Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 19th, 2017, 12:19 PM

TIM0THY is surprisingly tart
Fyorlag Spiders Proxy Figures

I've been looking around for some decent proxy figures for the Fyorlag Spiders. I came across the Reaper Giant Spider figure, #77025. It looks like a great sculpt for those figures, but I'm worried that it's too big. Is there anyone here who has used these and can offer some input on whether they would be too big to stand in as Fyorlag Spiders?

Here's a link to a page with a photo of one next to another figure for size reference. The problem is, I'm not sure how big the other figure in the photo is.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.ph...-giant-spider/

I'd really like for these to work because the sculpt seems like such a good fit and they're really affordable on Ebay right now. But if they're too big I think that will be a deal killer.
Old April 19th, 2017, 12:37 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Fyorlag Spiders Proxy Figures

Yes it is too big.

In the "Group Shot" photo - you can see the Giant Spider with a Knight and a Wolf/Fox. The Knight is Heroscape scale and the Fyorlags are closer in size to the Wolf/Fox.
Old April 19th, 2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Yes it is too big.

In the "Group Shot" photo - you can see the Giant Spider with a Knight and a Wolf/Fox. The Knight is Heroscape scale and the Fyorlags are closer in size to the Wolf/Fox.
I figured as much. But I thought I'd ask around on the off chance I misjudged.

I just found these vermin spiders from the same company. Any chance they're smaller?

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rpr77126.html
Old April 19th, 2017, 01:16 PM

Oh- These spiders from WizKids look like they might work well. Very affordable. The page says they're on a 25 mm base. What size are HS bases?

http://wizkids.com/dnd-unpainted/
Old April 19th, 2017, 01:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

There are some spiders I picked up using a tutorial I think by @Lygard. It gave a bucket of Halloween spiders that are the exact size as fyorlag's but don't have a base. Bases for Heroscape are closer to 28mm to 30mm. 25 mm is what dnd bases are and I actually prefer those anyways, especially if you want to use them for grid based games as well. I don't get excited about rebasing dnd figures to HS bases anymore. I only rebase heroclix because I wont play heroclix and I think the bases look awful. I'll post pics of the ones I got. I don't think I ever finished basing the things.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 19th, 2017, 01:49 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The Wizkids unpainted looks like a great option - $3.59 for 3 figures with unique sculpts including bases that are roughly not only the same size but also look remarkably similar to the Heroscape counterpart - just spraypaint and then paint/dip the head separately. More expensive than the Halloween spiders I got on discount On November 1, but already comes based and a lot better quality then flimsy plastic decorations.

Old April 20th, 2017, 02:19 PM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

I have purchased these figures and their legs are really thin but they are not attached to the bases so I will simply put them on Heroscape bases after I paint them... During this summer I intend to paint them and use them in trades if there are individuals who are not painters. I do not have any original fyorlags so I can't speak of closeness in size but they seem about small compared to other figures.
Old April 21st, 2017, 02:19 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

very cool, I just use ngrubs, he he

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion