Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old November 27th, 2018, 02:26 AM

Hero89 Woo who?
Casual Heroscape and Questions for the Future

I decided to bring classic Heroscape to my local beer and pretzels group and set up Migol's Tomb, playing Mimring's Fortress scenario. The group usually plays more casual party games shying away from hard core board games, but after I set up the board I immediately had three people interested in playing.

I pointed out some of the cards I thought were strong for the scenario, fudged the points for everyone a bit giving roughly 50 more to each player, and took the Mimring position.

Play went really well. I got wiped off the map round two, and enjoyed watching and directing play for a game filled with back-stabbing and betrayal. The game ended with a single Krav Maga Agent getting through all nine of Deathwalker 9000's defense pool and taking the map the following round.

While I think things went really well, what should I do for the future? I would love to have four players sit down and play the game at once so I can maximize the number of players in a game, but am not sure how to best implement this. What would you suggest?
Old November 27th, 2018, 09:25 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Casual Heroscape and Questions for the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero89 View Post
I decided to bring classic Heroscape to my local beer and pretzels group and set up Migol's Tomb, playing Mimring's Fortress scenario. The group usually plays more casual party games shying away from hard core board games, but after I set up the board I immediately had three people interested in playing.

I pointed out some of the cards I thought were strong for the scenario, fudged the points for everyone a bit giving roughly 50 more to each player, and took the Mimring position.

Play went really well. I got wiped off the map round two, and enjoyed watching and directing play for a game filled with back-stabbing and betrayal. The game ended with a single Krav Maga Agent getting through all nine of Deathwalker 9000's defense pool and taking the map the following round.

While I think things went really well, what should I do for the future? I would love to have four players sit down and play the game at once so I can maximize the number of players in a game, but am not sure how to best implement this. What would you suggest?
I’m sure there are other 4 player scenarios, but if there aren’t any you can build (because of terrain restrictions, for example), you and your friends can just build a big battlefield and play teams. Two teams with 300-400 points a player should be doable with just the first Master Set.

Have fun!!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 27th, 2018, 12:33 PM

Hero89 Woo who?

I do have another base master set and the Marro one. As for other terrain sets, I have the road, castle and lava sets. I do have a small selection of units from other waves, but my financial situation as a youngster prevented me from collecting whole waves.

I was wondering if I should keep it to just the master set for simplicity. I want the game to be as accessible to new players while providing a four player game opportunity.
Old November 27th, 2018, 02:31 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Heroscape does well as eye candy. You can definately use the extra terrain (just not all of it at once) to make games more fun. You can even toss in some of the other units one at a time to help expand the game once the originals start to get stale. And the Obsidian Guards are always a great option for the draft when Lava is in play.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 27th, 2018, 09:20 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

2 vs 2 teams!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old November 28th, 2018, 03:01 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
2 vs 2 teams!
Ditto to this.

When I set up in a bar I used mat from Arena of the Planeswalkers as base and about 1/2 RotV & RttFF only because I can set up map quicker and takes less space transporting, but if you have time I think a master set and a couple expansions are good as eye candy. And yes see all other Official Maps and Scenarios for some more options.
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:02 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

2v2 and 3v3 are my favorite ways to play, personally.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion