Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 24th, 2021, 10:27 AM

Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
NAME = Lantern Construct
SECRET IDENTITY = ? (Chosen at beginning of game)

SPECIES = Energy
UNIQUENESS = Common Hero
CLASS = Construct
PERSONALITY = ?

SIZE/HEIGHT = ? (Varies) Medium 4 probably

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 0
ATTACK = 0
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = ? Target 10-30, would be nice if all were the same.

Target point is whole sculpt.

CONSTRUCTED
Choose a Lantern / Star Sapphire / figure that starts with or can gain Battery Markers. Instead of attacking with this figure, using Constructs you or the figure's original owner control of the matching color, place up to 1 Construct within 4 places (removing a matching Battery Marker if previously destroyed) and take a turn with up to 2 matching Constructs. Constructs may only attack, move, or take turns this way. If all matching figures you control are destroyed, destroy all matching Constructs with this power. Constructs do not start on the battlefield.
(Unsure: If a construct would be destroyed, you may instead spend a matching Battery Marker from an army card you control to prevent its destruction.)

VARIED CONSTRUCTS
At the beginning of the game, choose one of the below Construct types. Constructs may not make normal attacks unless otherwise noted. If a Construct cannot make an attack it cannot make a leaving engagement attack.
  • Axe: Special attack. Range 1. Attack X. Affects all adjacent figures.
  • Boxing Glove: Special attack. Range 1. Attack X. If this attack inflicted 1 or more wounds, you may move the wounded figure X spaces, where X is the number of inflicted wounds, if it is Medium(?) or smaller, applying fall damage if relevant.
  • Catapult: Special attack. Range X. Lob X. Attack X. Line of sight not needed.
  • Crossbow: Special attack. Range X. Attack X. If this attack deals at least 1 wound, roll 1 unblockable attack die against the wounded figure.
  • Decoy: DARING DECOY Figures engaged with this Construct can only attack figures that have the Daring Decoy special power.
  • Dozer Scoop: Choose a medium or smaller figure. Its controller may roll a d20. If X or higher, or if not rolled, you may move this Construct up to 4 spaces and place the chosen figure next to it. (May need to limit movement here if too strong)
  • Hammer: Normal attack. Range 1. Attack X.
  • Net: STUCK All small or medium opponent's figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to Blob may not move. Figures affected by Stuck cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card. (Maybe limit with d20 roll to balance for point cost)
  • Nurse: After moving, you may roll a d20. If X or higher, remove 1 wound marker from an adjacent figure.
  • Rifle: Normal attack. Range X. Attack X.
  • Scissors: After moving, you may choose an adjacent figure and a power on its card. Roll a d20. If X or higher, place this Construct on that card and it can't use the chosen power. Remove this Construct from that card (and destroy or put back here, not sure) at the end of the round if that chosen figure took a turn this round.
  • Spotlight: After moving, a matching Lantern or Vigilante you control may move up to X spaces if it begins its movement within 8 spaces of this Construct.
  • Stop Sign: (can choose, but that's default, right?) A figure may not move over this Construct. If a figure that started its movement more than 2 spaces away would move through a space adjacent to this Construct (max height of this figure, right?) it must immediately stop its movement on that space.
  • Wall: Blocks line of sight to a partially obscured X or smaller figure.

SPECTRUM OF LIGHT
(Might swap around Blue/Indigo/Violet powers a bit)
At the beginning of the game, choose X to be a color. This card is now X Construct instead of what is listed and gains the matching special power (and personality?):
  • Red: This Construct rolls an additional die on Normal and Special attacks and may take leaving engagement attacks.
  • Orange: After moving and before attacking, roll a d20. If X or higher, remove a Glyph from an adjacent figure and place it next to this Construct.
  • Yellow: Adjacent figures roll 1 less defense die, to a maximum of 2 fewer (or 1 if too strong).
  • Green: You may add 1 to the d20 roll of an adjacent figure you control. If this Construct would be destroyed, roll a d20. If X or higher, it is destroyed.
  • Blue: After taking a turn with a Construct, choose a figure within X spaces. Roll a d20. If X or higher, remove 1 wound marker from that figure.
  • Indigo: If an adjacent figure would gain 1 or more wounds, you may destroy this Construct to reduce the number of wounds by up to 2.
  • Violet: Adjacent figures you control roll 1 additional defense die (or 2 if that figure is a Beloved), to a maximum of 3 additional.
  • White: At the start of each round choose another color in this list that is not Black for all Constructs with this power. Gain that special power for this round.
  • Black: When a figure that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead receives 1 or more wounds, you may roll a d20. If X or higher, that figure takes an additional wound from the original source.

SUPER STRENGTH (?)

FLYING
Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Blubberguy22; June 24th, 2021 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Card revamp
Old June 24th, 2021, 02:44 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Back to the Blue Meanies for Me:

NAME = KORATH THE PURSUER
SECRET IDENTITY = KORATH-THAK

SPECIES = KREE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 200-250

CYBER-GENETIC ENGINEERING

Korath has the species of Cyborg in addition to the species listed on this card.

PSIONIC TRACKING
Each round, before rolling for initiative, you may choose an opposing figure’s Army Card. Move Korath up to “X” number of spaces, where X equals the number of unrevealed Order Markers on that card. If the chosen figure is Accused, you may move Korath one additional space.

