Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Which expansion should I load up on (post if u think more than 1)?
Archers and Kyrie 1 2.63%
Zombie Horde 32 84.21%
Shades and Orcs 3 7.89%
None of the above 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 11th, 2007, 09:13 PM

davidc has disabled reputation
Which is best expansion to buy >1 of?

I'm new to Heroscape (actually, I'm buying it for my son for Christmas ). Amazon is having an amazing sale on some of the expansions and I'd like to go ahead and stock up. Which of these, if any, should I buy more than 1 of?

Shades and Orcs
Zombie Horde
Archers and Kyrie

Thanks!
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I voted Zombies, but Orcs are a close second. Two squads of Heavy Gruts go great with Grimnak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:22 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Grab 2 of the shades because at $5.99 each you can't beat that...but zombies are better (and more fun) the more you have.
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:22 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
I voted for the Zombies, but at Amazon's current pricing, my real answer is "all the ones on sale."

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the boards!
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:42 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Which is best expansion to buy >1 of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidc
I'm new to Heroscape (actually, I'm buying it for my son for Christmas ). Amazon is having an amazing sale on some of the expansions and I'd like to go ahead and stock up. Which of these, if any, should I buy more than 1 of?

Shades and Orcs
Zombie Horde
Archers and Kyrie

Thanks!
Short answer: Zombies

Long answer: It depends on what else is in your/your son's collection.

What do you have so far?

If, for example, you have the ROTV masterset, the Heavy Gruts work well with
Grimnak, an Orc Champion from ROTV.
Old December 11th, 2007, 10:27 PM

Re: Which is best expansion to buy >1 of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weirdscaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidc

Shades and Orcs
Zombie Horde
Archers and Kyrie

Thanks!
Short answer: Zombies

Long answer: It depends on what else is in your/your son's collection.

What do you have so far?

If, for example, you have the ROTV masterset, the Heavy Gruts work well with
Grimnak, an Orc Champion from ROTV.
I ordered:

ROTV masterset
SotM masterset
Heroes of Barrenspur
1 Shades and Orcs
1 Zombie Horde
1 Archers and Kyrie

What will work well with these?
Old December 11th, 2007, 10:29 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
All scapers must play with a horde of zombies. It just must be done.

However, from a gameplay perspective, many Tagawa Archers are good.

Shades are ineffectual in one squad. You need two. With two you stand a MUCH greater chance of taking over a hero.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old December 11th, 2007, 11:27 PM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation
You bought ALL THAT for your son? Does he have any other scape? I want you to be my father!!!

Edit: If you are going to order more, I would order the Gruts and Shades. 1 pack of Zombies is as good as 3 hundred in my opinion.

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old December 11th, 2007, 11:29 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscaperHuh
You bought ALL THAT for your son? Does he have any other scape? I want you to be my father!!!

So does your Dad.

It's a joke people...sheeesh
Old December 12th, 2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscaperHuh

Edit: If you are going to order more, I would order the Gruts and Shades. 1 pack of Zombies is as good as 3 hundred in my opinion.
Giving it to my son is just a great excuse for me to get to play. Plus I got amazing deals on all these. Total of $75-80 for all this.
Old December 12th, 2007, 01:48 AM

Elshar is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I picked up four of each myself. I figure between my brother, my son, friends, and my wife (hopefully) all playing, cant really hurt. Picked up a few SotM's as well for the extra terrain. After building a few maps, I realize I really need some more roads and water tiles, though. Is RotV the only one that has water tiles?
Old December 12th, 2007, 07:36 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
I voted for zombies but I agree with Sherman Davies. Buy them all that sale is just too good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion