Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old March 26th, 2009, 11:15 AM

Q9 Kid Woo who?
Question: Shooting Over a Void?

So when I play heroscape this question usually comes up. Can you shoot over a void? Say there is an AE on one side and a tarn on the other side. Inbetween them there is an empty void. Can he shoot across it? The figure is in his rang if you count across the void but not if you don't count across the void I say no but everyone I play with says yes. What is the answer???

Old March 26th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question

It curves around the void and you must count those spaces that it must curve through.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 26th, 2009, 11:19 AM

Q9 Kid Woo who?

That's what I thought.

Old March 26th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
It curves around the void and you must count those spaces that it must curve through.
Yup! Heroscape physics

~Aldin, begging the lob-sters to stay away

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 26th, 2009, 11:23 AM

Q9 Kid Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Yup! Heroscape physics

Old March 26th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

As answered above, but you could always use a map specific rule that the non-tiled part of the map is a "bottomless pit" or something, so range is counted normally across it and/or flight over it is permitted.
Old March 26th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I'll admit that for some maps we play the "pit" rule--allowing shooting and flying over dead zones (fun games!), but those are map-specific rules. Normally those spaces are totally out of play.
Old March 26th, 2009, 11:58 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yeah but...

-insert signature here-
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Yeah but...
NO! BAD!
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:11 PM

Fizziii knows what's in an order marker Fizziii knows what's in an order marker

Does it count as staying away if I post to say that I'm staying away?

This is a rule that I've played wrong before. (I had Q10 on the marvel wall and there was a void on the other side of it... oops)
Old March 26th, 2009, 01:34 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

I believe Mimring's infamous Fire Line was ruled (some time ago) to be able to go through gaps or voids caused by empty space. That would be the only exception.
Old March 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
I believe Mimring's infamous Fire Line was ruled (some time ago) to be able to go through gaps or voids caused by empty space. That would be the only exception.

Where? When?

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's