Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 19th, 2009, 05:43 PM

spacemonkeymafia has disabled reputation
Re: Arcane Legions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkeymafia View Post
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you are asking that if you put some Roman figures on the base of the first picture you posted instead of the green undead guys, would there be any mechanical change to the unit? I would say technically no. The figures on the card are a tracking mechanism that determines the current stats of that unit. It shouldn't matter if you have those green undead guys on that unit base, roman figures, or simple pushpins (as Sturm indicated in his playtest post).

Thank you. That answers part of the question. Let me rephrase it this way. In the Egyptian unit there are zombie things with spears and some with swords. On another unity I thought I saw some archers. Does the weapon of the figure matter, or are all commons equal?
Ah, now I see what you mean. I have not come across any info to definitively help with that question. My assumption is that the two different zombie sculpts are just different poses for the same unit figures (like common HS units- different unique poses for all the units on the same army card). I can't see that those differing zombie units would actually have differing stats or a unique power based on whether they had a spear or khopesh. It would really bog the game down if you had to keep track not only of the stats of the cards as you remove/rearrange figures but then to also keep track of another card depending on if a certain sculpt was removed from play or placed in a particular spot (on top of any leader effect the special figure adds).
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:06 PM

Madshadow Woo who?

[quote=KevinWC;825064
Thank you. That answers part of the question. Let me rephrase it this way. In the Egyptian unit there are zombie things with spears and some with swords. On another unity I thought I saw some archers. Does the weapon of the figure matter, or are all commons equal?[/quote]

When you first put your figures onto the base unit they have to be configured with the exact figures in the exact set starting position. After that any of the figs can be moved around on the unit to any position. The position they occupy on the base will dictate what special abilities they pick up at that point.
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:14 PM

Madshadow Woo who?

I just discovered this forum and thread today, so to honor the largest thread on the net about Arcane Legions I give you an exclusive. Just the final proof of a print ad, nothing too fancy, but posted only here (for now)

Old May 19th, 2009, 07:30 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

So can we take it you may have something to do with this game Madshadow?
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:35 PM

Madshadow Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
You would be correct there. Just looking at my profile will tell you that I am the "Online Marketing Manager" for Wells Expeditions
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madshadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWC View Post
Thank you. That answers part of the question. Let me rephrase it this way. In the Egyptian unit there are zombie things with spears and some with swords. On another unity I thought I saw some archers. Does the weapon of the figure matter, or are all commons equal?
When you first put your figures onto the base unit they have to be configured with the exact figures in the exact set starting position. After that any of the figs can be moved around on the unit to any position. The position they occupy on the base will dictate what special abilities they pick up at that point.
Good to see you made it, Mark! Now I don't need to pretend to know what I'm talking about . What about the "leader" looking figures, one in white and one in blue, do they enhance a unit? can a unit play without one? when they are placed on the base, do they have something unique to the figure or is the blue figure-ess the same as the white figure-ess?

Thanks for the marketing piece. I like the styling of the Army box. Will the back of the box indicate the exact contents with actual figure photos or be more art with general content indications?
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:32 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madshadow View Post
Quote:
You would be correct there. Just looking at my profile will tell you that I am the "Online Marketing Manager" for Wells Expeditions
Well welcome to our humble little community here...you picked a good one to show up in...most of these folks here have a severe disorder when it comes to buying too much stuff.

I can't wait to try the game...if it plays well I may buy a second set to play, and another one to turn into Descent customs...the figs look great and I can't wait to give this a whirl.
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
I won it, but I just don't remember seeing scale....cool, these may work!!!!
The scale is 25mm per the designers. Of course, the odd troll or other beastie will be a bit larger.

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:43 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

I just posted a "this is strikingly similar to some other games" post over on BBG with a mention of Heroscape:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/409098

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old May 24th, 2009, 07:52 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

I have one small, insignificant complaint, from what I've seen until today: color of the bases. while the red ones are near-ok as they are, the blue ones catch the eye more than the minis on it. the use of less bright colors would be advisable. the best would be using colors appropriate for ground, to distinguish between armies (brown and green).
anyway, this is just a small complaint, I'm really looking forward for this game.
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:22 AM

A new update on how the movement and ranged rules work were posted on the new facebook site:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arcane...ns/97069005457

looking pretty cool, can't wait to see what news comes out of Origins.
Old June 29th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Thought I would throw this out for all to see.

http://www.robotviking.com/2009/06/a...-game-changer/

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures