Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 22nd, 2008, 01:21 AM

Darkco is surprisingly tart
What About a New Glyph for Throwing Melee Weapons!

What about a gyph who can give a chance to the poors guys with one range attack. A trowing melee weapon glyph. Like trowing a sword or an axe or a lance. Let say +2 or 3 hex what do you think of that. I a real combat it is realistic to see trowing melee weapon.

"Sorry for my English. I am French, but I am a huge fan of this forum."
Old November 22nd, 2008, 01:36 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: what about a new gyph for trowing melee weapon !

But if you threw your weapon how would you attack again...
Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:02 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I think you mean "throwing" Darkco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R ART0R1US
But if you threw your weapon how would you attack again...
Maybe think of it as a discarded weapon lying on the ground (like a spear maybe) and you use it once and done.

-insert signature here-
Old November 22nd, 2008, 03:04 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

I like the idea. It could be the "Glyph of Trowin". It gives non-ranged figures +3 to their range, but may only use it once. Then they place the spear under the figure it was used on. Well your at it, we should just make "Glyph of Trowin Fah" with a range of +8.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 07:21 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

What if the glyph gave melee weapons a 'magic beam' of sorts, like in Zelda. It could be -1 attack, but plus two range, and your choice to use it or not.

As for what they'd use if they threw their swords; fists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:33 AM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

How would this apply to the Shaolin Monks or Woo? They fight with their fists already the can't really throw anything.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:38 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
I like the idea. It could be the "Glyph of Trowin". It gives non-ranged figures +3 to their range, but may only use it once. Then they place the spear under the figure it was used on. Well your at it, we should just make "Glyph of Trowin Fah" with a range of +8.
I like it, Glyph of Trowin, actually sounds like something. Maybe make it a glyph you can pick-up and use later. Once you step on it you may place it on the army card of the unit that grabbed it. Then once for the game (instead of using an attack on the unit's card), one of the members of the unit can use it for one ranged attack (+3 range sounds right).

Glyph of Trowin Fah...

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; November 22nd, 2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:55 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pti88888888 View Post
How would this apply to the Shaolin Monks or Woo? They fight with their fists already the can't really throw anything.
That's why I like the concept of an energy beam of sorts shot from a melee weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 11:29 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
You never read a real Chinese Kungfu novel, right? People with at a very high level of martial art can attack from distance using the force created by their body part with internal energy!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Here's a tip: Don't be too literal in game with walking, talking robots, Greeks and Romans ON THE SAME TEAM, Orcs bonding with a troll and dragon THAT AREN'T FROM THEIR PLANET, ghosts that can be shot dead, cyber gorillas with blasters, evil aliens that breed like rabbits, and much, much more! I hope you didn't take that the wrong way........

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Cool Re: what about a new gyph for trowing melee weapon !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:

Here's a tip: Don't be too literal in game with walking, talking robots, Greeks and Romans ON THE SAME TEAM, Orcs bonding with a troll and dragon THAT AREN'T FROM THEIR PLANET, ghosts that can be shot dead, cyber gorillas with blasters, evil aliens that breed like rabbits, and much, much more! I hope you didn't take that the wrong way........

How about he made a valid point that a fist or a foot is not a melee "weapon" so his literal translation is 100% waranted?
Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:15 PM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

Or we could have a "terrain throwing special attack glyph!" Then even Shaolin monks could throw rocks or dirt clods or snowballs or whatever was on the ground.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion