Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old April 29th, 2009, 10:46 PM

Svannim Woo who?
Lightbulb Wait then fire strategy

(UNTESTED)
I decided to make a strategy based around the Wait then Fire attack.
Use any amount of figures with the Wait then Fire attack. (e.g. Ashigaru Harquebus, 4th Mass.) And any choice of supportive fire, defense. (Your best bet would be any soulborgs for their high defense and range. Or if you are only using 4th Mass as the Wait then Fire figures, a valiant army for their defense bonus,.. but like I said, your best bet are figures with high defense so you can protect the Wait then Fire figures.)
Take your W.T.F. (haha,.. wtf...) figures to a hotspot in the map with your defensive army leading to block L.O.S. and take all of the hits. Once your W.T.F. figures are at the spot you wish to hold, commence the W.T.F. for as long as you possibly can until your opponent is at the point, (Or move to a new spot if they are out of range). Then pummel your opponent with the massive attack of the W.T.F. figures!
Idk.. This is my first strategy I have made up BEFORE the battle.
Tell me what you think!
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Wait then fire strategy

I've always thought this was pretty simple...

(credit to Jexik)
Old April 29th, 2009, 11:02 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The best strategy for Wait then Fire is to Wait THEN Fire.
Old April 29th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Svannim,

The WTF +1s do NOT stack. Nonetheless, WTF is one of the game's premiere abilities.

~Aldin, who notes that if it did stack then your strategy would be fine

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 30th, 2009, 12:09 AM

Svannim Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Svannim,

The WTF +1s do NOT stack. Nonetheless, WTF is one of the game's premiere abilities.

~Aldin, who notes that if it did stack then your strategy would be fine

wow i didnt know that. well that takes all of the fun out of the riflemen.
my life is a lie...
Old April 30th, 2009, 09:12 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom View Post
I've always thought this was pretty simple...

(credit to Jexik)
how did you think that was simple?
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:04 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Flowcharts rule...

-insert signature here-
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
The best strategy for Wait then Fire is to Wait THEN Fire.

I'm confused. Could you explain Wait then Fire to me again, only a little slower this time.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

Whats sad is watching Onacara with 6x 10th regiment sitting in the start zone and trying to guess his strategy.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:43 PM

Svannim Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
Whats sad is watching Onacara with 6x 10th regiment sitting in the start zone and trying to guess his strategy.
I bet.
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:08 PM

Svannim Woo who?

Okay guys, heres the results... even WITH my custom stacking rules,... thats strategy was a complete bust. My 4th was slaughtered. Its like a turkey on thanksgiving day, waiting while a farmer with a shotgun takes his aim just to spit on him and die. Yes, very descriptive. However! The soulborg strategy was sensational. My 4th lasted 4 rounds under constant fire because of them, that is, until my buddy flew right over the wall of robots, cut through me like a hot knife through butter, and bam! I was ruined! What a game though!
Oh, and I played on my latest map, wich I have named the land of the dead. Check it out. It's under custom maps.

P.S.
This is what the alphabet would look like without Q and R.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion