Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old December 9th, 2019, 04:22 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Casters of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Summary of episode 4

1. Chainfighters need to move up in the rankings.
2. Come to Gen Con
3. Run a local tourney in the mid-west so I can come to it.
4. Everybody needs to run Hawthorne.
5. We will be building Cody's gen con main event army.
We have a midwest tournament!!!!!! February 22nd. Michigan is in the midwest! We can house you overnight!!
I was hoping for something less than 11 hours away...I can drive to gen con for that amount of time.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 9th, 2019, 05:12 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
Quote:
Summary of episode 4

1. Chainfighters need to move up in the rankings.
2. Come to Gen Con
3. Run a local tourney in the mid-west so I can come to it.
4. Everybody needs to run Hawthorne.
5. We will be building Cody's gen con main event army.
We have a midwest tournament!!!!!! February 22nd. Michigan is in the midwest! We can house you overnight!!
I was hoping for something less than 11 hours away...I can drive to gen con for that amount of time.

True, it is a bummer that you live so far away. Time to move closer!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old January 9th, 2020, 09:41 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Stinger drain is oh so worth it, to me it is about having fun, and there is not much funner then rolling the D20, the numbers may not work if you really look into it ( for those who do not posses Good luck ), you know like love, but if you don't take the change, you just don't have as much fun. Against most armies a bad drain hurts but is not that big of deal.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old January 9th, 2020, 09:46 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got mentioned in the podcast, and mentioned from Cleon - Feel important, he he

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old March 30th, 2020, 12:10 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...b-units-part-1

Join Mike, Ken, Nathan, and William as we discuss the first half of the B+ rated units (in accord with Mike's modern power rankings) and the people at GenCon, past and present.

Side note: Sorry for the delay on this episode! It was actually recorded back in December. Unfortunately, I was dealing with some health issues for a few months, along with a crazy end of my school year. We'll be back on a pretty regular schedule now that we have nothing else to do! Please give feedback as always!

We will be following up with one more episode on the B+ units before moving away towards some other topics. We may end up covering the Bs and lower at a later point in time, but the point of this mini-arc was to give insight into the top-level units. The units below B+ generally aren't viable in a double-blind format.
Old March 30th, 2020, 01:01 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm glad you goofballs are back.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 30th, 2020, 01:44 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thoughts

1. It was only 3 squads of Ashigaru and Raelin plus Eltahale and 2 black wyrmlings (I also love dem wyrms)
2. Horned Skull Brutes and PKs. It's such a good combo. (I actually ran it with Moltenclaw in an online tournament)
3. I have made day 2 with Deathstalkers and Templar so hounds might not be the only viable double hexers. ~_^
4. Is NERV the Northeast group Matthias is thinking of?

~Dysole, who greatly enjoyed the episode

Last edited by Dysole; March 30th, 2020 at 10:15 AM.
Old March 30th, 2020, 10:52 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'm glad you goofballs are back.
Thanks DS! We're glad to be back!
Old March 30th, 2020, 10:55 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Re: Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
1. It was only 3 squads of Ashigaru and Raelin plus Eltahale and 2 black wyrmlings (I also love dem wyrms)
2. Horned Skull Brutes and PKs. It's such a good combo. (I actually ran it with Moltenclaw in an online tournament)
3. I have made day 2 with Deathstalkers and Templar so hounds might not be the only viable double hexers. ~_^
4. Is NERV the Northeast group Matthias is thinking of?

~Dysole, who greatly enjoyed the episode
Thanks for listening!

Eltahale makes a lot of sense in that army. I think 3 squads is still enough for the point that they're budget 4th/10th to still be true.

I really like PKs with HSBs, so much so that I ran it in Main Event this past year (apparently I forgot to mention that, lol...)
Old March 30th, 2020, 04:52 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Great listen. I need to give Eltahale & Frost Giant another look. I really liked the talk of all the Gencon players past and present.
Old March 30th, 2020, 07:49 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Great listen. I need to give Eltahale & Frost Giant another look. I really liked the talk of all the Gencon players past and present.
Thanks for the listen! I think we may have missed you (along with a few others, probably), so sorry about that!! It wasn’t intentional. It’s just hard to remember everyone on the fly.
Old March 31st, 2020, 10:53 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yeah, maybe because I show up about 1/2 the Gencons and never made Day 2 (although I won 1 smaller tournament about 1/2 the years I show up), but also I do not have a super distinguished characteristic such as a laugh like @WOOKIE or a super casual attitude like @Hendal . With ~60-70 people playing in at least one Heroscape event each year it is impossible to remember or mention everyone.

Here's hoping things get more back to normal by the end of July.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion