Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 22nd, 2018, 12:28 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nitro (Public Playtesting)

Just my opinion, but I find lowering points is always an attractive solution. It wasn’t always the case, but I’ve learned that if you can shave points rather than slightly beef up specials/stats to meet a higher point cost, it means that figure will likely see more play time and are less pressured to consistently perform really well. Now, that said, 170-200 isn’t a giant difference.

If you’re looking for something to bump up his value, really it’s just his inability to survive longer that I see as his weakest aspect, so a defense of 5 or a life of 6 would be an ideal change if you go that route.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 01:41 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Ok cool, I suppose my preference is to find a way to bump his cost to the 200s. I believe thematically that is where he belongs, but if i'm alone on that or getting him there would make him too swingy or whatever than I could settle for 170 range.
Curious to know why you feel he should be a 200 point unit. When I think 200 points in C3G I think Black Panther, Kraven, Bug, Conan, Killer Croc & Lizard. I don't know Nitro all that well but that is some pretty beefy company.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:55 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I could be a little off but his explosion covered miles when he set it off in Stamford and he goes toe to toe with Penance (who just went toe to toe with Doctor Doom) and he forced many heroes like Spidey and Ironman to beat him in creative ways because he was so dangerous. If you guys think 170 is appropriate and that it’s in his best interest to cost that then I’m fine with it.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 12:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
I could be a little off but his explosion covered miles when he set it off in Stamford and he goes toe to toe with Penance (who just went toe to toe with Doctor Doom) and he forced many heroes like Spidey and Ironman to beat him in creative ways because he was so dangerous. If you guys think 170 is appropriate and that it’s in his best interest to cost that then I’m fine with it.
The Stamford was a one off explosion which is essentially him fully powered and then he was done. Giving him that kind of effect in Heroscape would have to be a once a game activation and then he was destroyed since he doesn't typically blow him self up multiple times in a single battle, which is what a Heroscape battle is suppose to represent. I understand that a figure with one attack per game isn't worth the effort so we bent the theme a little. The thing is, as he is now he could be worth more than 200 if he rolls well for his explosion and by pushing him up so that he's higher more consistently means that his top end is even higher which could cause a reaction of pushing his cost up even more out of fear of what he CAN do rather the what he typically does.

Having a figure go through reevaluation later sucks so we tend to err on the side of caution. worrying about point cost should be a lesser concern to draft-abilty, and fun. Comparing prices for figures you think he should beat is not a good practice...most figures have a weakness and if a lesser costed figure can leverage that weakness it doesn't mean that either one is costed wrong.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 12:29 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds good, I'll have to get my tests in after I finish up Hela but if you guys think our next tests should be run at 170 points then I can update the SP.
Old February 4th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

If I have time this week, I'll try to run a couple extra games here at the adjusted cost. Not sure if I'll be able to fit it in, though.
Old February 4th, 2018, 09:45 PM

Thank you @Ronin . I have been trying to steal time and test this guy. I had to work this weekend and between that, my kids, and school, I haven’t had time. Late weekend nights is about all the time I get but that’s a no go when I have work early. I’ll get some tests in too though as I don’t want to be an LD who doesn’t test his own design!
Old February 10th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Ran a third game with Nitro at 170. Pretty decent showing for him, but one issue did come up during the game - was it intentional that Dispersed is worded to avoid adjacent attacks? If that was deliberate, when was it introduced and did the CRB sign off on it?

Because that leads to the awkward situation that for some armies, Nitro is unkillable as long as he keeps winning initiative. He can just always explode on his turn and then he can't be hit until the start of his next turn, when he explodes again.
Old February 10th, 2018, 03:08 PM

I believe that was intentional but I don't think we got any comments from the CRB on it.
Old February 10th, 2018, 03:10 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Yeah if he is supposed to be immune to all attacks that's a problem. Though if the 'that requires clear sight' bit applies to the attack portion than he wouldn't actually be immune to melee attacks with the current wording anyway.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 10th, 2018, 03:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I played it that he couldn't be attacked with melee attacks.
Old February 10th, 2018, 03:12 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Yeah if he is supposed to be immune to all attacks that's a problem. Though if the 'that requires clear sight' bit applies to the attack portion than he wouldn't actually be immune to melee attacks with the current wording anyway.
I was about to comment that exact thing, but it also says he can never be engaged....

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library