Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 15th, 2018, 05:10 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
@keglo 2-player Scythe is good with the Automa deck. There is an app (Scythekick) that makes Automa even easier, but I like having the deck. I have used it to run 2 Automa in a solo game, and the app works well.
Awesome! That is great to know @Gurei-Ornery . Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
@keglo

Seems like it can be good with 2 players after all. That’s cool! I just hadn't had that experience and didn't want to say it was good if I hadn't tried it. I just knew that as with Concordia on bigger maps, there can be less competition in certain aspects of the game because of so much openess. But there are other things to do and compete for to apparently make it still good. That's great, and then you still have a nice game that you can always add more players to and get different experiences.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Now, I am going to have to go find some dimensions for that Scythe board. In the videos it looks huge, even without the extension. I have to make sure it will fit on my table.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 15th, 2018, 05:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
@keglo 2-player Scythe is good with the Automa deck. There is an app (Scythekick) that makes Automa even easier, but I like having the deck. I have used it to run 2 Automa in a solo game, and the app works well.
Awesome! That is great to know @Gurei-Ornery . Thanks!

Quote:
@keglo

Seems like it can be good with 2 players after all. That’s cool! I just hadn't had that experience and didn't want to say it was good if I hadn't tried it. I just knew that as with Concordia on bigger maps, there can be less competition in certain aspects of the game because of so much openess. But there are other things to do and compete for to apparently make it still good. That's great, and then you still have a nice game that you can always add more players to and get different experiences.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Now, I am going to have to go find some dimensions for that Scythe board. In the videos it looks huge, even without the extension. I have to make sure it will fit on my table.

It's not too huge really, when my daughters and I played, we played on a table that is 3x4 in my basement. When I play with bigger numbers of people, I bust out my 6x4 table and play on the backside of the board with the extension.

There is also the 2 boards each player has as well as money and resources. But like I said, we managed on a 3x4 table.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 15th, 2018, 09:07 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
It's not too huge really, when my daughters and I played, we played on a table that is 3x4 in my basement. When I play with bigger numbers of people, I bust out my 6x4 table and play on the backside of the board with the extension.

There is also the 2 boards each player has as well as money and resources. But like I said, we managed on a 3x4 table.
Oh good. It is not as big as I thought then. My table should be fine. Thank you again!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 16th, 2018, 01:11 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Oh good. It is not as big as I thought then. My table should be fine. Thank you again!
Glad to help

Old January 16th, 2018, 08:02 AM
Prickly Cactus

Last night at game night I played:

Keyper - This is the latest in the Key-series, which began with Keyflower. My friend Brian has them all and wanted to get this new one to the table. It's pretty beefy in decisions and there is a lot of player interaction as well. There are a TON of wooden components, and the game has way too much going on for me to even begin to explain it, so you can check out the link to its BGG entry if you like. I came in second place with 93 points. Brian (game owner) had 104, while Ryan had 84 and the other Brian had 83. I gave a little shout of happiness when the scores were announced (there is a lot of adding at the end), because this old man beat Ryan, a late 20's year-old that just got back from a week in Japan vacation over the New Year. He likes to bust my balls about being an old guy and is amazed I'm still awake after 9pm etc. It's all playful and has been our thing for about 5 years, but it makes it even sweeter when I beat him in a heavier game that he's busting my balls during. Ha!

Batman Love Letter - Actually, we started out with this game since Ryan and I were waiting for Brian to show up with Keyper, as we had already said we were interested in playing it when he asked on our group's FB page. We had Teddy and Decatur join us since they hadn't gotten in a game yet. Hadn't played it in a while, though I keep it in my game bag just in case. Ryan won, then me and then Decatur and Teddy tied for 3rd.

Old January 16th, 2018, 10:09 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Have now played multiplayer Star Trek Ascendancy with the soft Borg entry, and a first two player with them as well (after three solo games, each with a different faction). Looking forward to a hard entry ("Delta Quadrant Connection") with the multiplayer format. The Borg act correctly as Borg in the various format variations so far. We could use a few rules clarifications from the publisher eventually to nail them down.

Also had a great time with my first solitaire of 878 Vikings. This is a fine game. The Vikings won with their last attack, but only had an army (Bjorn Ironside's) of one Norseman and one Berserker left! Whew.

Last edited by chas; January 22nd, 2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old January 19th, 2018, 11:07 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

While I was in Jamaica this year, besides the ubiquitous Dominoes, I managed to subject my friend Irv to a few games of
Onitama.

As I had plenty of time in soloing the game, he generally lost, but he liked the game enough to play it more than once.

Old January 19th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Prickly Cactus

I've only played Onitama once and liked it. The thing that kept me from buying it, is that I already have several 2 player only games and it's tough to get many of them played, as most of my gaming is 3+ players, or solo.

Old January 19th, 2018, 11:29 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've seen this one and since two players is common in my home I may have to look into it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 19th, 2018, 01:58 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Got in some Timelines, which is a great filler game, and Red Dragon Inn, which is way more fun than I expected. Also played some Star Realms, which I've fallen in love with, and Pandemic: the Cure (dice game). That was while we were iced in on Tuesday.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old January 19th, 2018, 06:56 PM

This might be the wrong thread but I am super excited. I have just ordered Scythe, Blood Rage, and Five Tribes, and the Crossroads expansion for Kingdom Builder. With Amazon Prime I won't have to wait too long either.

It's almost too much. I don't know where to start. That's a lot of rules to learn. I'm sorry if I sound silly but I don't have a bazillion games setting on my shelf, so I'm super stoked

Old January 19th, 2018, 07:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Got in some Timelines, which is a great filler game, and Red Dragon Inn, which is way more fun than I expected. Also played some Star Realms, which I've fallen in love with, and Pandemic: the Cure (dice game). That was while we were iced in on Tuesday.
I've played Timelines a couple times a while ago, it's a nice filler. Never have played Red Dragon Inn, but have played Star Realms and Pandemic: The Cure once each I believe and liked them.

Quote:
This might be the wrong thread but I am super excited. I have just ordered Scythe, Blood Rage, and Five Tribes, and the Crossroads expansion for Kingdom Builder. With Amazon Prime I won't have to wait too long either.

It's almost too much. I don't know where to start. That's a lot of rules to learn. I'm sorry if I sound silly but I don't have a bazillion games setting on my shelf, so I'm super stoked
Oh boy! Keglo has got the bug now

I think you made some very solid choices there Kegs. Seems like you've done your research and have gotten a nice variety there and all quality games too. Congrats!

Does the wife know?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games