Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old April 10th, 2016, 11:24 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

I think Standoff will be heavy on the thunderbolts, I am really excited because I was all digital before or YouTube to get all my info, this is my first series set to collect, so again I'm excited. I also had to get that Black Panther #1 and that's a read! I really wanted Power Man and Iron Fist #1 but my local comic store was sold out. If any one can point me to a good online comicbook store I would greatly appericate it.

this is what I hope to read within the up coming weeks.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Midgieboy3; April 10th, 2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old April 11th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Nice! I know making the weekly commute to the comic store to buy floppies isn't for everyone, but I love it. I was happy I made the transition to reading comics that way.

I've been buying a lot of back-issues out of the dollar bins lately. Been building up my Thunderbolts collection (I'm about halfway to a complete run, discounting the Marvel NOW! "Thunderbolts" with Red Hulk and co), and I've started reading 52, since my friends recommended that as a good starting point for DC.

Also picked up a few stray issues of Rucka's second Detective Comics run, starring Batwoman. Really liked the character in 52, and Rucka + J.H. Williams III is a no-brainer.
Old April 11th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I love having a pull list at my local comic store. And just as soon as I get a full-time job again, I'll be doing that again!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Nice! I know making the weekly commute to the comic store to buy floppies isn't for everyone, but I love it. I was happy I made the transition to reading comics that way.

I've been buying a lot of back-issues out of the dollar bins lately. Been building up my Thunderbolts collection (I'm about halfway to a complete run, discounting the Marvel NOW! "Thunderbolts" with Red Hulk and co), and I've started reading 52, since my friends recommended that as a good starting point for DC.

Also picked up a few stray issues of Rucka's second Detective Comics run, starring Batwoman. Really liked the character in 52, and Rucka + J.H. Williams III is a no-brainer.
52 was the first comic I ever read, really great book. Some of my all time favorite characters are from that story, Booster Could and Elongated man in particular, although I also have a soft spot for the Metal Men, especially in the 52.
Old April 11th, 2016, 01:44 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

I finished them all and need more lol Illuminati is next and its going to be a good one.

Old April 11th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I wish I had a local comic store but, living out in the boonies as I am, the closest one is about an hour away, and not in a direction I go very often. I've been buying digital for years now and have totally adjusted. I actually like reading floppies in a digital format. I can but on my time, there are no ads, costs are often cheaper, and (best of all) I don't have to find a place to store them. Still prefer reading trades and GNs in physical format.

Quote:
I haven't read beyond Rucka's run, but his Batwoman stuff is fun. Of course, Williams's art makes it so much better.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 11th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

See, I can't justify spending the same prices for digital content. $4 to read a 20-page story doesn't cut it for me - I can buy entire books for $4. But to read a story and collect the physical books... I dunno, that feels more worth it to me.

Even 99 cents for a digital copy feels like too much to me. Marvel Unlimited and Humble Bundles have spoiled me.
Old April 11th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I have that "no local comic store" issue back home, but fortunately I'm more conveniently situated at college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
See, I can't justify spending the same prices for digital content. $4 to read a 20-page story doesn't cut it for me - I can buy entire books for $4. But to read a story and collect the physical books... I dunno, that feels more worth it to me.

Even 99 cents for a digital copy feels like too much to me. Marvel Unlimited and Humble Bundles have spoiled me.
I don't mind reading digitally, but it just doesn't feel like I'm getting the same value. Storage will get to be an issue in a year or two, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Old April 11th, 2016, 07:19 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I won't argue that $4 dollars is a high cost. But that has more to do with the comic industry than physical-vs-digital. I get the same amount of enjoyment out of a digital copy as I do a physical copy, so why wouldn't I pay the same price? I get the exact same content, just in a different delivery format. For me, collecting the physical copies gives me nothing but a storage issue.

Like I said though, living where I live doesn't give me an option. It's digital or trade-wait, and there's something I like about reading monthly, at least for certain books.

Old April 11th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Like I said though, living where I live doesn't give me an option. It's digital or trade-wait, and there's something I like about reading monthly, at least for certain books.
Yeah, reading format makes a big difference. My go-to example there is Ultimate Spider-Man, which is a great binge read, but I suspect I would have been annoyed reading it as it came out, even on a bi-weekly schedule.
Old April 11th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah storage is definitely an issue for me....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Yeah, reading format makes a big difference. My go-to example there is Ultimate Spider-Man, which is a great binge read, but I suspect I would have been annoyed reading it as it came out, even on a bi-weekly schedule.
Funny you should mention USM. I'm currently on a read-through of the entire Ultimate Universe, in mostly chronological order. I've read about 70 issues of Spider-Man so far, and it's a really fun read. It's easily the highlight of the Ultimate Universe. Warren Ellis's Fantastic Four is super fun too, but that's only 12 issues.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape