Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 7th, 2021, 09:11 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Public Design Workshop

Looking for approval to run Yondu (MCU verision) as my next LD. I have the required 15 points available.

NAME = YONDU (MCU)
SECRET IDENTITY = YONDU UDONTA (Crossover Symbol?)

SPECIES = CENTUARIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PIRATE
PERSONALITY = GRUFF

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 190

ENHANCED YAKA ARROW
Once per round, after moving and instead of attacking, you may choose an opponent's figure within 4 spaces of Yondu. Roll the 20-sided die, if you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound and you may continue to choose figures within 4 spaces of the chosen figure and roll for this special power until you fail to roll 11 or higher. You may not target the same figure more than once on the same turn.

PIRATE COMMMAND
Once per round, after taking a turn with Yondu, you may attack with up to 3 common Pirate Squad figures that you control within 6 clear sight spaces.

"I'M MARY POPPINS Y'ALL"
Instead of his normal move, Yondu may move up to 4 spaces with this special power. When moving with this special power, Yondu has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 4 levels in a single move and will not take leaving engagement attacks when he starts his move. He may not use his Enhanced Yaka Arrow special power this turn.

Last edited by Ericth74; July 7th, 2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old July 7th, 2021, 09:29 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Cool design! Don't have much to say that I didn't on discord. Maybe Yaka Arrow could have a small (+2 or something) boost against commons, since he killed all those mooks in that one scene. Not really a must have kind of thing though.

Excited to see another Pirate, and maybe this'll lead to a MCU Star-Lord down the road from someone.
Old July 7th, 2021, 09:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd say probably about 190 points from that.

First power needs some slight wording tweaks, but looks good overall. Mechanics seem fine. I'm usually not a fan of dialogue titles (too Heroclixy), but I know I'm usually on an island with that take.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 7th, 2021, 09:36 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
Cool design! Don't have much to say that I didn't on discord. Maybe Yaka Arrow could have a small (+2 or something) boost against commons, since he killed all those mooks in that one scene. Not really a must have kind of thing though.
It's already really good against commons because it'll kill them with the one hit.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 7th, 2021, 09:50 AM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd say probably about 190 points from that.

First power needs some slight wording tweaks, but looks good overall. Mechanics seem fine. I'm usually not a fan of dialogue titles (too Heroclixy), but I know I'm usually on an island with that take.
Hmm, that's a lower point total than I thought. I was thinking he should be a 220 to 250 level figure. Might need to juice his numbers up. Goingvto bump his defense to 5.

I'm not married to the Mary Poppins name. But it was such a great moment in the movie. I thought I'd try it out.

Last edited by Ericth74; July 7th, 2021 at 10:40 AM.
Old July 7th, 2021, 11:45 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m usually more down with dialogue titles on movie characters - since most of them have less lines than long-running comic characters, those lines tend to stick out as more iconic to the character.

When you feel the design is ready, post a request in the Ally and Fan Reward thread. I’ll admit I’m still hesitant about an MCU Yondu that has very limited draw to our current Star-Lord, but we can always put it to a vote/discuss.

Last edited by MrNobody; July 7th, 2021 at 12:25 PM.
Old July 7th, 2021, 12:33 PM

As far as I can tell he's a pirate side character with some mid-level leadership qualities and one power (his arrow) that's pretty deadly. Nothing about him strikes me as superhuman levels of durability or combat skills or anything. So sub-200 fits the bill, IMO.

Old July 7th, 2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
As far as I can tell he's a pirate side character with some mid-level leadership qualities and one power (his arrow) that's pretty deadly. Nothing about him strikes me as superhuman levels of durability or combat skills or anything. So sub-200 fits the bill, IMO.
I can see that. Sub 200 is probably right. Does a defense of 5 put him over that? Is it better at 4?
Old July 7th, 2021, 12:58 PM

Calculator isn't exact, but going up to 5 defense would put him at 205 by my calculation on it.

Old July 7th, 2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I’ll admit I’m still hesitant about an MCU Yondu that has very limited draw to our current Star-Lord, but we can always put it to a vote/discuss.
I think as he he works fine with Star-lord. Forcing the Arrow to be a normal attack takes so much away from the design. Go back and watch a clip of him attacking an entire ship full of people with the Arrow. It screams of d20 auto wounding. Similar War Machines chain gun. Rocket Raccoon I has a Special Attack and still works fine with Star-lord.

Old July 7th, 2021, 01:07 PM

I'd think it'd more be that this Yondu wants to be surrounded by common Pirates that makes him not work with Star-Lord.

Old July 7th, 2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I'd think it'd more be that this Yondu wants to be surrounded by common Pirates that makes him not work with Star-Lord.
But isn't that how he spent the overwhelming majority of the movies? He was on his ship surrounded by a bunch of pirates. Of course he worked with Star-lord but more of the time he was working against him and the Guardians

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy