Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 4th, 2010, 04:36 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla (BoV-style) customs project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I think you should require a card. The BoV won't allow a submission without build instructions. What happens if a unit goes through here but is never carded? No one will use it. And the whole point of this thread is for cards to get recognized and used right?
Hmmm, good point. I think that will also help prevent people from slapping something together and rushing it in for a nomination.
I disagree, because I have seen some really good ideas on this site that did not have cards. Take Jexix's Customs thread...his customs did not have cards until someone else made them for him.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
I think you should require a card. The BoV won't allow a submission without build instructions. What happens if a unit goes through here but is never carded? No one will use it. And the whole point of this thread is for cards to get recognized and used right?
In this case a card is not required like with a map, because we have so many talented people on this site that can whip up a card at a moment's notice.
Now I'm turning back the other way.

I think that with as many judges as I'd like to have, we could come up with a card for an approved unit. Plus many people use nonstandard cards, so those would have to be banned or modified as well. Returning by-laws to "no card required".

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm, good point. I think that will also help prevent people from slapping something together and rushing it in for a nomination.
Either that or you need someone dedicated to the group to create cards for the units nominated without cards and a standard form for filling out when there is no card.
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:39 PM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Either that or you need someone dedicated to the group to create cards for the units nominated without cards and a standard form for filling out when there is no card.
Once we get organized, I think we will be able to find someone who can make cards.

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Cards won't be crucial until after a units is accepted, I think. I agree that there should probably be a standard submission format, though. That will probably be something that the judges should agree on as a group, but I'm kind of partial to this:

Colonel Harrington
Quote:
Human............6 Life
Unique Hero.....Move 6
Colonel...........Range 1
Commanding....Attack 3
Large 6...........Defense 5
.....................295 Points

Tactical Leadership
Instead of taking a turn with Colonel Harrington you may take a turn with up to two common squads of Soldiers that you control. Any figure that is taking a turn instead of Colonel Harrington must be within six spaces of Colonel Harrington before moving

Soldier Enhancement
All friendly Soldiers adjacent to Colonel Harrington roll an additional attack die and an additional defense die.

recommended proxy: Sir Dupuis

Colonel Harrington was an American Revolutionary officer, summoned along with his favorite steed.

Old November 4th, 2010, 04:42 PM

That looks good, but card pics will also be accepted right?

Old November 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I think this is a worthy effort.

Not sure if I agree with Section 1/Items 1 & 2. I believe a) cards should be required and b) the sculpt should be chosen before a entering the process.

A) How many times have you worked on a custom, had it "just right" with theme, abilities, and wording, only to find that it just doesn't fit on the card. I know it's happened to me several times.

B) Having the actual figure chosen removes variables in playtesting. Playtesters will know the size and configuration of the figure and, in combination with the card will have consistent hit zones.

If not having a card would prevent a truly worthy design from being considered, I'm sure there are enough Scapers that have MSE or are proficient in Photoshop or Gimp that could create a card. I've done this for another Scaper myself and would do it again.

Edit: Multiple ninjas! OUCH!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

I don't have time right now to help, but will watch, and wait for a 32-hr day to arrive.
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Yes. A card will always be acceptable.

I'm feeling wishy-washy on card and sculpt requirements. I'd love to hear as many opinions as possible about them, though in the long run I think both are decisions for the panel to make.

Old November 4th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Yes. A card will always be acceptable.

I'm feeling wishy-washy on card and sculpt requirements. I'd love to hear as many opinions as possible about them, though in the long run I think both are decisions for the panel to make.
Here's my opinion as it stands:

A sculpt is needed. A card is not.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:52 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
A) How many times have you worked on a custom, had it "just right" with theme, abilities, and wording, only to find that it just doesn't fit on the card. I know it's happened to me several times.

B) Having the actual figure chosen removes variables in playtesting. Playtesters will know the size and configuration of the figure and, in combination with the card will have consistent hit zones.
I think mac has a point here. When editing wording for an ability I always do it on the card itself to make sure my wordsmithing doesn't come to naught. This also helps when deciding on an ability's complexity and whether to scrap it or just edit it. And as has already been stated, there are always people who can whip up a card lickity split.

Also, if this is to present a figure as worthy of playing, it is always nice to know that there is a viable figure (i.e. one that doesn't cost $20). I think this point is more negotioable than the other, but still...
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

A sculpt should be required. Even if it is just "I used the Marro Stingers for this card".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards