Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 24th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of the Werewolf Lord

You're cracking me up Killometer. Seriously? For the three people who will need to know this ever?

I say toss poor old Parmenio a bone here and keep the Disciplined. It isn't as if an army with two or more heroes featuring the Sacred Band doesn't already have enough things to worry about facing a Werewolf Lord.

~Aldin, who has played with Parmenio maybe once in the last year

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

"Disciplined Influence" triggers at the start of the game. Lycanthropy is triggered by the placement of the wound marker, clearly afterward in time.

Not really anything to it, I don't think. Do what the card says, not what it doesn't say.

edit: ninja'ed by Aldin, who I don't think is taking this seriously (!!!) and can, from a strictly pedantic/philosophical/semi-legal point of view, be safely ignored.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:23 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

I would say turn him tormented. Yes, DISCIPLINED INFLUENCE describes a permanent change, but so does LYCANTHROPY, and that happens later. Bottom line is, LYCANTHROPY wasn't around when Parmenio was released, and turning that disciplined figure into a monster just makes more sense. I would venture to guess that if the Werewolf Lord had been around when Parmenio had been released, the wording of DISCIPLINED INFLUENCE would have reflected the possibility of the personality being altered by LYCANTHROPY.

That having been said--Seriously, Killer, who the hell cares??

EDIT: Okay, the more I think about it, it would actually be awesome if Parmenio could make someone so disciplined that they can't be turned by a werewolf. I might actually use him against a wolf army.

Last edited by spiteofthedice; August 24th, 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:28 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciplined Influence
At the start of the game, you may choose any unique Army Card you control. For this game the chosen card's personality is disciplined, regardless of what is listed on the card.
I'm almost tempted ot say that Parmenio overrules Lycanthropy. But I'd wait for an official answer. Not like you're currently using him in a game or anything anyway.
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Thematically it fits that Parmino would over power lycantrophy. I mean he can influence beasts like Krug to be disciplined.
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

You're cracking me up Killometer. Seriously? For the three people who will need to know this ever?

I say toss poor old Parmenio a bone here and keep the Disciplined. It isn't as if an army with two or more heroes featuring the Sacred Band doesn't already have enough things to worry about facing a Werewolf Lord.

Ohh, you make me a sad Killometer.

Seriously, though (if anyone here knows how to be ), I'm leaning towards Disciplined Influence wins because of the last line of its description: "regardless of what is listed on the card".

~Killometer, who has never played Parmenio (or the SB), but likes to have his bases covered for these types of weird situations.

@DaddyScaper-Normally I'm okay with "do what the card says, not what it doesn't say", but this feels like one of those Phantom Walk v. Cyberclaw situations; when an irresistable force meets an immovable object, what happens?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 25th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

Ohh, you make me a sad Killometer.

Seriously, though (if anyone here knows how to be ), I'm leaning towards Disciplined Influence wins because of the last line of its description: "regardless of what is listed on the card".

~Killometer, who has never played Parmenio (or the SB), but likes to have his bases covered for these types of weird situations.

@DaddyScaper-Normally I'm okay with "do what the card says, not what it doesn't say", but this feels like one of those Phantom Walk v. Cyberclaw situations; when an irresistable force meets an immovable object, what happens?
Lycanthropy trumps Parmenio. Tormented is not listed on the card, it happens because of another affect. Not, sure how to explain the reason in words. It just is.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:38 AM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lycanthropy trumps Parmenio. It's a timing thing. Parmenio triggers at the start of the game, but then during the game, the hero becomes infected, overriding that disciplined influence.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:39 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
Lycanthropy trumps Parmenio. It's a timing thing. Parmenio triggers at the start of the game, but then during the game, the hero becomes infected, overriding that disciplined influence.
Guys! Look! The first letters of all the words in Guru's ruling spell out Ltpiattptatsotgbtdtgthbiotdi. That must be the name of the one of the D3 packs! Quick--someone look up DnD to see if there's a character named Ltpiattptatsotgbtdtgthbiotdi!

Thanks for the ruling, Guru.

~Spite
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
Hmm, I could start typing in red and keep arguing, buuut I guess I'll go with what the Rules Team says here.

Thanks for the definitive answer, Guru.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:46 AM

hero9510 is surprisingly tart

I have a question: Let's say the Werewolf Lord uses Lycanthropy and infects another hero, The Werewolf Lord's next turn, he uses Moon frenzy and can use the other hero, can you move the hero without leaving engagement? Technically he is still your opponents figure and should take it, but for that turn it is like a friendly unit. Not sure which way to jump here.

If power corrupts,
and absolute power corrupts absolutely,
and knowledge is power,
does absolute knowledge corrupt absolutely?
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

He would be considered friendly for that movement I would assume.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units