Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old July 16th, 2021, 11:38 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Anyone who wants to look at our design backlog merely has to look at the list of announced figures that have not been released. There are two that have been there a very long time, but most are more recent. Our throughput now is as good as it's ever been, or close to it.

And NB is of course correct. Our designs do not stand single file in a line, each moving forward if and only if the design in front of it advances, as well.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 16th, 2021, 12:55 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cant imagine the work and process that goes into it, volunteer work is also like herding cats. The community is thankful for the dedication of the project.
Old July 16th, 2021, 02:51 PM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
The community is thankful for the dedication of the project.
100% Agreed. C3V and SoV are why I am here every day and am a supporter every year
Old July 17th, 2021, 09:30 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The quality of your work is undeniable.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 17th, 2021, 09:37 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Love the work you do. Goblin smashers and Bugbear Bashers are still on the list noted above.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old July 18th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thank you all for your kind words.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 18th, 2021, 05:55 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Anyone who wants to look at our design backlog merely has to look at the list of announced figures that have not been released.
I didn't know a list was now in the OP, nice.

I've been keeping my own...
Old July 18th, 2021, 06:00 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Wait, I thought the Ogre Battering Ram was originally Unique when posted. Did it change to uncommon, or did I write it down wrong?
Old July 18th, 2021, 07:03 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Wait, I thought the Ogre Battering Ram was originally Unique when posted. Did it change to uncommon, or did I write it down wrong?
I think you wrote it down wrong...it's always been Uncommon.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 19th, 2021, 01:12 AM

Typical. Thanks, @Sir Heroscape .
Old July 22nd, 2021, 02:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Agrith-Naar by @Sir Heroscape

The Acolytes are looking for more demons and Mr. Naar is looking to take advantage of that opening to satisfy his thirst for blood.

Balance

Right off the bat it’s notable that A-N has a multi-attack of 5. In fact, he has a potential 6 attacks of 5 each turn (more on that later). But 5 dice (or 6 with height) on a multi-attack is nearly unprecedented at 125 points. Krug can get to (and surpass) that level with 2 attacks each turn but I think a good comparison is the Ogre Warhulk with a potential whirlwind of 5 dice. His of course is unreliable and must attack your own figures. A-N has less survivability than the Troll and the Ogre but his raw offensive output is still in the upper echelons of Heroscape.

Theme

A demon with a bunch of arms that can attack anything nearby? Seems legit.

A weird thematic point for me is the Starved power. I assume the theme is that he needs to continue eating something or he gets, well, starved. But this doesn’t really come across in gameplay. In developing A-N, for example, you will place him a few spaces away from your own figures rather than adjacent to them. He’s just as much “starved” at a distance as he is up close, but only one of those placements will wound him.

A similar thing occurs with opponent’s figures. Oftentimes Agrith will avoid multiple figures (more food) in favor of engaging a single figure, to ensure that there’s nobody left adjacent to him at the end of a turn.

In playing Agrith-Naar, I kept wanting “Starved” to say that he took wounds if he didn’t kill anything, but that wasn’t the case.

Creativity

This design is certainly creative enough. A couple well-recycled powers plus a new one to bring the theme home is about all you can ask for.

Playability

Bonding with the Acolytes gives Agrith-Naar the opportunity to pick his time to enter the battle, and that is helpful in mitigating his 5/3 Lifense stats. You don’t really need to worry about him getting shot down before he enters the fray, because he’ll only be summoned when he’s about to rush in and wreck some stuff.

Except that “wrecking some stuff” is usually not a good way to play Mr. Naar. Sure, throw him against Venoc Vipers or Chasers and he can have some huge turns if he catches a few squad figures napping, but consider for a moment some stats against 3 defense figures. A 5v3 has about a 77% chance of succeeding, which is definitely nice. But that means that two 5v3s is only 59% to succeed, getting towards coin flip territory. And 3 5v3s is down to 45% which means that it’s usually not a good idea to spend one of A-N’s five lives to multi-engage squad figures. And heroes are worse. Anything with more than two life left is basically a guaranteed wound for A-N so risky business to engage. Against 4 defense things get worse, and I’ll spare you the stats.

So it’s hard for A-N to really get much value out of his massive attack potential, and his survivability is low as well and he mostly just ends up dying against anything good like Dreadguls or Knights or anything backed by Raelin. This leads him to mostly performing pickoff maneuvers on the outskirts of the battle. Not that he’s bad at that, and he sometimes can earn back his points by combining that with a big turn or two in the middle of everything.

Summary

For all the concern I had about Agrith-Naar’s big 5 dice multi-attack, that’s not a very strategic way to play him. And that leads to a thematic conflict where he doesn’t feel at all like a Ravenous Devourer Demon when he hits the battlefield. Although I found him to be decently balanced (perhaps underpowered in most matchups), the design never quite settled with me.

I vote to induct Agrith-Naar into the Soldiers of Valhalla
Old July 22nd, 2021, 03:05 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Agrith-Naar by @Sir Heroscape has received two Nay votes to induct (Scytale and superfrog) and is removed from the process.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs