Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Cheer Up Heroscapers!~NEWS FLASH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl
Quote:
I just wanted to post a quick note to all the folks out there who are overly upset about Hasbro/WotC pulling the plug on Heroscape:

Cheer up! Do you really think Heroscape is dead? Seriously? Sure, it's dead as far as Hasbro is concerned but the last time I looked Hasbro wasn't the only company out there that makes games. Fans of the game need to start looking at the big picture. Honestly!

In the last 72 hours I have had two representatives of game companies inform me that they are in the midst of negotiations to purchase the rights to Heroscape, and have been for at least the last thirty days. From my understanding there are no fewer than four companies actively engaged, with others having sent out (or are currently sending out) feelers.

And when I say "representatives" I'm not talking about someone who once designed the box art on some obscure release but the individuals who would sign their name on the dotted line for their respective company to pull the trigger; of the two, one conversation was face to face and the other was in the midst of a Skype call. We're doing our best to get this on the record and I promise if we can, we'll be sharing it forthwith. Yet we're talking about business negotiations and, until a deal is done, you'd be hard pressed (in any industry) to get someone on the record when talks at the current stage.

On our upcoming show Monday, November 8th, we're going to devote a nice chunk of time to what's currently going on with Heroscape. I'm not promising a huge scoop or to name any names; we don't have a dog in this fight and we're not the type of guys who are going to destroy relationships we've already built in the industry over a game we aren't personally tied to. If we can tell you who's involved we will but if we can't get it cleared with the companies first? We won't. Rest assured, we will talk honestly about what lays ahead for the franchise and what fans need to realistically do to ensure that the game doesn't just fade away into the sunset.

We'll call it as we see it and I'm sure some folks who enjoy Heroscape will understand and like what we have to say and others will want to begin lining up with the torches and pitchforks.

Here's hoping you'll stop by to give a listen!

Jeff McAleer
www.thegaminggang.com

Tune in Monday! Podcast This is where I believe it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff McAleer
I did swing by yesterday to take a peek at Heroscapers, since we suddenly had a lot of traffic heading over to our site from here due to the repost of my comments over on BGG. I was going to leave a quick note when I got a call from my partner on the website and podcast that we had an audio issue with our our original recording and had to completely rerecord the entire thing. So at 1am PST we got to work on it once again. I'm currently working on the editing of the show (which can be a monster in itself) and I'm hoping to have the program up, at least on the website - iTunes takes a bit longer to pick up the feed, by sometime around 6pm PST.

That being said I do want to point out that I've seen some comments on this particular thread alluding to The Gaming Gang making some sort of big announcement on the show. I never stated that. Here are my exact words from my OP at BGG:

"On our upcoming show Monday, November 8th, we're going to devote a nice chunk of time to what's currently going on with Heroscape. I'm not promising a huge scoop or to name any names; we don't have a dog in this fight and we're not the type of guys who are going to destroy relationships we've already built in the industry over a game we aren't personally tied to. If we can tell you who's involved we will but if we can't get it cleared with the companies first? We won't. Rest assured, we will talk honestly about what lays ahead for the franchise and what fans need to realistically do to ensure that the game doesn't just fade away into the sunset."

I'd hate to have people come by to give a listen with the expectations we have a bombshell up our sleeves- that we're ready to drop - because we don't! We have left a few hints for people if they want to take time out to look at the big picture and think with their heads as opposed to their hearts. I will share this though, I have not seen either company that we know are making a run at Heroscape mentioned either in this thread or over on the original thread at BGG. Think bigger and look at who owns what in the board gaming industry and how you buy games outside of a big box retailer.

I'd write a bit more but I've got editing to finish up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff McAleer on thegaminggang site
Slight Delay on Today’s Podcast

Everything was going swimmingly for today’s podcast and Elliott was going to handle the editing duties again when he gave me a call at 1am PST letting me know that there were huge issues with my audio portion of the show we recorded yesterday. So we had to scramble first thing this morning to rerecord the podcast. I’m currently working on the editing myself but won’ t realistically expect the program to be posted until some time later today – most likely around 6pm PST.
PODCAST-
Can Heroscape Be Saved?

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Last edited by xraine69; November 8th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old November 6th, 2010, 12:33 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Cheer Up Heroscapers!

Wow, that was much faster than I would have thought.

Who needs soap operas when you have this much drama with Heroscape!

Not get our hopes up too much because you never really know what the end result would be. Yet, this would be classified as good news in my books.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old November 6th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

XRaine69, if I could hug you right now, I most definitely would. This will have to do for now:

I actually don't know any amazing names in the miniatures industry, but, according to a lot of people, Fantasy Flight is pretty great. So here's hoping Fantasy Flight can get that license!!
Old November 6th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This better not be someone jerking us around...

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 6th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just gave it, it's own thread. quozl gets credit for the find.

Old November 6th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
I just gave it, it's own thread. quozl gets credit for the find.
Lets hope they get the original design team.

GO quozl

ymf
Old November 6th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Scenariographer

Just speculation, but could this be why WotC annonced the discontinuation? Because they were in negotiations to sell the rights???

Old November 6th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Just speculation, but could this be why WotC annonced the discontinuation? Because they were in negotiations to sell the rights???
This actually sounds exactly why they did it. They figured (ha, pun) that if they couldn't make enough money off of it, they would sell it to someone they probably thought wouldn't be able to handle it. Thus, they would get a nice sum of money, and they wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.

Of course, as you said, this is just speculation.

P.S. Quozl, you rock!!
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Before anyone explodes - as it has been said before, Hasbro clings to their games - Being in negotiation is nowhere close to having actually made a deal.

That said, I'm happy that there is movement, especially this quick.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:07 PM

Mnygaard is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Before anyone explodes - as it has been said before, Hasbro clings to their games - Being in negotiation is nowhere close to having actually made a deal.

That said, I'm happy that there is movement, especially this quick.
All the more reason to push Hasbro/WotC to bring it back or pass it on!

I've written to the US Hasbro HQ AND the Danish/Nordic HQ just to make sure.

Garden of Athena book 1: Dogs of Hades out now!
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:14 PM

freudianslip27 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Cheer Up Heroscapers!~NEWS FLASH!

Yes! What fantastic news

I think that we the fans need to do everything we can to show these companies how much we love it. Once it is public who is thinking about purchasing, we can be sending hex's and nice letters to them.

They know people love it, but by writing letters and such it will further show what a valuable license it is

Matt
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Cheer Up Heroscapers!~NEWS FLASH!

If what the post says is true, I think that not only speaks to how solid the game is as a whole, but also how badly other companies think WoTC screwed up in producing it.

They obviously think that with the right plan and care that the product can be solid...companies don't rush out to try and buy something that people don't think would be profitable.

Good news all around.

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News