Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:02 AM

Adam has disabled reputation
Is Aldin the official "greeter?"

I searched to see if there was already a topic, but got no results so don't hurt me if theres already a topic.

Aldin, I'm relatively new (no need to greet me, i think you already did) but i've been around long enough to see that you always greet people.
And you always greet them with a "Laurel and hearty handshake"

Sooooooooo. . . . why did he start? or was he asked to do it? or is he posessed by a freindly demon?

WARDEN 816~~The GRIM RAPERBOT
Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:12 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
It is a tradition in this community to give new members a friendly welcome. Aldin has been an awesome ambassador at this.

We need to get him some sort of badge. Hmmm, perhaps a uniform?

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:17 AM

geddy lifeson has disabled reputation
Thanks ninth, posting my Halloween costume months in advance.

You can surrender without a prayer, but never really pray without surrender
You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win without a fight
Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:37 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
*chuckle*

I appointed myself because I hated the idea of anybody new falling through the cracks, so as a sorta new year's resolution I decided I would greet everyone. The laurel and a hearty handshake reference I stole from a buddy of mine who greeted people on an old Arcanum board. He, in turn, stole it from Blazing Saddles, a Mel Brooks movie.

After a few weeks of greetings, Cavalier recommended a new title for me (I used to be "Pat", having made a certain gender neutral comment after an internet gender violation of unspecified nature - please forgive me, bunjee ) and a week or two after that I awoke to find myself at least semi-official, though no admins have ever contacted me in regard to my greetings.

And I am loving it! I love ferreting out people who register and then don't make their first post until three weeks later. I love trying to devise clever ways to recognize unique things about someone. I love having people try to beat me to a greeting or tease me about a greeting. I love meeting new people who share the same interests as I do.

This is a great site and I am deeply indebted to Truth for giving me such a spiffy stomping ground to call my own.

~Aldin, who EDIT apparently has been /EDIT caught dead in that outfit

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:22 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Aldin you defenitily need that uniform! Ninthdoc does that uniform come with any expansion?
Old February 23rd, 2007, 07:46 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Aldin's got a lot of love to share, huh?

I've had interests in other forums sites and joined without receiving a hullo or handshake. It's not necessary for me to be acknowledged, but
it makes all the difference knowing someone recognizes a new person and goes out of their way to affirm them into their community.
And it helps to wipe that "elitist" poop silly, offended monkeys tend to fling when their dander is up.
I appreciate Aldin's hard work and commitment to welcoming the newly joined.

By the way, the NorCal gaming group has a great mascot because of Aldin!

~HeH, cheerlingly
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Aldin, I, too, appreciate what you do around here.

H_E_H, I love the Kikkoman general...he's saucy!
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:57 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Count me in as another Aldin greeting fan. I'm tempted to put on fake glasses w/big rubber nose and join under a different name so I can get my greeting.

What really impresses me, though, is that Aldin's greetings aren't cut-and-paste jobs. Each greeting is unique and pertinent to the topic under discussion.

-David
Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:56 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
One of these days Aldin is going to have the laurel snatched from his hand and receive a beating with it. Be careful out there Aldin.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:04 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
It is a tradition in this community to give new members a friendly welcome. Aldin has been an awesome ambassador at this.

We need to get him some sort of badge. Hmmm, perhaps a uniform?

Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Laurel and hearty... I JUST GOT THAT!

Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think Aldin may just get a little pissed at me when he notices his "new" avatar ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online