Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 19th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Question Dump / Advice Column: Ask your questions he

I don't know. I am pretty sure the official game would likely rule that "affected figures are also being attacked", but one of the things that balanced Puppet Master out for me was to use area affects as a way to bypass Reactive Mind Control.

~ Griffin, who is sick today and needs someone else to be the Rules whisperer
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

So the question is, are affected units also being attacked? I'm really not sure, I'm leaning towards no but I am not sure.
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:11 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm pretty sure the official ruling is affected is not the same as attacked.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think we should ask for a ruling from the official guys. Just sub in Fireline and Isamu's Vanish 9 or something like that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I PMed R˙chean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 19th, 2011, 01:18 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And here's his answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl
Just wondering if Isamu gets to Vanish for when he's affected by an area of effect attack like a shotgun blast or if he must be directly attacked.

Thanks!
"also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack"

A figure is still attacked by the shotgun blast even if they were not the primary target. He gets to roll for vanish, krav get their stealth dodge....

Compare it to Concealment 19 where they Mohicans only get to roll for concealment if they were the target and received a wound. That power could have simply said when they receive a wound from a on adjacent attack, but it specifies when they are the target of the attack.

If Stealth Dodge and Vanish were only supposed to trigger when they were the target of the attack, those powers would have been worded like Concealment.
It seems the big difference is that the Mohicans reference being "targeted". And it looks like Puppet Master has the "targeted" language.

Quote:
Old August 19th, 2011, 01:29 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice, quozl!

(And I shoulda known my guess was wrong! )

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, didn't realize that "targeted" language was there - that makes all the difference on Puppet Master.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 19th, 2011, 02:05 PM

Sam knows what's in an order marker Sam knows what's in an order marker

Ah. I only printed my PM card out a couple of months back, and it doesn't have the 'targeted' language on it. I imagine this issue must have come up before, then!
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, didn't realize that "targeted" language was there - that makes all the difference on Puppet Master.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Ah. I only printed my PM card out a couple of months back, and it doesn't have the 'targeted' language on it. I imagine this issue must have come up before, then!
I added the targeting language in a couple of days ago as I was rewriting the text for the power to match the intention and how it has been played by us. A3n updated it yesterday.

So, to go back the ruling now:

Q - Can Puppet Master use his Reactive Mind Control on Event Heroes?
A - No, because the aspect of taking temporary control of the attacking figure is not optional - it does happen if you roll the D20 and land the needed number. So because Event Heroes cannot be controlled temporarily or permanently by opponents, This power does not work on them.

Q - Can Puppet Master use his Reactive Mind Control against attacking figure that are using an area effect attack but did not actually target Puppet Master?
A - No, because Reactive Mind Control states that Puppet Master has to be the targeted figure for the attack.
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
A - No, because the aspect of taking temporary control of the attacking figure is not optional - it does happen if you roll the D20 and land the needed number. So because Event Heroes cannot be controlled temporarily or permanently by opponents, This power does not work on them.
That's a bit convoluted. I like this better:

A - No, because Event Heroes cannot be controlled temporarily or permanently by opponents.

Quote:
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:54 AM

I just checked this thread again and noticed that no clarification has been added yet to Puppet Master's book.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy