Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 19th, 2006, 09:19 PM

jrz55 has disabled reputation
Which expansion should I get?

Basically the topic but should I get the Ice, Lava, Road, or Castle expansion? Which is the best for the money?

[off-topic]Yes I'm new here.
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:22 PM

Wulfebane is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
All of them

at least 2 of each, I would recommend 3 of Ice and Road, and maybe a 3rd castle, but I have seen many impressive creations with just 2 sets.

And welcome to the boards

Old September 19th, 2006, 09:23 PM

krai Woo who?
Road i feel is one of the best sets some other scapers may say otherwise but i go road welcome to the boards

The first step to stoping egomainia is admiting that I have a problem...
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Lava is right out until you have doubles or triples of the others. Castles are the most fun, but you NEED road. I'd say road or castle for sure, but preferably road. I'm spent.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Road

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:29 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
ditto

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:30 PM

I can only spare enough money for one of those. (Parents will only let me get one...) So either Castle or Road? But the Road doesn't include many hexes, so I don't know if I wanna get that one.
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
You should go in this order:

Road (The basis for HS terrain Expansions. Almost as important as the MS for a newbie player.)
Castle (Immensly fun [I havn't played one yet, but I would assume] and quite useful in most scenarios.)
Lava/Ice (Good to have, but not necessary.)
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:40 PM

So why exactly is the Road Expansion so good? It doesn't have very many pieces.

Thanks for all the replies so quick though guys.
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:40 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
trees; walls...5 hex bridge..cheaper than castle...even on sale some places right now...and trees make board come alive

Old September 19th, 2006, 09:45 PM

Okay. But wouldn't Castle be a better deal?
Old September 19th, 2006, 10:08 PM

well, there is no doubt that the castle is a great value...and you could make road maps without making a castle with it..the biggest differences are the trees and the price.

Here is a thread of people picking up Road set for 11 bucks:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=2400

You can't go wrong either way...I guess it is a matter of funds and availability.

I still like having those trees though

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion