Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 12th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Xn's Classic Customs - Ice Gaurdians

Index:
Agent Savage - Vydar
Azalon the Chosen - Varkil
Living Ballista - Ullar

Edit: I see my links are broken I'll fix them soon.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; April 6th, 2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Xn's Classic Customs - Agent Savage

So I picked up a few packs of Indy Clix the other day and I was really struck by how scapey that set feels. All those different Genres intermixed into a single (dirt cheap*) booster. So while I'm thinking all these Classic-Scape thoughts, I pull a Sydney Savage. Now I have no real interest in Danger Girl, so Ms. Savage seemed to be destined for the Box of Crappy Clix; that is if she wasn't wearing the perfect outfit to be a Nakita Agent hero.

Now, I know the card needs a little work as far as text alignment goes (my template is set up for a different card format), and both she, and Agent Rescue need better names, but I think I'm happy with the overall design. The point cost is a rough estimate at this point, but I think she should fall somewhere in the 70-90 range.

*I really don't get why these things are so cheap, they run for just over a buck, but I swear I pulled at least one 4+ dollar figure out of each of the ten packs I opened.

Last edited by Xn F M; October 23rd, 2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:36 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks good!

Old October 12th, 2010, 07:42 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I like her. She definitely has an agent hero feel to her.

On Agent Rescue, when it says "you cannot use Agent Rescue again this turn" whose turn do you mean since Agent Savage isn't using a turn to move and attack?

With Whip 12, an attack of 3, and defense of 4 she might be a tad more valuable than 85, but, get a second opinion since even after almost 2 years of making customs, pricing is still my weak area.

I hope since you reserved the second post that means we will be seeing more of your stuff.
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
I like her. She definitely has an agent hero feel to her.

On Agent Rescue, when it says "you cannot use Agent Rescue again this turn" whose turn do you mean since Agent Savage isn't using a turn to move and attack?
The short answer is that it's once per opposing army card's turn. Just like Smoke Powder.

The attacking figure's (or figures') turn. Using defense rolls as the trigger, that power could trigger 6+ times on your opponent's single OM*, and 3-4 times when squads are involved. I didn't want her to be able to make a whole bunch of attacks on your opponent's turns. So she can scoot around all over the place, but once she attacks, she has to wait the next turn your opponent attacks an Agent you control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
I hope since you reserved the second post that means we will be seeing more of your stuff.
That's the idea. I have a few figures hanging around that I'm interested in doing classic customs for, so when that happens I'll be moving Agent Savage into the second post, and posting an index in #1.

*Nilf or Zelrig with Greenscales, a hot DW8K, et c.)

edit: Methinks you snuck in a quick edit Lamaclown

As far as her points go, I agree that she may be over 85. I was origionally thinking that she might fall into the 100 or so range, but as a melee hero that supports a ranged army, who's "primary" special ability is countered by attacking her, I think that a little bit of a discount on her points brings her into the B- range.

Old October 12th, 2010, 08:10 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
The short answer is that it's once per opposing army card's turn. Just like Smoke Powder.

The attacking figure's (or figures') turn. Using defense rolls as the trigger, that power could trigger 6+ times on your opponent's single OM*, and 3-4 times when squads are involved. I didn't want her to be able to make a whole bunch of attacks on your opponent's turns. So she can scoot around all over the place, but once she attacks, she has to wait the next turn your opponent attacks an Agent you control.
Very good foresight on that, Xn.

Quote:

edit: Methinks you snuck in a quick edit Lamaclown
Ah, you caught me. I went to cross reference her with James Murphy and the Nakitas before I said anything about her cost.

Quote:
As far as her points go, I agree that she may be over 85. I was origionally thinking that she might fall into the 100 or so range, but as a melee hero that supports a ranged army, who's "primary" special ability is countered by attacking her, I think that a little bit of a discount on her points brings her into the B- range.
I was thinking maybe 90 or 95 so not much difference but what you say has merit.
Old October 18th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Gets It!!!

