Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old December 1st, 2021, 07:18 PM

Joecrazy3193 is surprisingly tart
Re: Workshop Thread

Bloodbath BLVD <=== Download HSC.

PDF <=== Download

This is a response to FLASH 19 from his Notes.
These are are my findings from playtesting

I playtested the map and played with various types of Teams.

The main change I applied last minute to the map before playtesting was making the exterior glyphs Summoning glyphs which in all three games were used be each player and helped each other reach a goal to either grab an opponent or save an ally.

Majority of the battles were on either by the summoning glyph near or on the height by the edges of the map and near and around the center of the Gerda Glyph.

If either of you are interested im curious to know how you would play on this map and test it yourself. All three games were heated and Fun never felt unjust because of imbalance that the map presented only imbalance was due to player skill and which teams were brought. Range armies won, Melee Armies won, and yes Mirming was able to hit an opponent in turn one. but, it didn't dominate the game. The player was able to lock down Mirming fast and eliminate him. All around solid and close games were held. I do not have a mass amount of doubles to test out huge armies so, hopefully one or two of you could try it out.

I'd like to get one more review before a full Submission would be prefered.

I'm Not Crazy I'm Joecrazy

Last edited by Joecrazy3193; December 9th, 2021 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Switched IMG, PDF and .HSC Because of Glyph Change
Old December 1st, 2021, 07:47 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@Joecrazy3193 do you have a downloadable PDF? that'll be a lot easier to access quickly

Also, is the above your official re-submission that you'd like us to vote on for review or are you asking for more workshopping first?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 6th, 2021, 11:20 PM

@Sir Heroscape and @Flash19 Since you both helped me workshop this Map. Wanted to Thank you Both for your Guidance with this Process. Is there anything else I should look out for or add to the post before making Bloodbath BLVD a Full submission for Review?

Old December 7th, 2021, 01:20 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Typically you don't want the same glyph on the map. Having 2 Dagmar's in theory allows each player to have it, but if both players have it, then nobody really has a bonus do they? Additionally, if one army is able to control both, then it's an extreme bonus. So I'd suggest a different glyph. The position of the glyphs is also very much to the advantage of the nearby startzone. Typically you won't glyphs equidistant in order to make both contestable and to avoid imbalance for matchups. So I'd suggest trying to move the glyphs back a bit so they're still on the edge but in the center of the edge, if that makes sense?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 8th, 2021, 01:57 AM

My mistake I realised that Dagmar was not what I intended. The Summoning Glyph is what I playtested with. Even with the Summoning Glyph would your statement stand when it comes to having 2 of the Same Glyph as well as to move the glyphs? and if so, i had to move them should I move them adjacent to the height?

Last edited by Joecrazy3193; December 9th, 2021 at 12:51 PM.
Old January 6th, 2022, 04:58 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
Request for Workshopping:
DRAGON'S TEETH
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Hey gang, first off I want to thank you for taking the time to review my submission. I've made some revisions while still keeping the bones of the map. I'm aware that it's still rather flat, and that there's still a lot of unused terrain, but I want to maintain the frigid aesthetic if possible. Please let me know if you like or dislike any of the changes

Old January 6th, 2022, 07:06 PM

Those changes look significantly better...nothing blaring stands out atm

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 6th, 2022, 07:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Very cool! I like it.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 7th, 2022, 11:15 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Is there a hex below the power glyphs?
Old January 7th, 2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Is there a hex below the power glyphs?
Good catch, yeah that looks weird.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 7th, 2022, 11:44 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There are ice tiles below the power glyphs, I left them out for the screenshots because the glyphs appear to hover over the half-tiles and it bothers me lol

The ice tiles below still exist in the pdf build. And agreed- good catch!

Last edited by AndreThaGiant; January 7th, 2022 at 12:14 PM.
Old January 7th, 2022, 02:25 PM

My only suggestion (after a little more inspection) would actually be to move the water next to the lvl4 height and switch it with the ice under the glyph. Since glyphs stop movement anyway, water is always good for throwing under a glyph. I think by replacing with ice, you'll allow at lot more freedom of movement for units trying to contest the glyphs from the center, or grabbing them end of round. The only issue is it's hard to traverse that lvl 4 height from the glyphs side....so maybe shift the snow a bit on that lvl 4 to allow somone from the glyph side to be able to get up on level 3 as a way to contest the height.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla