Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 3rd, 2016, 04:24 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
@SpriteMichaeler Arcadia Quest is a lot of fun. I have the base game and expansion. It's definitely best suited for a campaign instead of one off games, but it's a great mix of PVE/PVE
This game has piqued my curiosity. Have you guys played Mice and Mystics? This seems like a step up from that, but comparable. Is it still possible to get the base game? To late pledge on Inferno?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 4th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

My other two Kickstarters are finally kicking into production, and should be available in March/April:

1. Mare Nostrum Empires (Academy Games) whose rules I've been helping to edit..
Looks like Mare Nostrum Empires won't be shipping until the end of April.

Hope this timetable is legit this time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 4th, 2016, 01:37 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Some good news about Mare Nostrum Empires:

1. The rules translation into English is much, much better than it would have been now, thanks to lots of work by many other backer editors (with a few saves by yours truly).

2. The unit minis on yesterday's KS Update look terrific! Hail Atlantis!

3. Hey, its February already.
Old February 4th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Good work on the editing Chas

Minis and dice look good. Though the pink ones are a butt ugly color. I would have expected more purple than pink. Hopefully they look better in person.

Old February 4th, 2016, 10:34 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
@SpriteMichaeler Arcadia Quest is a lot of fun. I have the base game and expansion. It's definitely best suited for a campaign instead of one off games, but it's a great mix of PVE/PVE
This game has piqued my curiosity. Have you guys played Mice and Mystics? This seems like a step up from that, but comparable. Is it still possible to get the base game? To late pledge on Inferno?
We're currently playing through Mice and Mystics campaign right now. We're ~6-7 missions in. In M&M, you're paying for the story. It comes with about a dozen models for $65. I'd liken it more towards a fully co-op Imperial Assault. No GM, 4 players, multiple linked missions. It's long and pretty good.

I don't know how Arcadia Quest works, but the rule book says it has a branching campaign of like 9 missions. It definitely seems like a much shorter campaign. I bought it mostly for the Skirmish mode, which is something completely unique. I just ordered the original AQ on Amazon last night since I couldn't find a trade. Will report back tomorrow when it arrives.

You can probably late pledge still for Inferno. Their pledge name is appropriate: It's a hell of a deal. I don't know if I would have paid $100 without all of the stretch goals, however it now comes with like 76 models. It's a much better value for your dollar than the original.
Old February 4th, 2016, 09:47 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I have backed
. It looks like a fun game to play with my kids. They like "tower defense" games on their ipods so hopefully this translates well in this boardgame.
Old February 5th, 2016, 10:50 AM

igelkott is surprisingly tart

Quote:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

The Walking Dead: All Out War Kickstarter is now live.
This is from Mantic who did Mars Attacks, DeadZone, Kings of War, and several other extremely successful KSs. Looking forward to seeing more of the ruleset.
Huhhhh? They're making Michonne a KS Exclusive? Are they looney? One of the most popular characters in the show..... No one is going to buy this once it hits retail once they find out they can never get her.
Old February 5th, 2016, 01:00 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by igelkott View Post
Quote:

This is from Mantic who did Mars Attacks, DeadZone, Kings of War, and several other extremely successful KSs. Looking forward to seeing more of the ruleset.
Huhhhh? They're making Michonne a KS Exclusive? Are they looney? One of the most popular characters in the show..... No one is going to buy this once it hits retail once they find out they can never get her.
This is one of the worst kickstarter campaigns I'vre ever seen. They banking on the IP bringing in money, and it worked. There isn't great value to pledging early for this game. You get like 15 minis for $90. They also don't have reviews or gameplay video! As far as I'm concerned, this is vaporware which I'll buy when it goes on clearance.
Old February 5th, 2016, 01:42 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I was so excited for it, too. Walking Dead and Invincible are still the only two comics I read regularly (I read some Spider-man related stuff, but not since the reboot again. )

It was cool to see the comic getting some love like this, most merchandise is about the tv show. Sad that I've lost all interest.
Old February 19th, 2016, 09:37 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

THIS IS IT, BY CROM!

This morning's KS update announced completed production and included photos of the components for the Age of Conan: Adventures In Hyboria Expansion. If they approve everything, next week we'll get shipping and reception dates. All righty.
Old February 19th, 2016, 01:11 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpriteMichaeler View Post
Quote:
Quote:

This is one of the worst kickstarter campaigns I'vre ever seen. They banking on the IP bringing in money, and it worked. There isn't great value to pledging early for this game. You get like 15 minis for $90. They also don't have reviews or gameplay video! As far as I'm concerned, this is vaporware which I'll buy when it goes on clearance.
I've played the print and play and it is pretty good. They are open to make changes based on feedback in this forum: http://vb.manticforum.com/forum/mant...sting-feedback

You can read it to get a feel for what people actually playing the game think. On the question of value, I agree it may not be worth it right now, but by the end it might.
Old February 19th, 2016, 07:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpriteMichaeler View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I've played the print and play and it is pretty good. They are open to make changes based on feedback in this forum: http://vb.manticforum.com/forum/mant...sting-feedback

You can read it to get a feel for what people actually playing the game think. On the question of value, I agree it may not be worth it right now, but by the end it might.
After watching the Beasts of War video play through, I thought it looked cooler than I had expected. I like how it's 1v1 with survivors, yet the zombies are an element that affect both sides.

Haven't looked into it enough, but I would imagine that it could maybe be like X-Wing in the sense that you could have more than one player per side, as long as the points were the same. I could even see perhaps a campaign of sort. Or joining forces vs big group of walkers.

Wish I had the money for it, but spent a lot on Gloomhaven, Scythe, Mare Nostrum Empires, and The Great War Tanks expansion. Also, got wave one of Mercs Recon about 4 weeks ago and am needing some game money put towards paint for painting them up. Love this game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games