Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old September 15th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape with HexScape

For the first issue, try opening the .hsa file with notepad or something similar. Then, erase evere "classic_" in front of the lines.
Save the file and try again.

What do you mean by "rendering terribly" ? A screenshot might help us to know what's happening !

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old September 15th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1whoknoxx View Post
I know I've installed all the assets so what's going on???

Also the maps I'm trying to load in as .hsc files are rendering terribly is this a me problem or are other people experiencing this???
I tried mine version out again last night and it's rendering fine.
Old September 15th, 2016, 05:54 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

@Lyrgard ,

I know there hasn't been much focus on HexScape recently, but I have a suggested improvement.

I tried to use HexScape for some playtesting a few months ago and it felt terribly unwieldy. The main problem is using the arrows and +/- for camera movement. On other programs I use (CAD programs, Blender, Repetier, even the 123D Catch app), the camera location and angle is all controlled with the mouse (and maybe the ctrl key) and it's really easy to get exactly the view you need. With HexScape, I often found it difficult to see exactly what I wanted see. In addition, it felt really slow moving the camera around.

The HexScape interface looks great, but eventually I went back to my real-life map because it just felt so frustrating to use and difficult to see what I wanted.

Would it be possible to add mouse camera control to a future version of Blender?
Old September 16th, 2016, 10:02 PM

the1whoknoxx is surprisingly tart

Issue solved nobody told me that I had to change the setting from hexagonal chess to Heroscape :P
Old September 17th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1whoknoxx View Post
Issue solved nobody told me that I had to change the setting from hexagonal chess to Heroscape :P
Ahah yep it can have its importance too...

French Forum's admin.
Old July 9th, 2017, 02:44 PM

5ManScapingIsNotEasy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hey all,

New here, and this is fantastic! So excited to see all these 3D models in one place. One question - I saw in a different thread someone mentioned that several more waves had been completed (Wave 9, 10, 11, etc.). But I didn't see links to those in this thread.

Can those be added to this thread for download as well? Thanks!
Old July 10th, 2017, 02:22 PM

Dissonance is surprisingly tart

The later waves (basically everything except Marvel and a few models from waves 6, 7 and 9 ) are available as part of the Heroscape mod for Tabletop simulator, the meshes and textures (.obj and .png/.jpg) should be compatible with HexScape but I believe HexScape requires .mtl files for each model (which Tabletop simulator doesn't use).

I think it's possible for you to make these missing .mtl files without using Blender, by making copies of one of the existing .mtl files and editing it in notepad to change the texture name and model name (which you get from the third line of the .obj which can also be opened in notepad).

If you don't own Tabletop simulator you can still get the models and textures it uses because they are all stored in the cloud so you just need the corresponding URLs. I have a badly organised text file where I keep a list of all the links. You can get it from here. Just search for the name of the model you want, the entries are (for the most part) in the format:
Name
Diffuse Mesh (pastebin)
Diffuse Texture (imgur)
Low polygon non-convex collision mesh (pastebin)
Army card advanced side (imgur and imgland)
Old July 10th, 2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ManScapingIsNotEasy View Post
Hey all,

New here, and this is fantastic! So excited to see all these 3D models in one place. One question - I saw in a different thread someone mentioned that several more waves had been completed (Wave 9, 10, 11, etc.). But I didn't see links to those in this thread.

Can those be added to this thread for download as well? Thanks!
All the captures are done, but waves 9+ still need some extra work to make them compatible. I've been swamped in real life, and things have slowed down, but we plan to get them finished.

I'll talk to the others, but a Christmas release of everything is doable.
Old July 10th, 2017, 09:44 PM

5ManScapingIsNotEasy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Smile Re: Heroscape with HexScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
The later waves (basically everything except Marvel and a few models from waves 6, 7 and 9 ) are available as part of the Heroscape mod for Tabletop simulator, the meshes and textures (.obj and .png/.jpg) should be compatible with HexScape but I believe HexScape requires .mtl files for each model (which Tabletop simulator doesn't use).

I think it's possible for you to make these missing .mtl files without using Blender, by making copies of one of the existing .mtl files and editing it in notepad to change the texture name and model name (which you get from the third line of the .obj which can also be opened in notepad).

If you don't own Tabletop simulator you can still get the models and textures it uses because they are all stored in the cloud so you just need the corresponding URLs. I have a badly organised text file where I keep a list of all the links. You can get it from here. Just search for the name of the model you want, the entries are (for the most part) in the format:
Name
Diffuse Mesh (pastebin)
Diffuse Texture (imgur)
Low polygon non-convex collision mesh (pastebin)
Army card advanced side (imgur and imgland)
This is perfect, thanks so much!
Old July 17th, 2017, 03:53 PM

Dissonance is surprisingly tart

So I got the Marvel figures made for Tabletop Simulator into HexScape, but as you can see, they still need cards, is there a set of templates for these that I can use to finish the asset pack?
Old July 17th, 2017, 04:24 PM

Samanto is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hi everyone,

First of all, to all of those responsible for this library of heroscape 3D models, thank you very much! This is great work and very appreciated.

I am curently in the process of 3D printing some figures for fun. I noticed that some squads, espacially in wave 4, have the same figure for every squad member. For exemple, gladiatrons 1,2,3 and 4 are all identical. This isn't the case for the squads i looked at in wave 1. Is that something that is intented?

Thank you!
Old July 18th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Marcel Marceau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanto View Post
Hi everyone,

First of all, to all of those responsible for this library of heroscape 3D models, thank you very much! This is great work and very appreciated.

I am curently in the process of 3D printing some figures for fun. I noticed that some squads, espacially in wave 4, have the same figure for every squad member. For exemple, gladiatrons 1,2,3 and 4 are all identical. This isn't the case for the squads i looked at in wave 1. Is that something that is intented?

Thank you!
Hi !
Yes, that's completely intented. Pretty soon in the process we decided to add only one figure per squad, to fasten the process and make all the game cards available ASAP. There's only figures from the first waves (1, 2 and maybe a few other ones) that we made with all the figures.

French Forum's admin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software