Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 6th, 2009, 10:21 AM

b0neshank is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Smile B0neshank's Custom characters

Me and my brother typically play Heroscape once a week and decided to start playing with custom characters to add some life to the game. I will post a few of the ones I created for us here.

Final revision of Belial. Adjust stats and removed Stealth Flying. Also increased unit cost to reflect special.

Edited card to show attack points and vantage point.

Last edited by b0neshank; April 21st, 2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Easier to read and understand.
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:24 AM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Custom character

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0neshank View Post
Me and my brother typically play Heroscape once a week and decided to start playing with custom characters to add some life to the game. I will post a few of the ones I created for us here.
Hey!!! I recognize HeroQuest bits when I see them! Nice custom. Welcome to the site.
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:43 AM

I painted that mini probably 16 years ago and when considering units figured they would work perfectly.
Old April 6th, 2009, 11:09 AM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Nice. About that long ago I painted a chess set out of HQ bits. That fig was my queen of the Orc side.
Old April 6th, 2009, 11:18 AM

Carakki knows what's in an order marker Carakki knows what's in an order marker

I like the idea for this custom. However, there are several flaws:
  • Aura of Lies is worded incorrectly. Per Heroscape formatting, it should read (bolded wording has been changed from original wording on the card):
"All friendly figures you control within four clear sight spaces of Belial receive one additional attack die. Belial's Aura of Lies does not affect Belial. All enemy figures within two clear sight spaces of Belial always roll one less attack die."
  • "Water," "becoming," and "obstacles" are misspelled in Stealth Flying.
  • His range is two. This is atypical for Heroscape units unless it is a special attack or ability. This is less a flaw than something to be considered for change to better fit Heroscape.
  • Belial is severely underpriced. Think of Taelord the Kyrie Warrior, who most people agree is overpriced. Belial has the same special abilities, plus the ability to subtract one attack die from all nearby enemies. Belial also has two additional attack and defense, and one more range, albeit with one less life. All of this, for fifty points less than Taelod. Belial should be at least 170 points possibly a bit more.
I know that seems harsh, but I'm trying to help you make a better custom.
Old April 6th, 2009, 11:25 AM

Cheeslord Woo who?

Hello and welcome to the site! Also thanks for giving me a link to an image hosting site that is not photobucket (must go there and check their TOS).

Your figure seems a bit powerful for 130 points (+1 attack aura is very good, compare with Taelord who is admittedly a bit overpriced. Also -1 to enemy attack within 2 spaces and high normal attack+defence + fast and stealth flying)

With abilities as is I would price around 200 points, maybe more.

Mark.
Old April 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to follow a form I found for custom character rules. I will adjust the figure and re-post. Most of the text I copied and pasted from another form I found on unit abilities and didn't even consider using spell/grammar check. Thanks for the heads up.
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:06 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

I know a chaos warrior when I see one!!

Is this Tealords younger or older borther?

Great job on your first customs

He looks pretty much the same as Telord to me. What I like about customs is the freedom to come up new abilities or spins on old ones.
I would try and figure out an abilitily for this guy where he helps out or bonds with Tealord in some way to offset Tealords cost a little. That would get Tealord and your custom a little more chance of being drafted or used in an army.

For example This guy can increase the range fo Tealords +1 Aura Attack. Or If he is next to tealord he gets +1 defence die or something like that. If you have Tealord and this guy at almost 200 points you will rarely see them on the board together unless you are playing 500+ armies.

Just my 2 cents
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:31 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Welcome, b0neshank!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old April 6th, 2009, 03:14 PM

Adjusted figure based on comments. Thanks again for the feedback.
Old April 7th, 2009, 08:28 AM

Cheeslord Woo who?
Smile Re: Custom character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
I know a chaos warrior when I see one!!

Is this Tealords younger or older borther?
Stacked with Taelords aura gives +2 attack to all your other people. Imagine them with 4th Mass ... that would be a scary amount of firepower. However now the points costs have been revised it may well be balanced.

Tealord ... can make endless cups of tea for Belial to calm him down after the battle.

Mark.
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:06 PM

Another character.

Edit. Adjusted after comments. I agree 80 seemed a bit high considering movement.

Edit. Added correct card.

Last edited by b0neshank; April 9th, 2009 at 05:31 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards