Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 31st, 2014, 05:14 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Yeah, I think I'm in the same place with it. I used to trounce the AI on Hard, but in the last month or so they made some updates and beefed it up. I probably win about half the time as well.

For my group of friends it's the go to app when we have 15-20 minutes to kill.
Old October 31st, 2014, 06:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I have the trial version. I might try that game some more. I didn't like how much that "Center Row" feature can sometimes skew the game towards one player.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 31st, 2014, 07:58 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That and the draw order of your deck are the two big unknown factors. But they are also what give the game a ton of replay value. There's plenty of room within the constraints for strategy. Its my favorite deck building game right now because of how fast it plays compared to DC and Marvel Legendary, and it allows you to directly attack the other player(s).
Old October 31st, 2014, 09:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I enjoy the app, but the free version is plenty for me. I'm not competitive enough to win more than two thirds of the time there anyway.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 31st, 2014, 11:41 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I play the free version of Star Realms on my wife's phone since I can't get it on the Kindle. But other games I play on the Kindle are Elder Signs Omens, Carcassonne, Nueroshima Hex, and Summoner Wars. Im looking at possibly getting Sentinels of the Multiverse, Suburbia, Ticket to Ride, and Small World.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old November 1st, 2014, 12:02 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I enjoy the app, but the free version is plenty for me. I'm not competitive enough to win more than two thirds of the time there anyway.
It took many, many plays before I saw my game start to get better. I don't think KidScaper wants to play with me any more, because last time we took it out I beat him 3 out of 3. It used to be that a win was pretty rare.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 1st, 2014, 09:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I'm definitely getting a better idea of what cards go together well, etc. Getting cards that let you draw more cards, getting some of the better bases/6+ point cards as soon as you can, and getting a red card that lets you scrap the basic cards early all seem important to being competitive.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 1st, 2014, 10:28 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes. As in Ascension, you also have to relate what's out to what's in your deck, which can steer you in different directions. Trash abilities are important, too.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 1st, 2014, 10:44 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Trash abilities are crucial in my experience.

My sister is in town for a week, so we will get in a few games a day hopefully. Started out easy with a couple of games of Bohnanza, then two games of Magic Labyrinth. Starting Mice & Mystics now.
Old November 1st, 2014, 11:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool that you are getting M&M going G-O, I have to get that back to the table. Got kind of burnt out of it after playtesting it for over a year between Heart of Glorm and Downwood Tales expansions, but have been done since spring, so I'm getting the itch to get back into it.

This morning I played a solo game of Snowdonia. It's a real cool worker placement game set in 1894 where players represent work gangs providing labor for construction companies that are building the Snowdon Mountain Railway in Wales.

Basically you are working your way up the mountain, clearing rubble, laying track and building stations along the way. There are various contract cards you can (need) to get that can not only offer VP's for certain accomplishments (amount of rubble cleared, number of tracks laid, number of buildings built and combinations of those, as well as other things), but also they offer one time special abilities than can help you and/or hurt others.

You are also all working against an AI construction company that at the end of each round has an opportunity to do some of the work that you need to do, sometimes it's helpful but generally it's denying players points for certain actions they wanted to do. There is also a variable weather mechanic that is great and make every game different and you can see what's coming 2 days away. It can be sunny to allow for more clearing of rubble or track laying, or it can be rainy and lower the amount of work that can be done, it can be foggy and cancel any rubble clearing or track laying. It can be sunny for 3 days in a row, foggy for 3 days in a row, rainy for 3 days in a row or any combination of the three.

I've played it with 3P and 4P, but have also been playing it solo 5 times. It has solo rules where each time you get to control a different train (there are 7 of them) and you try to beat your previous score working against the AI of the game. Each train has different abilities and some can give you an extra worker by paying coal for it. During the multiplayer game, 6 of the 7 trains are available for purchase, but players can only own one at a time, but can buy one and return the one they had if they want. Very glad to have gotten this game.

Edit: Played 2 more times 11/2/14

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; November 2nd, 2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old November 1st, 2014, 02:29 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played a 5-player game of Cash n' Guns last night. I managed to win mostly because I convinced everyone else that my father-in-law was in the lead.
Old November 1st, 2014, 02:34 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just finished Mice & Mystics followed by Krosmaster: Arena. Hoping to teach my sister Panamax or Five Tribes later today.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games