BETA-BATON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 1 Attack: 3 + Special

When Korath attacks with this special power, for every skull rolled, the defending figure must roll 1 fewer defense die, up to a maximum of 2 fewer dice. If Korath inflicts one or more wounds with this Special Attack, you may either choose to attack one additional time or roll the 20-sided die, adding one to your roll for each wound inflicted. If you roll 16 or higher, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the defending figure’s Army Card.

SUPERSTRENGTH; FLYING

Last edited by redstang; November 4th, 2021 at 09:48 AM.
Old June 24th, 2021, 03:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Blubberguy:
Cool concepts, but there's no way it's all fitting on one card. What we're realistically looking at there is 126 designs, basically equivalent to 10% of the current C3G library. (Hence why designers are hesitant to do constructs in general! )

You might be able to get away with doing 9 different [COLOR] Construct designs, or 14 different [ITEM] Construct designs, but trying to do all 126 variations on a single card is definitely going to be a nightmare for both balance and text space reasons. If you're interested in expanding Constructs, my personal advice would be to develop a few fitting/cool singular ones for the different colors. (For example, Blue Nurse Construct, Indigo Stop Sign Consctruct, Red Hammer Construct, etc.) I think some of the different effects you have listed there are really cool.

redstang:
Cool! Looks like you took some ideas from Ronin's version and re-interpreted it, which I dig.
Old June 24th, 2021, 03:43 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Blubberguy:
Cool concepts, but there's no way it's all fitting on one card. What we're realistically looking at there is 126 designs, basically equivalent to 10% of the current C3G library. (Hence why designers are hesitant to do constructs in general! )

You might be able to get away with doing 9 different [COLOR] Construct designs, or 14 different [ITEM] Construct designs, but trying to do all 126 variations on a single card is definitely going to be a nightmare for both balance and text space reasons. If you're interested in expanding Constructs, my personal advice would be to develop a few fitting/cool singular ones for the different colors. (For example, Blue Nurse Construct, Indigo Stop Sign Consctruct, Red Hammer Construct, etc.) I think some of the different effects you have listed there are really cool.

redstang:
Cool! Looks like you took some ideas from Ronin's version and re-interpreted it, which I dig.
I actually didn't know there was another design for Korath. I guess great minds think alike!
Old June 24th, 2021, 04:20 PM

Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Blubberguy:

redstang:
Thanks for the feedback! I figured it'd probably be odd to put on one card, but for a text post I figured I'd put it all together and see how it flowed. I think it'd be fun to have a few generic constructs that any Lantern can use, so I might go in that direction with the design.

Wouldn't it be 14 designs for balance reasons or are the different colors that important to balance/point cost in this case?
Old June 24th, 2021, 04:44 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Blubberguy22 : )
Not sure if you've seen the current constructs or not, but if you haven't checked out the indexes yet, here is what is done for the greens.
And this is what's there for orange.
They all do pretty different stuff, so continuing the precedent of individually priced cards I think is the best way to go. Here's an example of me taking a whack at the wall. I'll echo Nobody and say pick a few of them you really like and focus on developing those. I'd always love to see more constructs!
Old June 24th, 2021, 04:59 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubberguy22 View Post
Wouldn't it be 14 designs for balance reasons or are the different colors that important to balance/point cost in this case?
I do think it's possible there'll be situations where giving a Green Lantern a Wall is more powerful than giving a Star Sapphire a Wall, but the main reason I'd argue for doing them by color is that how each Corps utilizes a given Construct might be different.

Maybe Blue uses a Nurse to heal, while Yellow uses a Nurse to invoke a fear of needles. Or perhaps a Green Lantern uses a Wall to stop you, while a Red Lantern uses a wall as something to smash your head into. I think there's a lot of potential fun in looking at how each color might interpret and use the same object.

We also have a Yellow Construct that tbh I forgot wasn't released yet!
Old June 24th, 2021, 06:00 PM

The 126 option idea probably won't work, but I think I'll use some of the ideas for inspiration if it doesn't pan out.

I also had some ideas for color specifics. Not fully thought out yet, but it would add variation to the different lantern colors.

Blue: after taking a turn with a Construct, choose a figure within X spaces. Roll d20 if pass remove 1 wound (or maybe roll to see if no wound happens if nearby).

Red: All Construct attacks +1 damage (maybe automatic skull added).

Yellow: when rolling defense within X spaces, you may force the roller to roll 1 less.

Black: When something takes damage within X spaces of Construct roll d20 or unblockable die or just it happens if you want to get an extra wound.

White: Start of each round choose the color power of any other except Black to use for this round.

Orange: ? Maybe roll to remove a glyph from an adjacent figure, placing it adjacent to this construct.

Green: ? Maybe +1 to d20 rolls within X spaces. Or maybe roll d20 to see if destroyed or not when would be destroyed.

Indigo: ? Maybe can destroy adjacent? Construct to ignore a wound. Maybe Indigo should be healing over blue, not sure.

Violet: ? Something with a beloved? But that only works with some Star Sapphires so idk.
Old June 24th, 2021, 08:31 PM

Updated the card to clean it up a bunch and make it a bit shorter so it makes more sense if it were a single card.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Blubberguy22; June 24th, 2021 at 10:04 PM.
Old June 24th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

There is absolutely zero chance that fits on a card. The second power alone would not fit on a card.
Old June 24th, 2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
There is absolutely zero chance that fits on a card. The second power alone would not fit on a card.
Yeah, I know, just having fun with ideas. Think I might try to split it up.
Old June 24th, 2021, 08:45 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Agreed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy