Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 23rd, 2010, 11:07 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: mac122 - Star Wars-Mechs-HALO - Grunts Painted - 3/17

Back to Mechwarrior for 2 new cards: Summoner - a Thor Mech - and Pathfinder - a Stinger Mech.

Need help on the point cost. I wanted to make a Mech that covered all the range bases, especially as a close-up brawler. I'm just not sure if I've priced him correctly.

Pathfinder is a lightly-armed Recon Mech. He's designed to move in quickly and mark a target for others to destroy. I'd like to know what you think about NARC Beacon. Since in the Mechwarrior Universe, a NARC Beacon would highlight the targeted Mech on everybody's radar, I thought about letting it eliminate the need for clear sight shot. Then I thought only for Missile attacks since energy weapons couldn't "lob" over an obstacle. Then I realized it wouldn't be too realistic to allow someone to shoot over a high castle wall or past the edge of a tall cliff and settled on the additional attack die. I figured the beacon would allow the targeting systems to be more accurate and deadly.
I'm also debating whether to lower the attack to 2. I gave it 3 to have a better chance of attaching a beacon then balanced that with the "Lightly Armed" ability so it couldn't do much damage. Since Pathfinder has speed and would be able to get to high ground quickly for a better shot, 3 could quickly turn to 4 which seems high. Thoughts?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 24th, 2010, 09:40 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: mac122 - Star Wars-Mechs-HALO - 2 New Mechs 3/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
My first ever painted minis. Recently, I found the HALO board game at Toys R Us on clearance. The game came with 15 figures that are a good size match for Heroscape. Unfortunately, the figures were unpainted plastic - some green, some blue, some grey, and some purple. I've base coated all of them in silver-black or silver-dark grey. Tonight, I finished up the 3 grunts. Below is a pic of an unpainted grunt and a pic of the 3 grunt squad. I've still got a lot to learn about getting the really small details, but I'd say they aren't a bad for the first time painting minis

You know, I saw this same set at a TJ Maxx for like $10 or $12. I almost picked it up but wasn't exactly sure of the scale. Now I wish I had.

You did a good job painting the figs, especially since it was the first time you did it. Kudos.
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:36 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the compliment, Lamaclown! I finished the two Brutes the other day, but haven't posted the pics yet. Started on the Marines, but I screwed up the colors for the uniforms.

It might be worth a trip to TRU, if you have one in your area. It was a few weeks ago I found the set, but they had a ton of them - may still be some left.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:56 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment, Lamaclown! I finished the two Brutes the other day, but haven't posted the pics yet. Started on the Marines, but I screwed up the colors for the uniforms.

It might be worth a trip to TRU, if you have one in your area. It was a few weeks ago I found the set, but they had a ton of them - may still be some left.
Wow Its ironic I was always wondering what would happen if WOTC teamed up with Bungee for Heroscape. Are you going to create powers for your Halo customs? That would be very interesting

Great job on the painting
I gotta see the others.

Master Chief has just been voted as the new Sgt. Drake! Woot for Microsoft!

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
Quote:

Wow Its ironic I was always wondering what would happen if WOTC teamed up with Bungee for Heroscape. Are you going to create powers for your Halo customs? That would be very interesting

Great job on the painting
I gotta see the others.

Master Chief has just been voted as the new Sgt. Drake! Woot for Microsoft!
Thanks for the compliment! I will probably make some cards in the future, but for now there are several other 'Scapers out there with some good cards:
Samurai Lord and General Grievous13
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=27441
Oraln
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=28340
Cryoprime
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=27466

I'm sure there are more.
Thanks again!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old March 25th, 2010, 11:13 PM

Re: mac122 - Star Wars-Mechs-HALO - Painted Brutes 3/25

Here are the painted Brutes. I couldn't find images that matched the armor and weapons configuration, so my paint scheme is an amalgamation of several different brute pics.

I'm working on the Marines now, but I sorta screwed up the base uniform color and have to start over.

BTW - if you have a Toys R Us in your area and want to paint your own figures, you might still find the game for about $11 - one near my work still had about 6 in stock.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:56 AM

Re: mac122 - Star Wars-Mechs-HALO - Painted Brute figs 3/25

Okay, back to Star Wars. Just adding a card for some Star Wars minis that I don't think anyone else has done - hard to believe that GreyOwl hasn't!

Rocket Battle Droids
I got these from Auggie's for, I think, 19 cents apiece to use as battle droids. They look different enough that I decided to make a card for them. I think they've only been in one episode of Clone Wars. To give credit where credit is due, I used the base stats and class, personality, etc. from GreyOwl's Battle Droids card (also tried to match the background and panel colors to GO's standard). The Rocket Battle Droids are basically the same as a standard battle droid with the added bonus of a fusion cutter, searchlight, and rocket pack. I thought it would be cool to use the searchlight to nullify the defense gained from a shadow tile. Their fusion cutter would give them a little extra advatage versus vehicles and droids (soulborgs, mechs, etc.). And, well, they're "rocket" battle droids, so, they need to be able to fly. Point cost, as usual, is where I need a little help. I started with the points on GO's Battle Droids - 40 for a 3 unit squad. Right off the bat, adding the fourth unit would bump the cost to 50-55. I think the mobility gained from Flying puts it up to around 75-80. Then adding the limited bonuses from Searchlight and Fusion cutter, I settled on 90 to start. Too low? Too high? Thoughts?

One other thought I had was to replace flying with a "drop" something like the Airborne Elite. I can picture these guys jumping out of a droid landing ship at altitude and using their rockets to slow their decent. If I made this change, I think their price would come down 10-15 points. Any thoughts on this?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; April 2nd, 2010 at 12:58 AM. Reason: poor typing
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:10 AM

Re: mac122 - Star Wars-Mechs-HALO - 4th Mass & 10th Reg prox

Here are some proxies for the 4th Mass and 10th Regiment using Star Wars Minis Duros Scouts. Stats and abilities are the same - just renamed the squads. Almost every time someone talks about playtesting, these two squads are mentioned. I don't have them and rarely see them for sale - when they are they are too much for my gaming budget. I got the Duros Scouts cheap (12 for $1.50) so now I have proxies for up to 3 squads of either 4th or 10th.

EDIT - 100th Post! Woo-hoo!!! Hey...I thought there'd be cake...or balloons...

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; April 3rd, 2010 at 01:12 AM. Reason: 100th post
Old April 26th, 2010, 04:01 PM

dfonse is surprisingly tart

This is cool but I think foe reactor Breach larger figures should either deal more damage or have a higher chance of harming others like 10 or higher instead of 15.
Old April 26th, 2010, 04:10 PM

dfonse is surprisingly tart
Re: mac122's customs

This is cool but for the sniper his range should be higher. I mean DED has 10 rang and he has a freakin' musket. A laser sniper should out range him. Also, if you lower the attack you could add an ability like the omnicrons to iinflict more wounds.
Old April 26th, 2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfonse View Post
This is cool but I think foe reactor Breach larger figures should either deal more damage or have a higher chance of harming others like 10 or higher instead of 15.
That's a good idea. I think lowering the die roll for the larger ones would be a better way. I don't want it to be too powerful, just something that an opponent would have to keep in mind when going in for the kill.

Quote:
This is cool but for the sniper his range should be higher. I mean DED has 10 rang and he has a freakin' musket. A laser sniper should out range him. Also, if you lower the attack you could add an ability like the omnicrons to iinflict more wounds.
Are you referring to Sev? He's got 7 range for his normal attack, a bit higher than the other commandos, and then he has the Sniper Special that can deal two unblockable hits at a range up to 10. I could see bumping that up a couple or lowering the die roll needed. If I add multiple-attacks, I think I would make it if Sev hits with his Sniper Special, he may attack one additional time, or something like that. When I get a chance, I'll look at some of the other long-range shooters and see what they've got for abilities.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you liked them.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM

Project Pokemon has taken up so much time, I've neglected my own customs. Finally took some time to work on a card template for my Mechwarrior customs. Here's the first card, a revamp of my Seka Ward Mad Cat. I've dropped the Seka Ward name and the Unique Hero classification in favor of Uncommon Hero. I plan to add cards for pilots, vehicles, and additional weapons in the near future.

Timberwolf, Mad Cat Mk II

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards