Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Notices

Old June 5th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Single Hex Volcano Custom Tutorial

There is the best (which is difficult to make), and there is the acceptable (a bit easier to make). I went with a design that is easy enough for even you to make, and you don't have to invest much in the products required either, or alter any of your official Scape stuff.
Old June 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

This should help:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Are you guys talking about finding stuff to mod slightly (train set type things) or are you talking about make from scratch?
It would be both actually. I am interested in terrain that can be found easily and bought at an affordable price, and also terrain that can be easily made without too much skill or time. Of course I am not against a member creating a tutorial on how to make a very complex terrain either, or a tutorial on where to buy a very expensive terrain. Basically, nothing is "off the table" for us. We simply create a huge data base for others to draw from for actual C3G Book Designs. It would be at that point that the Heroes can decide what to use and what not to use. I imagine a data base with hundreds of tutorials that never get chosen, but a dozen or so that are chosen and fully designed by C3G. We simply create the ammo, C3G decides whether or not to shoot it.
Old June 5th, 2011, 03:32 PM

So Bats, your critiques can be part of your selection process. If you don't like a terrain piece, don't choose to design it.

The only way this terrain or any terrain we make will be seen by the world or be part of the C3G family is if one of us chooses it and starts a Design thread for it.
Old June 5th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

One thing I don't like here is the grey looks too light compared to the Lava tile. But other than that it looks awesome.
Old June 5th, 2011, 04:04 PM

I agree. I didn't have a darker gray, but I may buy one and fix it. Or I could mix the gray with some black, but I didn't want to complicate the tutorial.
Old June 5th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I agree. I didn't have a darker gray, but I may buy one and fix it. Or I could mix the gray with some black, but I didn't want to complicate the tutorial.
I think if you just used the correct shade of grey, people could figure out how to get the color either by mixing or buying.
Old June 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM

OK, I can do that later tonight.
Old June 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for refining the goals of this project for me a bit here. Clearly I didn't have a full grasp on it before.
I doubt I'll be steering away from designing any characters any time soon, and when I do it'll likely be in favor of doing DOs based on items I already have and don't need to do any custom work on, but I'll keep the stuff you guys create in mind.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 5th, 2011, 04:38 PM

It would be great in the terrain thread if you could post a list of the items you have and are interested in. Then I can see what I can do for ya.

Also, I feel kinda bad about not giving you what you want out of this volcano, so I think I will give an additional tutorial (kind of a step further option) on how to make an interlocking Hex base.
Old June 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

To get the interlocking like bats is suggesting, what about if you made a bottom to it then pressed it down in the middle of 6 water pieces connected in a circle (hex actually). You know like a 7 hex piece tile but with the middle hex missing. Haven't worked with sculpey so I can't say if this would work or not.

Cheers
Old June 5th, 2011, 05:31 PM

That may work. The biggest problem is when you press the Sculpey into something, removing it from the mold without it stretching and changing shape.
Old June 5th, 2011, 05:31 PM

Cutting out a bunch of paper hexes and then pasting them all together works great for creating a "Water tile". I have done that before.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers