Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 16th, 2018, 06:49 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: New England Revival - Providence - 3-31-18

Whew, been a loooooooog time. Would love to attend, my 9yr daughter has noticed all the bins collecting dust in the basement lately and wants to learn how to play... yay me!

Unfortunately, I have a family event that day. Keep me in the loop for future events though. Never know.

-insert signature here-
Old March 16th, 2018, 08:30 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
It's a bit under three hours for me to get there. Not impossible, but fairly unlikely.
I understand its been a while for tons of us, first time for me, and while it's my intention to stir the pot here I did not expect some of you to stop what you're doing and drive 3 hours for some guy that never hosted an event before.

I have a group of 5 people that play that are coming and honestly for this event just the comments here made it a success thus far, bonus points for anyone that actually comes lol.

@fil and @nyys i'll keep you guys in the loop. I really wanted to get this event rolling and try to get my friend in college there as well (that weekend is his break). The timing of this event I have to admit wasn't the best. I had an event last weekend, this weekend is St Pats day and the event is the day before Easter. Not the best date to pick but like I said successful so far just with the comments here. Thank you all thus far for the interest!

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old March 16th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Will Never Legitimately Beat Bistro At Anything

TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
It's a bit under three hours for me to get there. Not impossible, but fairly unlikely.

Some others who should know about it: @Scapemage , @loborocket , @nyys , @TehFattestNinja , @arp12 , @Bengi , @fil , @I Like Pi , @nyphot , @SuperEsenwein , @zombieknight .
I'm in
Old March 16th, 2018, 02:57 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
I understand its been a while for tons of us, first time for me, and while it's my intention to stir the pot here I did not expect some of you to stop what you're doing and drive 3 hours for some guy that never hosted an event before.
That's not the problem at all. Even if it turns out that you're the world's worst tournament director (which I presume won't be the case), showing up and playing 'scape would be worth it. It's just harder now to devote a whole Saturday to it without some other aspects of my life happening to line up.

And if I'd known that tossing out a few mentions was all it took to get you guys back and posting, I'd've done it years ago.
Old March 16th, 2018, 03:14 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
That's not the problem at all. Even if it turns out that you're the world's worst tournament director (which I presume won't be the case), showing up and playing 'scape would be worth it. It's just harder now to devote a whole Saturday to it without some other aspects of my life happening to line up.

And if I'd known that tossing out a few mentions was all it took to get you guys back and posting, I'd've done it years ago.
I misspoke, I agree with your point completely. It's probably just been a while for most of you and just getting my initial findings and seeing how much interest there is was all I was trying to do thus far. It's also a hard time of the year, right before Easter wasn't the best choice but I plan on having something during the summer, early and perhaps late summer as well.

Thanks again for tossing out those mentions it looks like that's all that was needed.

Old March 16th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Will Never Legitimately Beat Bistro At Anything

TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker

Now I gotta dig out my stuff
Old March 16th, 2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehFattestNinja View Post
Now I gotta dig out my stuff
I do plan on bringing spare extras like wound and OM's and also a couple pre-made armies. I however only have 1 of each common squad so the pre-mades are not as efficient as they could be. If you needed any figures I might have them along with all the extras I plan to bring.

Old March 19th, 2018, 04:28 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Bump. Location change, updated location parking and how to get there. Instead of a possibility of chip in for food there is a cafe right there along with a coffee station. There is also be dedicated prize money from the entry fee instead of for a cover charge.

@Drewman-chu @tomcollins2000 @Cleon
Cool. Untapped is great I go there to play magic when I'm not on hiatus from the game. I'll let anyone from mana core that doesn't have a presence here about the venue change.

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old March 19th, 2018, 04:31 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

I haven't played in so long. Help taking recommendations on what army to bring. Wish I could run dividers but sadly they got lost/stolen years ago

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old March 19th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey there 'Scapers! ollie, thanks for the mention. March 31 won't work for me - lots to do on campus before I graduate from Bowdoin in May - but I'd love to do a reunion tournament at some point, maybe this summer.
Old March 19th, 2018, 05:27 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Hey there 'Scapers! ollie, thanks for the mention. March 31 won't work for me - lots to do on campus before I graduate from Bowdoin in May - but I'd love to do a reunion tournament at some point, maybe this summer.
Ha! Graduate from college, you say. You're, what, 16? Good one.

Last edited by ollie; March 19th, 2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Congratulations arp!
Old March 19th, 2018, 05:39 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcollins2000 View Post
I haven't played in so long. Help taking recommendations on what army to bring. Wish I could run dividers but sadly they got lost/stolen years ago
For the Marro vibe, how about:

Tul-Bak-Ra: 130
Drones x5: 250
Stingers x2: 120
Total, 500pts, 22 hexes.

That'd be fun with Dividers in place of the Drones too, if you can get your hands on some.

Anything else you're in the mood for? I'm up for some army building as a proxy for actually being able to go (and then will have plenty of options if I can make it).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events