZYXM to see if he rolls 1-4 to be destroyed. So while you don't have to roll defense dice for him vs. 0 skulls, you still have to do the "before rolling defense dice" effect as if you were rolling defense dice.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:43 PM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If spider-man uses Web Swing 2, 3 times to move away from War Machine who is behind a tree but only 2 spaces away from Spider-Man; and Spider-Man's first use of it places him within 2 sight spaces of War Machine but he is not finished using the other two uses of his Web Swing 2 power, does War Machine get to use Auto Chain Gun on him?

Spider-Man has only moved 1 of 3 moves and his movement is not finished.

The question is if each use of Web Swing counts as finished movement.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
AUTO CHAIN GUN
When a figure that was not within 4 clear sight spaces of War Machine prior to moving ends its movement within 4 clear sight spaces of War Machine, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound. Continue rolling for Auto Chain Gun until the figure is destroyed or you do not roll 11 or higher.

While I'm not 100% sure on this one, I might have to say yeah, each Web Swing would be considered "end of its movement", even though he's not finished with his complete movement.

Quote:
WEB SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may use his Web Swing. Web Swing has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Spider-Man's Web Swing movement, ignore elevations. Spider-Man may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Spider-Man may not Web Swing more than 40 levels up or down in a single Web Swing. If Spider-Man is engaged when he starts to Web Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Web Swing 2, you may use it two additional times.

I think that the line "Web Swing has a move of 2" could be the technicality that could mean that it would be considered an end of movement for Chain Gun purposes. Being that each use of Web Swing 2 has a total movement of 2 spaces may be enough to let Chain Gun work against him. Now if it were a Web Swing 6, then it would be considered his full move after 6 spaces, but Web Swing 2 is a power that has a move of 2, but lets you use it a total of 3 times.

Not sure that is the right answer, nor the popular one. But I figured I'd take a stab at it.

Old January 11th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree with Hahma. This part:
Quote:
WEB SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may use his Web Swing. Web Swing has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Spider-Man's Web Swing movement, ignore elevations. Spider-Man may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Spider-Man may not Web Swing more than 40 levels up or down in a single Web Swing. If Spider-Man is engaged when he starts to Web Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Web Swing 2, you may use it two additional times.
makes me think it would act like Double Attack. For example, if Deadpool attacks a figure near Angel, Angel move with Guardian Angel, even if Deadpool's attack phase isn't over. So each move of 2 spaces with Web Swing counts as a separate movement and War Machine would get to roll.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Makes sense to me.

C3G team building links.
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah TB, the two additional times is like a double attack like you said, where each attack is resolved separately. Same with Web Swing 2.

Old January 12th, 2013, 12:13 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

But, correct me if I'm wrong, War Machine only gets to use Auto Chain Gun when initially move into his range. If Spiderman was already in his Range and it was used once, then he can't use it again unless the foolish player moved Spiderman away and then back into range of War Machine's Auto Chain Gun.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
But, correct me if I'm wrong, War Machine only gets to use Auto Chain Gun when initially move into his range. If Spiderman was already in his Range and it was used once, then he can't use it again unless the foolish player moved Spiderman away and then back into range of War Machine's Auto Chain Gun.
The reason why this logic doesn't work, is that it says clear sight. And Spider-Man was not in sight of War Machine at the start.

Quote:
If spider-man uses Web Swing 2, 3 times to move away from War Machine who is behind a tree but only 2 spaces away from Spider-Man; and Spider-Man's first use of it places him within 2 sight spaces of War Machine but he is not finished using the other two uses of his Web Swing 2 power, does War Machine get to use Auto Chain Gun on him?

Spider-Man has only moved 1 of 3 moves and his movement is not finished.

The question is if each use of Web Swing counts as finished movement.
Thanks for the answers guys that helped quite a bit. After all the discussion between me and dok started I just took out the laser pointer and realized that the space Spider-Man was moving to was not in sight of War Machine anyway. The tree was still blocking sight.

This is very good to know though and should have a FAQ associated with it.

Old January 12th, 2013, 12:31 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Right, but I think you're missing the gist of the question. The question is whether Spidey takes a chain gun hit if he moves into chain gun range with the first web swing, but out of it with the second or third.

In this particular case, Spidey and War Machine were 2 spaces apart with a tree between them, and the two spaces straight behind Spidey were occupied. So anywhere Spidey moved on his first 2 move web swing was going to be within 4 spaces of War Machine, and (arguably) within clear sight of War Machine.

Last edited by dok; January 12th, 2013 at 12:31 AM. Reason: ibchief ninja
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:33 AM

Yep, I think dok pegged this one dead to rights. But it could use some specification in the Rules Book.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy