Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:42 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Protectors of Ullar

One of the best ways to use the PoU in my opinion is with raelin. Put her behind them all on height. With defense of 6 they can survive most attacks.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:53 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I do believe they and Atlaga are the only Official Units to have both Flying and a Range Value higher than 1, which can be extremely powerful on certain maps. Like with Ranged Squads that have Bonding, there's a good reason for that rarity.

~TAF
You are forgetting Ulginesh. He also has flying and range value >1. I know because I played on a map once where I couldn't reach him. Powerful combo indeed. Always something to keep in mind when designing maps.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:19 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh yeah, right you are. Easy to forget due to using Mind Link 99% of the time.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 10th, 2019, 12:41 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

I don’t have these guys, but I imagine they would absolutely dominate on a map with lots of height. Being able to fly+range (without two space hinderences of mimring) is insane enough on a mountainous map, but getting an extra attack die for height makes them exponentially more deadly.

I feel like they would be nearly unplayable on some maps, unless you counterdrafted tons of long range squads
Old January 10th, 2019, 12:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
I don’t have these guys, but I imagine they would absolutely dominate on a map with lots of height. Being able to fly+range (without two space hinderences of mimring) is insane enough on a mountainous map, but getting an extra attack die for height makes them exponentially more deadly.

I feel like they would be nearly unplayable on some maps, unless you counterdrafted tons of long range squads
They can be dangerous, but you can counter them excessively easily with Phantom Knights who are both faster and 40 points chraper.

On a mountain map, play flyers. Lots of flyers.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 31st, 2020, 01:51 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Can't believe I haven't commented on my favorite common squad yet!
(Well them and zombies tie, really.)

Very balanced for the points, a defense of 3 still means you need to be careful and not fling them at people like other squads. Careful placement and they will turn your opponents Heroes into pin cushions. Against common swarm squads they can have some trouble though, so make sure to grab height ASAP. I usually use at least 2 squads, but Atlaga, Rae-rae and 3 squads of Protectors is a formidable 500 point team.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old July 11th, 2021, 11:49 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It is strange that the protectors and Atlaga are the only kyrie whose wings count as hit zones. What makes them so different..?
Old July 12th, 2021, 01:39 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
It is strange that the protectors and Atlaga are the only kyrie whose wings count as hit zones. What makes them so different..?
They don't; this was errata'd some time after their release. From the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
-Rulings and Clarifications--HITZONE: Really?
Q. The hitzones on The Protectors' card seems to say that their wings are part of their hitzones. Really?
A. No, not really:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Advanced FAQ Version 9.4
Protectors of Ullar
“Blackmoon’s Siege”
ERRATA: The Protectors’ wings are not a Hit
Zone.
Same goes with Atlaga.

On a different note, I'm interested to see if these guys get played in the Anything Goes event at ScapeCon this year. For those out of the loop, the format is as follows:

600 points, 12 figure limit. 4 rounds.
Official Classic Scape allowed.
Official Marvel Scape allowed.

The Protectors are really good at killing unique heroes, and the 12 figure limit minimises their weakness against cheaper squad figures they have in standard formats. The Protectors are also buffed by Atlaga, who's 30% chance to kill any one figure (at 5 range) also makes him a strong pick in. There are 2 main armies I'm envisioning, the first with a slight defensive edge:

a) Protectors of Ullar x3, Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior, Crixus

Raelin gives this army a strong defensive backbone, greatly improving the survivability of the Protectors. (The extra move Raelin gets from Atlaga is also a nice bonus). Crixus is insanely good for his points in this format - provided he doesn't whiff, One Shield Defense means that he can go toe-to-toe with figures double or even triple his point value, such as the Hulk or Thanos.

On the other hand, if you just want to go balls-to-the-wall offense:

b) Protectors of Ullar x3, Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior

Whilst a lot more vulnerable defensively, 3 attacks of 5 (assuming height advantage) at 5 range with Combined Arbalest are going to wreck pretty much anything.

What are you guy's thoughts?

Last edited by Grey Waves; July 12th, 2021 at 01:44 AM. Reason: fixed a HTML error in the quote
Old July 12th, 2021, 02:37 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Haven't gotten around to reading the whole FAQ pamphlet. Might have to print one out. And those sound like great lineups under those conditions. Entertaining, fun and zesty!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units