Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old November 8th, 2010, 04:50 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Horned Skull Brutes

The Book of Horned Skull Brutes
Moltenclaw's Invasion - Collection D3 (13) - "Bugbears & Orcs"

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check The Heroscapers Gallery for stats and special powers, plus
"character biography" and other non-game unit info.
Character Bio: These goblins are adept at running into battle and causing mayhem. They will toss their fellow goblins under the sword rather than take the damage themselves, but they are also able to whip friendly figures around in order to take their place in melee combat. No matter what, they are a terror on the battlefield and they can destroy a well planned out strategy with just one order marker. (Adapted from the Guru's front-page preview)

Q. BARGE INTO BATTLE : "Friendly" figures vs. figures "you control":
BARGE INTO BATTLE may displace any "friendly" figure. Does this include figures controlled by a teammate?
A. Yes.

Q. BARGE INTO BATTLE : "Is it time to barge yet??" :
When using BARGE INTO BATTLE, should each Horned Skull Brute move and displace a friendly figure before the next one begins its movement, or should the entire squad move before using BARGE INTO BATTLE?
A. After revealing an order marker on any army card, the unit gets a turn with a Movement phase followed by an Attack phase. BIB happens after the Movement of all 3, before the Attack. After revealing an Order Marker on the Horned Skull Brutes, 3 should move, then those 3 may use BIB, then those 3 may attack.
Q. OHH: Wait, what?
A. Just read it again. I promise, it makes sense.

Q. EXPENDABLE RABBLE vs. LIFE DRAIN: This isn't what I ordered!
If a figure with the LIFE DRAIN special ability (such as Cyprien Esenwein) wounds a Horned Skull Brute, does activating EXPENDABLE RABBLE deny the attacking figure the opportunity to remove a wound marker for LIFE DRAIN?
A. Yes. The HSB's card instructs the player of the defending Skull Brutes to "destroy" the Goblin Cutter, not the attacking player. Since the attacker technically is not the one destroying the figure, the attacking vampire does not get to remove a wound marker for LIFE DRAIN.

Synergy Benefits Received
GOBLIN CUTTERS : EXPENDABLE RABBLE
As Small Goblins, the Goblin Cutters may aid the Horned Skull Brutes with their EXPENDABLE RABBLE self-preservation tactic.
Synergy Benefits Offered
N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Horned Skull Brutes Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Horned Skull Brutes-what's your army idea?

Power Rankings
Jexik: Horned Skull Brutes- They've got some solid stats, with or without the cutters. They'd be pretty sweet in a team tourney. B+

OEAO: B+

Cleon: Tier 6 (105/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B+
Unit Strategy Review
TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 15th, 2019 at 09:46 PM. Reason: vc added
Old November 8th, 2010, 04:52 PM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of the Horned Skull Brutes

As always, suggestions are helpful. There isn't much for these guys, but if there are any major clarifications I didn't see, please let me know and I'll add them in. They are the most interesting part of the Books, IMHO.

Thanks.

~Spite
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:20 PM

Wabikishko is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

For barge into battle do you have to barge all at the same time before attacking, or do you do it one at a time, barge then attack, then the next one and so on.

Things are always subject to change.
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabikishko View Post
For barge into battle do you have to barge all at the same time before attacking, or do you do it one at a time, barge then attack, then the next one and so on.
Move + Barge with all and then attack with all.
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabikishko View Post
Move + Barge with all and then attack with all.
Not sure it matters in any practical sense, but technically:

1) The entire squad gets a Movement Phase.

2) After moving with the entire squad, then each HSB in the squad gets a chance to Barge.

3) After Barging into Battle, each of the 3 gets a chance to Attack.
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart

Barge into battle will be useful to get expensive squads out of engagement and with their solid stats they could be used as bodygaurds for a key figure Kelda/Raelin. Quick question: Does BIB work if your opponet is held by cyberclaw?
Old November 10th, 2010, 05:10 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
Barge into battle will be useful to get expensive squads out of engagement and with their solid stats they could be used as bodygaurds for a key figure Kelda/Raelin. Quick question: Does BIB work if your opponet is held by cyberclaw?
So switching out with your X17? If so, then yes, that is legal.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old November 10th, 2010, 05:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
So switching out with your X17? If so, then yes, that is legal.
You can't switch out X17, as you can only switch out squad figures. However, you could use BIB to pull gladiatrons out of engagement.

If you're asking whether you can use BIB to, say, pull a goblin cutter out of engagement with a Gladiatron, though, the answer is no. The text of Cyberclaw specifically states that it overrides other powers.
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:55 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Okay, sorry if this is a dumb question so just bear with me.
If I use "Expendable Rabble", can I then activate "Scurry"? It is the opponents figure making the kill so I would think it would but then again...
Old January 14th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
If I use "Expendable Rabble", can I then activate "Scurry"? It is the opponents figure making the kill so I would think it would but then again...
I would say no. Expendable Rabble specifically states that you're "destroying a Goblin Cutter," and "ignoring any wounds that Horned Skull Brute received," that power is what's destroying the GC, not the opposing player's figure's attack.

Mechanically, you're blocking a wound and destroying a figure, not redirecting an attack.

Edit: it would be cool if it worked though.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 14th, 2011, 11:27 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
I would say no. Expendable Rabble specifically states that you're "destroying a Goblin Cutter," and "ignoring any wounds that Horned Skull Brute received," that power is what's destroying the GC, not the opposing player's figure's attack.

Mechanically, you're blocking a wound and destroying a figure, not redirecting an attack.

Edit: it would be cool if it worked though.
...that's what I thought. I was hoping it would work though because that happening during a game would be priceless and thematically it should work. Oh well...
Old January 14th, 2011, 11:30 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Agreed. The Goblin isn't being destroyed by a normal attack (which activates Scurry), but instead by a special power (Expendable Rabble) that is activated by a normal attack.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units