Re: Xn's Classic Customs - Azalon, the Chosen 10/17

W00t, both customs threads in one day!

I pulled a giant box of old Mageknight stuff out of storage this evening and I figured I'd play around a bit working on customs for some of the figures. Tonight, I have Azalon, the Chosen, who uses the Necropolis Judge figure from the Sinister expansion ($0.99 at Troll and Toad).

The card graphic and background are just placeholders until GreyOwl (or someone else) does a Varkil card frame and background. So please, take those with a grain of salt. I went with 150 as an initial price point because he felt pretty close to Cyprien w/o Sonya as far as power level goes. Unless I'm underestimating Darkbolt, which I feel I may be. I may change that power so that the OM removal only affects Unique Heroes. Keep in mind this is an early draft, and not a final product (neither is Agent Savage for that matter). Feel free to comment, critique, or engage in childish name-calling.

Edit: I could also use some help coming up with a gloomier name for the Wards ability.

Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
Gets It!!!

Re: Xn's Classic Customs - Ullar's Living Ballista 10/23

I know the image for this one isn't great, but I don't have a camera and there are very few pics of this figure out there. Re-doing this card is on my list of things to do when I get a camera. Anyway, the figure is a Mage Knight Conquest Living Ballista ($4-5)

The second draft of this card had a power that allowed it to ignore the special powers of Destructible Objects, however when I was putting the card together I realized that the fact that this guy is large allows him do break through Reinforced Defense, so I ditched that power. My fist instinct with this figure is to make him 100 points, however that just feels to low for something that can break open the Fortress Door at ten range. 120 felt too high (I don't think the Ballista is worth Kaemon Awa or a Fen Hydra), so I went down to 115, I think the odd point value should help to make it a little more difficult to just slot him in when you're the attacker in a castle siege.

Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Ballista:
He'd be a great piece for on top of the wall

I'd also drop the defense to 3 to help simulate his bulkiness. Tough is already there to show how durable he is. It may also e good to put the symbol on the card.

Lumbering happens to be a great and very balanced power. It still gives reason for taking DED.
For Azalon you could use Demonic Energies in place of wards.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Ballista:
He'd be a great piece for on top of the wall

I'd also drop the defense to 3 to help simulate his bulkiness. Tough is already there to show how durable he is. It may also e good to put the symbol on the card.

Lumbering happens to be a great and very balanced power. It still gives reason for taking DED.
For Azalon you could use Demonic Energies in place of wards.
Thanks for the comments Flamslayer, I hadn't thought of putting him inside a castle. The battlements would solve its normal line of sight issues (the figure's sculpt blocks its own line of sight in a few areas), but I'm not sure if a single normal attack of five at ten range is something to worry about. . .

Hmm . . . looking at the figure I'm not sure he can even fit onto a castle wall with battlements. I'm going to go ahead and get my rebased and I'll check back in the the results of that placement test.

I'll also update Azalon with the Demonic Energies power name, I like that much better than Wards. As far as general symbols go, I just haven't found any to put in. I'm sure I'll get them onto the cards eventually, I just need to find the images first.

Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Have you ever tried sticking DW9K onto a castle wall and attacking with him? Trust me, he causes havoc(and he has 3 less range). Imagine how strong it would be if he could out-range anything and fire a seriously powerful ranged attack at the opponent's designated door-killer.

For general symbols, you can use MSE.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:52 PM
Gets It!!!

I used to use MSE, but I feel like I'm getting better quality cards using GreyOwl's templates and assembling them in Photoshop.

So I've finished rebasing my Living Ballista and it just barely fits on two hexes with battlements on one side and the ends. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should make any adjustments based on that though. I think if you're buying a ranged unit just to wreak havoc from atop a castle wall, the Krav Maga Agents are the best choice. Three attacks of four at seven range is pretty snazzy and considering you can draft Laglor to boost their range up to nine they completely outshine the Living Ballista in that capacity for fewer points.

Azalon updated, added index to first post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards