Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 27th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
The Book of Creeper

The Book of Creeper

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 2
CREATURES AND CREEPERS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Justice League set.
Its model number and name are #003 / Creeper.

Character Bio - Jack Ryder is a former Gotham City television talk show host fired due to his outspoken nature. Finding employment in network security, he attempts to rescue a scientist named Dr. Yatz whom mobsters have kidnapped in order to obtain his newest discoveries. The chief mobster hosts a masquerade party at his mansion. To gain entry, Ryder improvises a costume from yellow tights and facial make-up designed to look like skin, a green wig and trunks, and red gloves, boots, and furry cloak. Ryder locates Yatz inside, but the mobsters detect him and open fire, wounding Ryder. Yatz injects Ryder with a serum and implants a device in his wound. The serum confers the power to almost instantly heal any wound and grants Ryder enhanced strength and agility. The device, used with its activator, causes the costume to disappear, leaving Ryder naked. Yatz inadvertently leaves the activator out of the wound, but does not realize this until after the tissues had healed. At this point, the mobsters find their victims again, this time killing Yatz. Ryder discovers that with the activator, he can regain the wild costume whenever he wishes. With it, a crazy laugh and his enhanced physical abilities, he has no trouble routing the crooks.

The eventual revision of The Creeper's origin eliminated the serum and claims that the scientist surgically implanted two devices (some accounts claim a single device with two effects) that enhance Ryder's physical abilities and can recreate an object whose "imprint" is stored in its circuitry. The scientist performs this surgery to save Ryder's life after criminals he was investigating attacked and drugged him. Because the scientist is unaware of the drugs in Ryder's system he inadvertently recorded their "imprint" at the same time he recorded the "imprint" of the costume. Thus the device that recreates Ryder's costume when he becomes The Creeper also recreates the drugs in his system, explaining the Creeper's odd personality. These drugs so overwhelm Ryder's system that their effect becomes cumulative and the Creeper gradually becomes more irrational. When the Creeper changes back to Jack Ryder, the drugs disappear and with them, the psychosis. Eventually, Ryder comes to believe that he and the Creeper are two entirely different people instead of two roles played by the same man; he also holds this belief in his Creeper persona, which becomes increasingly disdainful of "Jack Ryder." The Creeper once regained his rationality while bound by Wonder Woman's magic lasso, but the implications of this have never been explored.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Stealth Leap wording update
25 January 2021 - Points dropped from 125 to 120 for Interloper army building.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:25 PM. Reason: png
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Creeper: Brainstorming Phase

NAME = CREEPER
SECRET IDENTITY = JACK RYDER

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INTERLOPER
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 120

PROGRESSIVE PSYCHOSIS
Before taking a turn with Creeper, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-5, place an orange Insanity Marker on this card. Add one die to Creeper's normal attack for each Insanity Marker on this card. After placing a fourth Insanity Marker on this card, choose an opponent to take control of Creeper. Creeper's turn immediately ends. Remove all Insanity Markers and Order Markers from this card, then give this card to the chosen opponent.

STEALTH LEAP 25
Instead of his normal move, Creeper may move up to 3 spaces with Stealth Leap. When moving with Stealth Leap, Creeper has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 25 levels in a single leap, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks when he starts to leap.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Creeper, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

SUPER STRENGTH

Spoiler Alert!

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by IAmBatman; March 20th, 2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Another Insane figure - what does that say about you?
I haven't designed an insane figure yet. This is my first of many to come
Old September 27th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

From DC Comic Database it looks like he should have a Healing Factor special power and maybe a Pain Induced Laugh Special Attack or Maniacal Laugh Special Attack.

6 seems a little high for him as he seems like he's just punching people. Sure it says superstrength, but I can't see him being like Colossus strong or Wonder Woman Strong. Perhaps an attack of 5 might be a little better.

I don't know how much of a badass he's supposed to be in the comics as I have never heard of him until this thread. So ignore me if I'm off base with my comments.

If you bump his defense to 4, then between that and his move of 7 getting him to good position (either height or getting a first attack and climbing), that might be enough to represent his agility, as well as having 5 lives. So you might be able to lose Stealth Dodge.

If you get rid of Stealth Dodge, I would think you can fit in Healing Factor power since it at least seems pretty iconic for him on the DC database. You could also give him maybe a Maniacal Laugh Special Attack of 3 with a range of all figures within 2 clear sight spaces of him.

I think the Progressive Psychosis looks kind of neat, I don't know how iconic it is, but if it is, then it looks cool.

So just my 2 cents here,

Life 5
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4
Cost?

Progressive Psychosis

Maniacal Laugh Special Attack

Healing Factor

Super Strength

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 27th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Or you could go with a special power:

I LAUGH 'TIL YOU HURT
Instead of attacking, roll the 20-sided die for each figure within two spaces of Creeper, one at a time. If you roll 14 or higher, the figure receives one wound.

just spitballin'

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 11th, 2016, 12:19 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Umm, the marker is missing a color:
Quote:
PROGRESSIVE PSYCHOSIS
Before taking a turn with Creeper, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-5, place an orange Insanity Marker on this card. Add one die to Creeper's normal attack for each Insanity Marker on this card. After placing a fourth Insanity Marker on this card, choose an opponent to take control of Creeper. Creeper's turn immediately ends. Remove all Insanity Markers and Order Markers from this card, then give this card to the chosen opponent.
I want with orange basing off of the marker.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old March 11th, 2016, 02:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Umm, the marker is missing a color:
Quote:
PROGRESSIVE PSYCHOSIS
I want with orange basing off of the marker.
The Marker thread has it listed as both orange and brown so Orange here is good.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 27th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Tickle Pickle

The more time he spends in his suit as Creeper, the more insane he gets, that was the idea of Progressive Psychosis.

I agree a Healing Factor and Special Attack are need, I didn't look at the DC database cause I couldn't find it from the DC website. All my info came from Wikipedia.
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't see his Attack being higher than Spider-Man's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some random thoughts ...

1) Any chance on convincing you to change the class to Interloper (I could see some future Outsider synergies around that class). Basically, an Interloper is someone who sticks their nose in where it doesn't belong - an Outsider trying to get inside.

2) I'm glad we made the Healing Factor change - that was going to be a suggestion of mine as well. But look at the wording on Deathstroke to make sure you're consistent.

3) Some thoughts on jazzing up Progressive Psychosis and his special attack:

PROGRESSIVE PSYCHOSIS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, before taking a turn with Creeper, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5 place an Insanity Marker on this card. After placing a fourth Insanity Marker on this card, choose an opponent. That opponent now controls Creeper. Remove any Insanity Markers and Order Markers on this card, then give the card to that opponent.

MANIACAL LAUGH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 0 + special.
When attacking with Maniacal Laugh, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit. Add one die to Creeper's Maniacal Laugh Special Attack for each Insanity Marker on this card.

I figure that progressive insanity first helping him attack more savagely, then ultimately acting as his undoing might be a good way to go here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 27th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
PROGRESSIVE PSYCHOSIS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, before taking a turn with Creeper, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5 place an Insanity Marker on this card. After placing a fourth Insanity Marker on this card, choose an opponent. That opponent now controls Creeper. Remove any Insanity Markers and Order Markers on this card, then give the card to that opponent.
I like this a lot! But how about making him Hulk-lite instead of the Maniacal Laugh?

When The Creeper attacks using a normal attack, he receives one extra attack die for each Insanity Marker on this Army Card.

P.S. I like the first comic art the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd like to see Creeper with some sort of movement based power. Something to represent his incredible climbing or leaping.

Otherwise, I really like where Bats took Creeper. I'm starting to think markers are getting a bit out of hand, but in this case, I really like the mechanic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library