Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 28th, 2006, 10:05 AM

Shield_Rhino has disabled reputation
Nikita Agents Adgacent Attack

2 Questions based on the special attack when oppnents enter adjacent space.

1. Is it a 20 sided dice throw for each nikita agent that the opponents figure has entered an adjacent space for? ie enters space surrounded by 3 Nikita agents... is it a roll per agent.. or just once as a group

2. Is that rolled as soon as they move into that space or after their attack?

Thanks
Phil
Old September 28th, 2006, 10:20 AM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
each one gets a shot and it happens a soon as they are adjacent

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:17 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Re: Nikita Agents Adgacent Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield_Rhino
1. Is it a 20 sided dice throw for each nikita agent that the opponents figure has entered an adjacent space for? ie enters space surrounded by 3 Nikita agents... is it a roll per agent.. or just once as a group

2. Is that rolled as soon as they move into that space or after their attack?
1. This is an unusual case, but yes, one roll for each.
2. Immediately. This means that the Nakita may be able to kill the figure before it even gets to make an attack. Note, though, that the opponent's figure may even continue moving, but the roll has to happen first.

Okay, let's look at the text:
Engagement Strike 15
If an opponent’s small or medium figure moves adjacent to a Nakita Agent, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the opponent’s figure receives a wound. Figures may only be targeted as they move into engagement with a Nakita Agent.

Any time an opponents figure moves adjacent to any one of the Nakita Agents, this power is triggered. So for each Nakita agent that the figure moves adjacent to, you get to roll the d20.
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Okay - that raises some questions in my mind, does the power activate if:

1) Jotun throws someone adjacent to NA?
2) Theracus transports someone adjacent to NA?
3) AE drop adjacent to NA?

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin

~Aldin
1) I would say YES
2) I would say YES (stoopid Theracus..)
3) NO AE can't drop adjacent to figures

* Also note The Engagement Strike is only good on small and medium figures.
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:37 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
3) NO AE can't drop adjacent to figures
*Aldin slaps his head*

DOH! I knew that...

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:43 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin

~Aldin
I don't think they would get the roll in any of those cases since the figures did not move themselves. I think that if it says when a figure moves, it only happens if they are moving that figure during that figure's turn (with the exception of Ninja Disappearing moves and Deathreavers Scatter moves, thsoe would still draw the Nakita attack)

Also, I don't think the AE can drop adjacent to any figures (including other AE)

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:51 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Ninja can't stop dissapearing adjacent to a enemy fig

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:14 PM

So Theracus and lavaboy might be answers to the NA? Interesting.

~Aldin

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV

I don't think they would get the roll in any of those cases since the figures did not move themselves. I think that if it says when a figure moves, it only happens if they are moving that figure during that figure's turn (with the exception of Ninja Disappearing moves and Deathreavers Scatter moves, thsoe would still draw the Nakita attack)

Also, I don't think the AE can drop adjacent to any figures (including other AE)
I still think a thrown figure could get the engagement strike. It's just too much fun not to attempt to throw a hero, roll for possible throwing damage, and then roll for possible Engagement Strike.

Note The Ninja would not be able to move adjacent to any enemy figure with disappearing.
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:48 PM

<sports announcer>
Jotun winds up, he looks for a signal from the Nakita Agents. I tell you, Jotun's stuff has been great today and Finn just doesn't look like he's gonna be a challenging throw for the gentle giant. Now he has the signal and he throws Finn _right into the middle_ of them! It's a slaughter, I've never seen anything like it - what a throw, what a hit!
</sports announcer>

~Aldin

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 28th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Emeritus Admin

SPLAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's