Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 10th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Question Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Okay this is the place to DUMP all your questions.

People who have more experience but no official standing will surely answer your question in the simplest way possible. You will not be made fun of regardless how many times the question has been posted or how simple the question seems to be to answer (unless on the oldtimers is in a humorous mood and even then it is not personal).

Below is the original intention of this thread, but it has been happily hyjacked into the very thing I proposed, so happy questioning.
______________________________________________________________________ _____
I have been thinking about this for a while and would like to recommend a Question Dump.

Basiclly it sits at the top of the form page (higher than Official Rules and FAQ's) and is fourm that is dedicated to any and all questions. It just runs and runs and is deleted maybe once a year. This way valuable forums are not filled with pointless question threads and people don't have to fill thread with comments like "try seaching", "check the rules" and "read your answer at this link". Also since is it a dump the grammer and spelling rules could be a bit more lax.

I know this would put some users out of a job of yelling I mean educating new people, but I think I would help new people feel welcome, and let the helpful be helpful.

If a child asks simple questions in the "kids hangout" no one would bat an eye, by that logic if there was a FORUM where any questions could be asked and answered no matter how many times it was asked, without fear of being made fun of, it would reduce redundancy on the message board as a whole.

I happen to like answering questions, and Clearly so do Cavilier, killercactus, and warlord alpha, a few esteemed members around here. A FORUM just to post the Kelda healing herself, Double Spaced Figures on Water, and The line of sight questions (all currnetly on the first page of this forum, would be perfect. Especailly if that fourm was cleared once a month keeping the threads from comming back from the grave.

As a result:
1. New users are not insulted (good for new users)
2. Old timers get to compete to see who is the quickest and clearest at answering questions (good for old timers)
3. useless data does not have to be stored on the server. (good for site)
4. Books stay clean. (good for Rev)

Everybody Wins, So here's to the question dump!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; April 15th, 2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:09 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump.

My first instinct is to agree that this is a good idea, but I'm sure someone will be along to show me why it's not.

EDIT: Oooh, I gave someone a greenie for the first time since the rep reform!
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:10 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I've been wanting this for some time.

The thing I wonder is if it would be used or if those non-searchers would also not use this "dump" you speak of.

It at the least wouldn't hurt to try, unless like Sherman says there's some elusive good reason that this isn't a good idea.
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Do I get road bonus when flying?
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:15 PM

Zer0scaper is surprisingly tart

I've got a question. Do special attacks ever receive any bonuses? I can't find the answer because I didn't look.

Edit: TurtleKing if you're serious, no you don't get the bouns.
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks. You don't get bonuses when attacking (with a special), you have to attack with what it says on the card. If you are defending against one, you do get bonuses.
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
Thanks. You don't get bonuses when attacking (with a special), you have to attack with what it says on the card. If you are defending against one, you do get bonuses.
I was kidding (that's why I used this) because it's right there in the description of this part of the forums and is commonly asked here. I should have put the ** around it. That's why I asked if you were serious, I wasn't trying to insult your scape knowledge.
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Founder of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0scaper View Post
Quote:
I was kidding (that's why I used this) because it's right there in the description of this part of the forumsand is commonly asked here. I should have put the ** around it.
Blargh! Stupid Smileys. (and you are new, so you could have been serious)
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was kidding (that's why I used this) because it's right there in the description of this part of the forumsand is commonly asked here. I should have put the ** around it.
I'm new?!? No you're new!! (Check my join date)
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Founder of Democracy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Blargh! I looked at your number of posts. (sorry)
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Blargh! I looked at your number of posts. (sorry)
That's alright. I don't post a lot because as you can tell, I don't often get my point across. But hey I'm glad the question dump worked out for you and just in case you didn't know, you can choose to walk, so flyers can get the road bonus.
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:30 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's a serious question: If a figure (such as Sonlen) is using a special attack/ability (such as Dragon Swoop), does the figure have to use it on an adjacent opposing figure, or can it use the ability on a non-adjacent figure?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's